Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official "Support Clinton Portis" Thread (merged x4) (MET)

SIXX99

I have no problem with what he said, it's that he went to the media with it. I think its selfish and cowardice to say what he said in the media and not to Zorns face. If you got a problem deal with it between the person you have a problem with, don't **** up the chemistry in the locker room just because you won't win a rushing title this year.

I have no problem with what he said, it's that he went to the media with it. I think its selfish and cowardice to say what he said in the media and not to Zorns face. If you got a problem deal with it between the person you have a problem with, don't **** up the chemistry in the locker room just because you won't win a rushing title this year.

Absolutely understand the frustration with losing, we all do.

But to throw your coach under the bus and call him a idiot (Sarcastic Genius comment) on the air. no class, selfish comment.

Portis doesn't give a **** if he wins the rushing title, he wants to win games. he's tired of busting his ass for a team that underachieves and does nothing to help him with the offensive load.

how do you call portis cowardly and selfish for going to the media with grievacnes against Zorn, when Zorn has done it to players all year? hypocrite.

Chemistry in the locker room? ha, IMO portis just had the balls to say what most of them think.

I support Portis because I think he has a very good argument. However, I dont support the way he went about expressing his frustration. However this whole mess has come from giving someone a head coaching job that simply did not have the experience. Its not Zorn's fault, its not CP's fault. Its our owner & GM's fault. Zorn was not ready and it has showed. I think it would have been much better for him to be the offensive cordinator. Anyway.....CP is the best COMPLETE back in the league and I can understand why he is upset.

He didn't need to do it, but what's done is done. I'm behind Portis on this. Players get frustrated when things get rough and the coach needs to squash it. Zorn hasn't done it and hasn't shown signs of accepting responsibility in the recent past. I think Zorn needs to budge just as much as Portis. Problem is, I think Portis will acquiesce and Zorn won't.

Remember earlier this year, the game on national tv, when Portis had problems with his helmet, got it fixed then went to run on the field.

Zorn called him back, said something and CP got upset.

TV cameras were all over it.

This seems like a similar senario. CP didnt get into play much in the second half and was upset.

But in my eyes, you have to man up and go talk to the coach, in private.

This is all Zorn's fault, obviously he had issue that Portis wasn't practicing before the Ravens game even took place as he said as much. So if he was mad about it or was going to have a short leash on Portis in the Ravens game, Zorn should have inactivated Portis and told him he is going to rest him so he can practice. To suit him up and then bench him is showing Portis up on national TV and that was not the thing to do.

What he said wasn't even bad, he never called Zorn out or did near as much as people make it out to be. At first I thought it wasn't right to go public with it, but after hearing Zorn all year long call out his players, and never take any blame, I'm glad Portis spoke out. After all, Zorn publicly humiliated him by benching him for no reason, Zorn deserves the same thing!

Archived