Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official "Support Clinton Portis" Thread (merged x4) (MET)

SIXX99

How can you fans bash Portis, he is the reason we have been this successful this season, and is the reason we made the playoffs in 2005 and 2007, Jesus this guy is a warrior who can play hurt, and fans are bashing him. Zorn has an ego to him, I back my boy CP 100%, give him the dang ball he is our key to success on offense.

Lavarleap56 is one of the most credible people on the site, if you recall he is the one that filled us in on the burg on burg jerseys we wore against pitt WAY before the media...

I have met LavarLeap before and he is a cool and respectable person, with that bein said...what he says below will clear up any questions you have about this recent development...

I am postin a thread on this because everyone that has been quick to call CP the next TO needs to read this first bc there are not even close to the same person, CP has always been a team player so read carefully....

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lavarleap56

so where are all the people that on sunday night said i didnt know what i was talking about when i said clinton was pissed?? where are all the doubters who said Zorn hasnt lost the locker room and hes a great coach and blah blah blah.

If anyone on this board is upset with CP for his interview you shouldn't be because what he is saying is 100% the truth and he is speaking with 50 other players and some coaches silently standing beside him. Why the sudden reaction though like this is new ?? this information has been on the board since Sunday and i guess it wasn't taken seriously. YOU CAN NOT BLAME OR BE UPSET WITH CP FOR THAT INTERVIEW.

Jim Zorn started all of this and deserves what is going on right now and a win in Cincinnati isn't going to cure anything so don't fool yourself its time to be real ladies and gentleman. Jim Zorn has deflected every bit of criticism to the players EVERY BIT OF IT.

The offense sucks because Zorn doesn't know what he is doing and behind closed doors in meetings can not communicate it to the players. Players are told to do one thing and when they do what there told and it doesnt work Zorn comes back with some other reason why it didnt work besides himself.

example- zorn to cp - i want you to chip on a DE and help the offensive line before you release into your pass routes and if theres alot of pressure stay in for pass pro and dont release.

cp to Zorn- cool will do

play happens and CP does what he is told exactly but play still fails

players come to the sideline and Zorn to CP- Why didnt you release into your route like i said jason was coming to you.

cp-zorn- Coach you said if there was alot of pressure to stay in pass pro and dont release so thats what i did.

zorn-cp- well just dont worry about staying in for pass pro and get out in your route

cp-zorn- ok coach

play happens pressure occurs cp goes out in his route and campbell gets demolished

players back to the sidelines

zorn-cp why didnt you stay in pass pro??

cp-zorn-- you just told me to release and not worry about pass pro

then repeat all over again.

Zorn doesnt know what he is doing and its simple, stop defending him and stop making excuses. Zorn berates the team in meetings for doing what he tells them to do and blames them for failing never the play design or a bad play call ALWAYS THE PLAYERS. The reality is the players are confused because they dont know what the hell Zorn wants because he doesnt even know what the hell he wants.

Zorn blaming the players in the media and singling out the players in the media is one thing but it is a whole other ballgame when you are calling them out in the media and saying its there fault plays are not working but essentially they are doing what Zorn is telling them to do.

Zorn is being dishonest and deflecting blame to everywhere else but HIMSELF and the blame rest soley on his shoulders. Zorn is gone and rightfully so and if he doesnt go there will be coaches and players who want out of Washington and you cant blame them one bit. Adversity affects everyone differently and Zorn cant handle the pressure of being the head man and he has proven just that. When things where going good HE HAD NO PROBLEM with all the media attention he received and accepted all the praise that was heaped on him, almost telling the media and the fans " SEE I KNEW I COULD DO IT" ( pats self on back )

A good leader is only as good as the people following him and Gibbs knew that. Are you really a leader if you turn around and everyone that was following you is gone??

Please stop the support for a coach that before this season we knew nothing about and stop attacking the heart and sole of this team for finally saying enough is enough.. You want to suspend CP for being honest ? well guess what he wont get suspended and you can bet everything in the world CP has already had this conversation with Snyder just like every other veteran leader on this team has and that is a fact.

This shouldn't of been knew to everyone on this board though and honestly if all of my posts fell on deaf ears than maybe i wasted some of my time by posting 1/4 of what i know for the masses on this board so fans could get the right perspective and it wouldn't be a shock when it started coming out to the media.

How can anyone on here blame the players for whats going on when in bad times before none of this was going on and the team ran through brick wall after brick wall for this city and its fans. Zorn in under a year has brought this back to dc with his attitude and his refusal to admit his faults and pass the buck onto everyone else. Does anyone here think it is a coincidence that all of our draft picks cant learn a playbook??? well let me tell you something we sure didn't draft the dumbest players in the draft fellas, one player maybe you can see but all of them!!!

It is hard enough being a rookie in this league but how can you learn and get better when the headcoach tells you to do something you do it but then you still did it wrong ?? the guys are confused, upset, and in revolt mode and if you cant see it then Houston we have a problem.

Everyone its time to sit back and watch Snyder get the ice cream ready and while in the past i think he may of jumped the gun this time he would be 100% warranted and have 100% of the players support and some of the coaches support as well.

well, one thing that has stuck in my mind all year is the inability or unwillingness to use Fred Davis in a two tight end alignment with Chris Cooley and THROW out of that alignment just as the Titans do :)

I think it is true that Zorn has not firmly established an identity for this team to aspire to. He talks philosophy and is up in the clouds in these press conferences.

Meanwhile, Bill Parcells and Tony Sparano are taking a 1-15 team in Miami to 8-5 in just one season and competing for a playoff spot and division title.

In Miami, rookies and first year free agents are getting on the field and contributing right away.

Here in Washington all of the younger players are on the inactive list or buried deep on the bench even though it is clear the starting lineup on this squad is not getting the job done and a number of the starters are 32 or 33 years old and on their last legs.

And let's not pretend we are seeing a WCO. We are seeing a mess and it has been that way BEFORE all of the OL injuries hit.

Maybe that's the players perspective but it's been the same story every time things go bad. It's always the coach. I don't buy it. Whatever happens, WHATEVER HAPPENS you don't go running to the radio like that to air your dirty laundry. Specially considering the fact that the seasons almost over anyway and if half of this is true then the situation would be changed soon. Absolutely nothing to be gained by doing what he did. No, I don't buy the frustration excuse.

Maybe that's the players perspective but it's been the same story every time things go bad. It's always the coach. I don't buy it. Whatever happens, WHATEVER HAPPENS you don't go running to the radio like that to air your dirty laundry. Specially considering the fact that the seasons almost over anyway and if half of this is true then the situation would be changed soon. Absolutely nothing to be gained by doing what he did. No, I don't buy the frustration excuse.

but zorn can...he hasnt taken responsibility once for his mistakes...he blames the players

its not frustration, its understandin what the coach is sayin if you dont know what he wants how are you supposed to do it, if the whole team and other coaches are sayin it somethin is up

I don't distrust LL at all, he's been right on a number of occasions, but something is off-putting here. I'm of the school that this needs to be in-house and that these players need to suck it up and act like adults. They're paid ridiculous amounts of money to do something they love doing. In the real world, we all have to adapt to different bosses and styles of work. I fail to see why these players cannot. If they truly can't, then we have a bigger problem than I thought.

This is all from LL?

My question is, why was this working in the first 8 weeks, and the 2nd half, nothing? Zorn knew how to coach and then forgot?

LL said a time came when adjustments were necessary and they weren't made.

He also said that player input was tuned out starting with the Rams game.

Ive said from day one that the guys press conferences are kinda of "out there". Even in preseason. He is all over the place. I was watching the latest with my brother earlier today. We were both looking at each other asking what the hell is he talking about. In most cases we even forgot what the damn question was. Go watch them and then come back and read this thread....makes a whole lotta of sense.

I don't distrust LL at all, he's been right on a number of occasions, but something is off-putting here. I'm of the school that this needs to be in-house and that these players need to suck it up and act like adults. They're paid ridiculous amounts of money to do something they love doing. In the real world, we all have to adapt to different bosses and styles of work. I fail to see why these players cannot. If they truly can't, then we have a bigger problem than I thought.

EXACTLY...tell zorn to keep it in house, when was the last time you saw Joe callin out players after EVERY D*** loss

well, one thing that has stuck in my mind all year is the inability or unwillingness to use Fred Davis in a two tight end alignment with Chris Cooley and THROW out of that alignment just as the Titans do :)

I think it is true that Zorn has not firmly established an identity for this team to aspire to. He talks philosophy and is up in the clouds in these press conferences.

Meanwhile, Bill Parcells and Tony Sparano are taking a 1-15 team in Miami to 8-5 in just one season and competing for a playoff spot and division title.

In Miami, rookies and first year free agents are getting on the field and contributing right away.

Here in Washington all of the younger players are on the inactive list or buried deep on the bench even though it is clear the starting lineup on this squad is not getting the job done and a number of the starters are 32 or 33 years old and on their last legs.

Good points bd. This is new school vs. old school mentality. I always thought Parcells was an old school guy but he seems to have learned some new tricks. Zorn is old school and demands rookies and youngsters earn their stripes before seeing the field.

Let's not forget John Harbaugh in the shizzhole to the north and Mike Smith in Hotlanta. Both are starting rookies at important spots and the teams are winning. It really bugs me that we can't do the same.

but zorn can...he hasnt taken responsibility once for his mistakes...he blames the players

its not frustration, its understandin what the coach is sayin if you dont know what he wants how are you supposed to do it, if the whole team and other coaches are sayin it somethin is up

Yes, your boss can and you can't. Funny it'n it. Zorn also never came across like a whiny little *****, he came across as critical of the teams play when things didn't work as planned. That's what bosses do. Zorn may not be the answer, but this team (members of this team to be more accurate) has continually ****ed and moaned when things weren't going right that it was the coaches fault. I am sorry but I've grown sick of hearing that.

Archived