Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Zorn Press Monday Conference (recap)

RyansRangers

Course, that's assuming that it is all Campbell's fault. If you replace him with Collins (who is also still learning the offense as well) and nothing changes, what then?

I don't think simply changing QBs is going to change all that much about the team right now.

And what has that got them so far? Two first round exits and probably another one this year. Last I checked, the goal was to get to the Super Bowl, and other than inheriting Tony Dungy's team and riding it to the SB and beating his former team, I don't think Gruden has done all THAT much. As long as he treats the QB position as disposable, he's going to have a tough time reaching that goal again.

Didn't an outcast old QB like Brad Johnson get the Bucs to a Super Bowl?

Are you seriously suggesting NOT putting in Collins because...

#1. well, if he sucks... then we're completely out of options.

#2. well, we're not going to win a Super Bowl with anybody if it's not with Jason Campbell... so why try anything else?

No one is saying Collins is the savior here. What I'm saying is.... that Campbell has been sucking donkey balls. And just like any coach does when a player isn't playing bell... you bench them.

That's a good part of the reason why every team has reserves. That, an injury.

We wouldn't have found out how good Horton is if Doughty didn't get hurt. And QB seems to be the ONLY position where we haven't used a reserve all season.

Can't win with you guys.

Either you have a young QB who has learned too many systems.... or you have a veteran QB who has only learned 2 systems in 11 years.

No matter what... you've got an excuse built in.

Nonsense.....you were all over JC in numerous threads....and of course, still are on Portis.

Maybe you will find this educational, or at least, will see where I am coming from.

Name the top 5 backs in the league over the last few seasons.

In no order.....

Portis

AD

LT

Westbrook

and the 5th could be argued....any of maybe 3. Larry Johnson, Gore...etc

Now, how many of their teams have won Superbowls?

Zero.

None.

So why follow a pattern for failure? This isn't 1990. You can no longer build a team solely on a great RB, and expect to win the SB, or even make the playoffs.

That is exactly what we have done here, and continue to do.

When it changes, we might compete for one.

Until then.....why would the results change?

Nonsense? You said I STARTED JC threads. I did not. Either prove I did, or stfu and argue actual things. You're all over Betts in almost every post you make, so don't come to me with this BS of being "all over" players.

Top 5 backs over the last few seasons? You don't even realize this is a team sport. You're trying to downplay the importance of a RB, which is just silly. Seattle needed Alexander in '05, the Steelers needed Parker. The Bears needed Jones in '06, the Giants leaned on their run games last season, and are doing so this season in many games.

I understand your attempt at logic, but you apparently can't understand it might be flawed. You completely ignore the fact that the teams who have won Superbowls recently also had decent RBs. The Giants had a tandem of good RBs, the Colts had Addai, the Steelers had Parker. But it is amusing watching you look at the failings of an entire team and trying to pin it on one position.

this is a couple of times that zorn has questioned campbell's intelligence and ability to grasp the WCO properly.

first time was when he said "well he wont be a steve young but i think he can eventually understand it".

i dont know if zorn has full faith in campbell and i am starting to wonder myself a little bit after watching his poor execution yesterday.

Dude, stop your BS. Did you listen to the press conference?

Zorn basically said that he holds JC to a high standard, he's said he wouldn't be happy if a JC made 1 mistake.

Don't post lies.

:cheers:

Didn't an outcast old QB like Brad Johnson get the Bucs to a Super Bowl?

#2. well, we're not going to win a Super Bowl with anybody if it's not with Jason Campbell... so why try anything else?

No one is saying Collins is the savior here. What I'm saying is.... that Campbell has been sucking donkey balls. And just like any coach does when a player isn't playing bell... you bench them.

That's a good part of the reason why every team has reserves. That, an injury.

We wouldn't have found out how good Horton is if Doughty didn't get hurt. And QB seems to be the ONLY position where we haven't used a reserve all season.

Can't win with you guys.

Either you have a young QB who has learned too many systems.... or you have a veteran QB who has only learned 2 systems in 11 years.

No matter what... you've got an excuse built in.

YOU DON'T BENCH YOUR STARTING QB IN A NEW OFFENSIVE SYSTEM WHEN YOU HAVE A WINNING RECORD AND A REAL SHOT AT THE PLAYOFFS!!! Maybe cuz I put it in caps you and others thinking we need to bench JC will understand why it's not going to happen.

So what does Snyder have to do to get Matt Hassleback on this team in 2009?

As crappy as the Seahawks are this year, the times I have watched them, it is obvious Hassleback knows how to run a WCO. He is smart, knows how to check down and get the ball to the correct read, and has a very quick release.

I would definitely be in support of this, as long as it doesn't cost us an arm and a leg. I don't think it would happen though. We don't even have a second round pick next year...

So what does Snyder have to do to get Matt Hassleback on this team in 2009?

As crappy as the Seahawks are this year, the times I have watched them, it is obvious Hassleback knows how to run a WCO. He is smart, knows how to check down and get the ball to the correct read, and has a very quick release.

he wasn't always like that! he had his rough years as well.

None of the above. I am suggesting that Campbell is not the sole problem. Zorn has said as much. Simply replacing him isn't going to make the line block better, it isn't going to get receivers open, it isn't going to get Zorn to call a better game, etc. We saw that in the Philly game last week when McNabb was benched in the middle of the game and nothing changed.

Also, what does Collins bring to the table that Campbell doesn't bring at this point? The main thing he had last year was knowledge of the system, and that went when Saunders went.

YOU DON'T BENCH YOUR STARTING QB IN A NEW OFFENSIVE SYSTEM WHEN YOU HAVE A WINNING RECORD AND A REAL SHOT AT THE PLAYOFFS!!! Maybe cuz I put it in caps you and others thinking we need to bench JC will understand why it's not going to happen.

not trying to jump in the middle of this pissing contest between elkabong82 and MCD5, but I'm with elkabong82 on this one ... when we are mathematically eliminated from the playoffs, i would be all for replacing the QB, and letting our rookie OL'man get a shot.

Replacing them now would be the same as Snyder firing Norv mid-season ... but I guess in some folks mind's that would be a good thing.

making the playoffs as a WC team this year is not all that matters, but at the same time, we need to see if these players can step up and improve their game when the pressure is really on.

Nothing personal of course. Carry on.

I'd also like to indicate that I understand that it's fair to criticize Campbell or any other QB who may suit up at QB for the Redskins in the future - my argument is simply that posters such as McD5, zskins, alex93487938493, etc. are nothing but borderline trolls who simply want to take any problem with the Redskins and find a way to pin it on Campbell to help the agenda they've been pushing since before the season even started - whether it's that they want to see Colt Brennan play or just have a blatant hatred for Jason Campbell.

:laugh::laugh::laugh: I just love people who make baseless accusation or assumptions because they think someone else is a broder line troll. Too bad I can't pull all of the links to my posts where I said get rid of MB and put in JC (ES search only goes back to October of this year). And JC is the man. I defended JC when people where bashing him last year. Now that I have seen he still has some issues after being in Zorn's offense for 17 weeks and even Zorn is saying he has to dumb down his plays for JC to understand.

Maybe it is you who doesn't want to see Colt play sooner (like competing for it next year) then later because you might have that blatant hatred for him instead.

:laugh::laugh::laugh: I just love people who make baseless accusation or assumptions because they think someone else is a broder line troll. Too bad I can't pull all of the links to my posts where I said get rid of MB and put in JC (ES search only goes back to October of this year). And JC is the man. I defended JC when people where bashing him last year. Now that I have seen he still has some issues after being in Zorn's offense for 17 weeks and even Zorn is saying he has to dumb down his plays for JC to understand.

Maybe it is you who doesn't want to see Colt play sooner (like competing for it next year) then later because you might have that blatant hatred for him instead.

I have no blatant hatred towards Colt Brennan.

Only those that have been saying he should be the starter since draft day - one of those people is you.

Simply replacing him isn't going to make the line block better, it isn't going to get receivers open, it isn't going to get Zorn to call a better game, etc. We saw that in the Philly game last week when McNabb was benched in the middle of the game and nothing changed.

Nope, there's simply NO precedent of a backup coming in and winnings. As a Redskins fan, you know this best right?

Nah, it's not like Collins came in last year... and the sack numbers went down and the offense was efficient.

Jason, again, I ask.... when are you EVER going to go against status quo.

You don't use your brain. All you do is mindlessly support whatever the Redskins coaches/players do.... even in loss. Even in error. You're nothing more than a homer... which is OK... except you actually think you're an intelligent football fan. But you're not.

You don't coach.. and you never will.... because you will lose every game. Your teams will be losers.... because you're incapable of thinking.... let alone thinking for yourself.

he just keeps trying to say the same thing and if even ONE poster agrees with him he feels justified.

its really sad and between him and alex they are broken records.

What's sadder?

#1. McD5's posts?

or

#2. That you consistently and repeatedly respond to him with you worthless drivel (ie. McD5 sucks and is a joke) <-- we got it the 1st 150 times.

Nope, there's simply NO precedent of a backup coming in and winnings. As a Redskins fan, you know this best right?

Nah, it's not like Collins came in last year... and the sack numbers went down and the offense was efficient.

Jason, again, I ask.... when are you EVER going to go against status quo.

You don't use your brain. All you do is mindlessly support whatever the Redskins coaches/players do.... even in loss. Even in error. You're nothing more than a homer... which is OK... except you actually think you're an intelligent football fan. But you're not.

You don't coach.. and you never will.... because you will lose every game. Your teams will be losers.... because you're incapable of thinking.... let alone thinking for yourself.

The sack numbers didn't go down when Collins came in. Saunders said he opened up more of his playbook for Collins. 10 years experience vs. 1.5. Moss was healthy again, and Collins knowledge of the system allowed him to release the ball quicker, masking some of the defencies in the OL.

I'd say the status quo on the board right now is what you're following, not Jason. Pretty pathetic to call someone else's intelligence into question solely because they aren't all doom and gloom like you are. I've seen him criticize this team before. However, unlike you he apparently wishes to understand things rather than just look to assign blame.

And your last comment really just shows what a loser you are. Get over yourself, or at least do yourself a favor and throw your keyboard out the window.

Betts+the linemen we could have instead of a huge Portis contract>Portis with our current linemen.
We traded for Taylor who is making 8 million this year in less then a day.

If this FO wanted to sign any linemen, they would've. Clinton's contract isn't some giant albatross limiting our spending.

What's sadder?

#1. McD5's posts?

or

#2. That you consistently and repeatedly respond to him with you worthless drivel (ie. McD5 sucks and is a joke) <-- we got it the 1st 150 times.

McD5's posts most definitely.

Also how much is McD5 paying you for you to be his bodyguard?

make sense to me ...

anyone callign for Todd (George Carlin voice) or Colt .45 is lunching. It's way to big of a gamble. You know what you got with JC.

With a new offense, I don't think you know what you got with Todd.

Did he mention how on every throw the receiver had to stop and catch the ball killing any YAC Whatsoever?...

JC was below average yesterday..4th year this is getting ridiculious.

thats my biggest complaint with campbell and its been a problem for awhile now he has no down field accuracy. Recievers alwasy have to stop adjust and jump.. Gibbs alwasy praised moss for this but in reality they should be hit in stride...

McD5's posts most definitely.

Also how much is McD5 paying you for you to be his bodyguard?

I agree with less than 1% of what McD5 says (I actually don't know if I agree with anything he says) but, I have better things to do than make a thread 3+ pages long by getting in arguements with him while repeatedly stating that his posts aren't worth reading or responding to.

Do you see my point?

Or are you "special" like Big Mike?

I have no blatant hatred towards Colt Brennan.

Only those that have been saying he should be the starter since draft day - one of those people is you.

As long you understand that I do not HATE JC. :cool:

I have said in the past and even to this day if JC doesn't show the improvements that we were all thinking he would have after being coached by Zorn then next year have a open competition for the starting job. And Zorn has said Colt is an accurate passer which he didn't or does say about JC.

I sit in front of a computer all day (us IT managers have it hard) so I get to read a lot of stuff.;)

I agree with less than 1% of what McD5 says (I actually don't know if I agree with anything he says) but, I have better things to do than make a thread 3+ pages long by getting in arguements with him while repeatedly stating that his posts aren't worth reading or responding to.

Do you see my point?

Or are you "special" like Big Mike?

Fair enough, but I don't see the need to hate on BigMike or anyone else in this thread. McD5 came out with some ridiculous and ignorant statements and got blasted for them - and deservedly so.

As long you understand that I do not HATE JC. :cool:

I have said in the past and even to this day if JC doesn't show the improvements that we were all thinking he would have after being coached by Zorn then next year have a open competition for the starting job. And Zorn has said Colt is an accurate passer which he didn't or does say about JC.

I sit in front a computer all day (us IT managers have it hard) so I get to read a lot of stuff.;)

Ok, but if you trust Zorn's judgement that much I am curious as to why he would continue to play Campbell if he really thought Brennan was the answer.

Who knows, maybe you'll be right and I'll be wrong - I still think Campbell can be a pretty good NFL QB - maybe with another franchise in 2010.

Ok, but if you trust Zorn's judgement that much I am curious as to why he would continue to play Campbell if he really thought Brennan was the answer.

Who knows, maybe you'll be right and I'll be wrong - I still think Campbell can be a pretty good NFL QB - maybe with another franchise in 2010.

Or this one?

Let's give Zorn and Campbell time. Colt-lovers will only agree that it'll help him rather than hurt him.

Archived