Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Post Game Thread Fallout - Merge Em Here.

TK

Jesus Christ you have to be kidding me. He was widely considered an MVP candidate only a few games ago by many media outlets but all of a sudden he forgot how to play football? Notice how the O-line played and how the play calling was during their winning streak and compare it to now....yeah no wonder they aren't winning. It's not JC, it's the o-line and Zorn having terrible game plans.

What other factor was involved there? Could it have been a healty portis ripping up opposing D's, keeping the focus off of campbell and the passing game?

Clinton was hurt. The running game was stuffed. JC's turn to carry the load, and show he can come up big in a big game. How did that work out, you say?

Exhibit A: Steelers game

Exhibit B: Cowboys game

Exhibit C: Giants game.

I dunno what happened on the TD catch he gave up. Either Toomer was baiting him, or Smoot just screwed up big time, because when the ball was thrown, Smoot had him covered fine, and then Toomer just all of the sudden leaves him in the dust.

Toomer has been a Redskins killer for a number of years now.

What I don't understand though is between Springs, Rogers, & Hall, why was SMOOT of all people one on one with Toomer? Was one of the other three guys resting on the play?

Hmm I wondered when an idiotic thread was going to be posted.

Even residents at St Elizabeth mental hospital acknowledge that the Giants are better than us along the lines. And looking at their season no teams have had a good pass rush against Eli on a consistent basis but they are disrupting the passing games of every team they have faced sans the Browns.

Portis is hurt, everyone including ex skin Antonio Pierce knew that and the Superbowl Champs had no respect for the run and even you 5 watt lightbulbs had to notice the lack of separation with our receivers.

Yet some fools behave like our season is over and the skins should insert an overhyped QB who played in the run and shoot against nonexistent secondaries the majority of his college career and 4thstringers in preseason.

I dunno what happened on the TD catch he gave up. Either Toomer was baiting him, or Smoot just screwed up big time, because when the ball was thrown, Smoot had him covered fine, and then Toomer just all of the sudden leaves him in the dust.

Toomer has been a Redskins killer for a number of years now.

Smoot used to bait quarterbacks in that situation, actually. He would allow for what seemed to be good separation and then close in to make a play on the ball. You'll notice that at the tail end of that play he closes quite well. However, it wasn't well enough. It just looks like he gambled and lost.

I dont want to say "i was right" but I've said it many times that Jason Campbell will never be anything special as a starting QB in this league based upon years of watching him in college, and it looks like that is coming true.

As for collegiate QBs the skins could look at, Matthew Stafford might be available at the Skins pick depending on if Colt and Bradford come out. Although, as a UGA alum and Dallas Cowboys fan, that would just about kill me.

I'm not saying Zorn should be canned. I think the guy deserves a year 2. He will be on the hot seat though in 2009. That early season promise has melted away. Even if we somehow make the playoffs; this team will not win anything.

The thing is, Dan Snyder is the owner. He has an impulse like many of the fans here that post on this board. If Snyder knew he could lock up a big name coach, like a Cowher, Johnson, Carroll, etc.... would Snyder revert to his old ways and fire Zorn and hire that big name?

Remember, this question is about whether Snyder would revert to his old ways?

This just in: Jason Campbell dropped a lot of passes on 3rd downs. He needs to learn to catch.

We (still) need better receivers. It's not all the receivers fault because Campbell seems like he is always late on throws. I wanna see what Brennan can do before I say we need to draft someone else. I also want to see the receivers actually go up and catch the ball. Moss is good, but not great, he has to be wide open or he drops the ball.

What other factor was involved there? Could it have been a healty portis ripping up opposing D's, keeping the focus off of campbell and the passing game?

Clinton was hurt. The running game was stuffed. JC's turn to carry the load, and show he can come up big in a big game. How did that work out, you say?

Exhibit A: Steelers game

Exhibit B: Cowboys game

Exhibit C: Giants game.

Maddenites I tell yah they will fail the Football IQ test every time. Hmm did you take the time to look at their defensive passing ranks and W/L records well as watch the games?

No because on the video game the QB overcomes all odds and does the unexpected and the highly unlikely.

Well, I've cooled down a bit. And I must say that yes, Campbell has not been very impressive. But I would like to see how he would do if he had all day to throw like our opposing QBs do against our nonexistent pass rush. He may not be a HOF QB, but I think he has the fundamentals and size to be an effective QB in a well run offense that utilizes him and his assets properly.

I can't crawl into a guy's brain, but here goes:

I think Dan Snyder's ideal situation would be for the Redskins to win multiple Super Bowls with him involved heavily in every facet of operations. However, I think he's realized that those two circumstances (the winning and his penultimate involvement) are pretty irreconcilable. So my best guess is that it'll take a lot to make him resume creating headlines non-stop like he used to.

Great QBs are rarely if ever available in FA. Besides Drew Brees how many have there been? And I don't think Cassel will be good here, or anywhere else but in New England.

We need to develop our own. Campbell looks like a bust. Is Brennan the guy? Is there someone in the draft we like? We'll see...

I agree, Campbell had a chance, today was the biggest game of his career, he had to do something and he didn't. Colt might be the guy, I am starting to think he might be the guy to give our offense the needed spark.

10.75 points a game the last 4 games. There is a problem with this offense that needs to be fixed. I think Zorn should be on the hot seat now. This does not cut it in the NFL and it is no different than Cam Cameron going 1-15 last year. Yep, Zorn has 7 wins but there is no progress to be measured.

Maddenites I tell yah they will fail the Football IQ test every time. Hmm did you take the time to look at their defensive passing ranks and W/L records well as watch the games?

No because on the video game the QB overcomes all odds and does the unexpected and the highly unlikely.

LOL ok pal. What did my post, and your post, just tell us? He's incapable of beating good teams with solid defenses? He's incapable of overcoming long odds, or leading a winning scoring drive in the 4th quarter? Besides the new orleans game, how many times has JC carried this team on his back? How many times has he led game winning drives with time running out, completing that clutch throw for a game-winning TD? How many opportunities has our "young, stud" QB had to win games in the final drive? I can remember quite a few games last season when we were down by 1 score, time running out. How did your boy perform then? When the running game is taken away, how has your boy done with carrying the team on his shoulders?

Whats his record as a starter, by the way?

Oh, thats right. QB's can never overcome odds and snatch victory from the jaws of defeat.....except good ones, that is. Sorry, bud. I dont think its possible to ensure JC plays a 32nd ranked passing defense every game. Actually, now that I think about it, he has played some of the worst passing defenses in the entire NFL this season....

How many TD's does he have, again? Where does he rank in yardage?

i love Jim Zorn...i hope we keep him for several yrs and let him prove himself and wat hes all about...but it has been my belief that he was brought in this yr w/ the hopes that he was only a filler until Cowher made himself available. If Zorn wins out then Snyder looks like a genius, if not he can go after Cowher someday and b/c he gave Zorn a chance nobody thinks Zorn was given the short end of the stick...Keep Zorn until its absolutely 100% positive that hes not the guy.

Archived