Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

"Little Jackie has started to ask where Daddy is"

CounterTrey

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/11/25/AR2008112502094.html

We as fans all miss him but can you imagine how his family feels when little Jackie has started to question where daddy is?

A great article by the Post and I will one day make it down to his grave to pay my respects.

It's just depressing, not because we can't see him, but because she can't.

Didnt need to read either of those.

I keep telling myself to stay away from ST threads, I just can't.

Sunday is going to be a tough day for everyone, especially his family and friends. If you are in that stadium please let them all know we are with them, that we have their backs and that we wont ever forget ST or let them down!

The title alone put a lump in my throat and tears in my eyes. Reading the article was even harder. I knew Sean was extremely generous with others, but I hadn't realized that so many people had lengthy stays at his home. He was so trusting. It's sad that this world is a place where you really can't trust people. Most sad of all is thinking how Jackie feels hearing why her dad isn't there, and also how her family must feel when explaining it to her.

It makes me so angry that Sean was so generous to people, and then these same people tried to steal his belongings and ended up taking his life.

One last thought. This article points out the importance of having a will, regardless of your age. I can't imagine Sean would have wanted everything going to his daughter and leaving out the rest of his family.

The title alone put a lump in my throat and tears in my eyes. Reading the article was even harder. I knew Sean was extremely generous with others, but I hadn't realized that so many people had lengthy stays at his home. He was so trusting. It's sad that this world is a place where you really can't trust people. Most sad of all is thinking how Jackie feels hearing why her dad isn't there, and also how her family must feel when explaining it to her.

It makes me so angry that Sean was so generous to people, and then these same people tried to steal his belongings and ended up taking his life.

One last thought. This article points out the importance of having a will, regardless of your age. I can't imagine Sean would have wanted everything going to his daughter and leaving out the rest of his family.

Yeah, I basically felt the same way looking at that picture and reading the title. Just awful.

Such a situation that nobody should be in right now but some useless thugs just decided...ahh don't even wanna think about it. I hope they rot in prison and drop the soap often.

Finally on this board, I see this word used correctly.

Back on topic though...I still think it's terrible that I lost my Father at the age of 18, but being as young as she is, and going the rest of her life without him is terrible. :(

I truly feel for lil Jackie. As a father of 2 young girls I still cannot fathom what it will be like to grow up without a loving daddy. Part of that does impact the urgency I feel in making sure that my girls know that daddy loves them and that he works hard for them.

If I could somehow speak to little Jackie I would tell her that her daddy was a TRUE bonafide HERO.

Not because he played great football and was beginning to redefine the safety position.

But because for one brief moment when danger came to those he loved the most he did not shirk his responsibility as a man. He stood up and defended his lady and his little girl to the death. I would think that if we men were all placed in that situation. We would do the same. And if that meant that we lose our life to save our family, then so be it.

Thats the part of ST that I can connect with.

Thats the human part of the Sean Taylor tragedy that hits us fans to the core.

That in the end, it wasn't about how good he was on the field. Or about any issues he had with his perceived image off of it. It was about in that moment when you could run and hide or stand and defend, what he did and what he was willing to sacrifice.

That is what I honor. And I hope that one day lil Jackie will appreciate what her daddy ultimately stood for.

God bless Jackie and God bless Sean.

Hail Burgundy and Gold!

Peace :point2sky

Damn I cant believe this exact day a year ago me and my brother were working together and he told me at like 9 or 10 am he had heard on the radio Taylor got shot... I just thought nothing of it and had my ears glued to the tv and radio.

Then as it approached 5 or 6pm I heard people saying he probably wont make it through the night, then I left work and went to the visual at redskisn park praying he was ok..... Then we all know what happened the next day.

I feel terrible for his daughter.... R.I.P. # 21!!! I miss you!

I truly feel for lil Jackie. As a father of 2 young girls I still cannot fathom what it will be like to grow up without a loving daddy. Part of that does impact the urgency I feel in making sure that my girls know that daddy loves them and that he works hard for them.

If I could somehow speak to little Jackie I would tell her that her daddy was a TRUE bonafide HERO.

Not because he played great football and was beginning to redefine the safety position.

But because for one brief moment when danger came to those he loved the most he did not shirk his responsibility as a man. He stood up and defended his lady and his little girl to the death. I would think that if we men were all placed in that situation. We would do the same. And if that meant that we lose our life to save our family, then so be it.

Thats the part of ST that I can connect with.

Thats the human part of the Sean Taylor tragedy that hits us fans to the core.

That in the end, it wasn't about how good he was on the field. Or about any issues he had with his perceived image off of it. It was about in that moment when you could run and hide or stand and defend, what he did and what he was willing to sacrifice.

That is what I honor. And I hope that one day lil Jackie will appreciate what her daddy ultimately stood for.

God bless Jackie and God bless Sean.

Hail Burgundy and Gold!

Peace :point2sky

:applause::applause::applause::applause: I dont think it could have been said any better than you just said it Man! This is probably the best thing I have ever read on this board about the death of Sean Taylor. Thanks man.

Archived