Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Problems with the Refing?

MonkFan8

Maybe so, but based upon the theory of "Home Field Advantage Reffing," we should get that eight games out of the season, and that doesn't happen. We routinely see the visiting team get the benefit of the doubt when we play at FedEx Field.

I can't argue that. We seem to get reffed a lot and it is amazing how many penalties I can see from my tv screen that are never called against our opponents. Last week, when the Cowboys were offsides seven times and called once for it... I just didn't get it. Of course, our line looked bad and Jason was getting undue pressure. The Cowboys were constantly being given a head start.

Hate to tell you guys this but we got away with the worst call of the day. All these other calls are judgement calls but Santana Moss should have been ejected according to league rules.

Yup. Moss was lucky on that one. I saw the replay and just shook my head.

• 2 weeks later...

After Sunday, especially actually being there and seeing **** up close, you can't tell me refs aren't being paid off or sumthin'. there were so many missed/blown/BULL**** calls it wasn't even funny. Not only with us but I took this question to fans of Steelers, Cowboys, Giants etc. and they all said pretty much the same thing. What do ya'll think??

Also what kind of rules are they going to impose next season?????

No sneezing before the snap?? WTF

NFL has to give good calls to Patriots, Giants, Cowboys and Eagles because they need them to stay in the race

Huh? Why?

Is it merely a coincidence that the teams the NFL chooses to assist are all the NFC East teams, except the Skins? Or is it possible that some simply feel that way because the division rivals are having more success lately?

Huh? Why?

Is it merely a coincidence that the teams the NFL chooses to assist are all the NFC East teams, except the Skins? Or is it possible that some simply feel that way because the division rivals are having more success lately?

After seeing a coule Eagles games this year when the Skins weren't on in our area, they are getting jobbed way more than us. Fact

After seeing a coule Eagles games this year when the Skins weren't on in our area, they are getting jobbed way more than us. Fact

I think every team gets jobbed it's share. And every fanbase thinks they are getting it the worst.

In general, the quality of the officiating has taken a nosedive this season. I'm not necessarily saying that the refs are involved in betting or that the league is trying to fix games, but the officiating has just gotten a lot worse.

About five or six years ago I started noticing a lot of new refs, and a lot of the older officials starting to retire. In that span of time, I think it's entirely possible that a lot of these new refs have started to form biases and/or to become anti-various players or even various teams/fanbases. (As an example, my friend and I make a point of booing the refs when they come out each week. For the Dallas game their bus stopped right in front of us, and we motioned like we were going to tip the bus over.) Nevertheless, I've heard of hometown calls, but it seems like other teams routinely seem to get those calls in our stadium. I really hope that the league takes a hard look at their officiating in the offseason.

I think every team gets jobbed it's share. And every fanbase thinks they are getting it the worst.

Got a Pats message board right now.

Their fans are convinced that the lack of a fan for Clark in nearly killing Welker is proof that Goodell is out to get them.

So...apparently, the NFL is out to keep EVERY team from the playoffs.

Which is an interesting strategy.

Archived