Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Problems with the Refing?

MonkFan8

So, we won the game obviously so I'm not going to whine about the refs too much. But what the heck? CP gets twisted around on several plays where the whistle should have blown the play dead, and then Betts is wrapped up and twisted, any other time the play is blown dead, but again no whistle.

I swear to god if CP is hurt because the refs refused to blow that play dead (the play just before the Betts fumble) I'll be incredibly mad. He didn't look too good walking off, that's a textbook way players injure their knees.

And what was with the spotting of the ball being horrible all day? CP had several clear first downs that were spotted 1 yard+ behind where he went down.

There was also the fact that they called Cooley out when he wasn't even close. Overall I didn't think it was that bad.
To be fair, they called a pretty good game. I just don't like hearing about how the NFL wants to protect their players yet you let players get gang-tackled and contorted far after forward progress was stopped.

Yeah, and then when we sack Matt Hasselbeck and he fumbles the ball like a split second later, of course they had already blown the whistle even though he was still fighting.

That one ticked me off as well. As it happened I was on the phone with a buddy of mine, and our reactions were the same...that it should have been ruled a live ball. I then noticed that ultimately a Seahawk recovered the ball, so I figured that it would be a blessing in disguise because with our luck the guy would have run for a first down.

Haha. I am constantly screaming about the officials disfavor of the 'Skins, much to the annoyance of my girlfriend, family, and friends.

I do think it is virtual, though I also understand that my blind support of this team is likely clouding my judgment. That said I try not to post too much about this sort of crap.

Guess I'll play along now though. Tapp was in the NZ on the snap when he FF'd Campbell in the first. Could have been a huge momentum swing if Samuels doesn't recover..

Regardless of anything else (spots), I was yelling all game about blowing the whistle on forward progress. Many a time CP was just standing up straight...blow the whistle, Im dying here hoping he doesnt get hurt on these bogus "dead" plays.

Yeah, the forward progress thing is the one that gets me. Be consistent. They said Campbell's progress was stopped earlier in the game. Betts clearly was down and his progress was stopped. The play was over. Yes, he should have held onto the ball, but I think that was a sketchy call. Were it not for him lying on top of several bodies he would have been down. There was no possibility of him continuing the play at all.

Several of the spots were terrible too. Definately, some nice home field advantages going on.

home field advantage we dont get any of that

That's what ticks me off. We all hear about "hometown calls" in every sport. But yet we constantly have other teams getting those calls in our stadium.

I've heard of refs in a lot of sports that actually reverse that logic in that if it's close, they generally give it to the visiting team.

we need one generic thread for the ref bashing so we don't have one every week.

guys, they blow the whistle quicker for quarterbacks because they're pansies.

betts wasn't close to being down.

we clearly got away with a delay of game in the first quarter.

you could call holding on almost any play.

there is no conspiracy, the refs aren't our enemy. we're our worst enemy.

They didn't have a problem blowing the play dead the moment we touched Hasselbeck just as he fumbled the ball. Am I then only one who yelled at the TV when that happened? Hell, you look at the replay in slow motion and he was fumbling that ball just as he was wrapped up by the first defender.

Who cares. This pain-in-the-ass game is over. Let's move on. We've got to take care of business this coming Sunday.

We are getting screwed by the refs in almost every game we have played this year. It is always at it's worst when we play the Cowboys as well. Many times I've seen Flozell Adams hold the hell out of Carter or some other penalty on Dallas that NEVER gets called.

NFL games are hard to be 'fixed' (like the NBA), but it is obvious how one team seems to get pretty much ALL of the calls against them and some (Dallas) get away with way too much(i.e. Anthony Henry was all over a 49er WR on 3rd and Goal and it wasn't called.)

The league ****ing hates us, and Snyder is probably a big reason why.

We are getting screwed by the refs in almost every game we have played this year. It is always at it's worst when we play the Cowboys as well. Many times I've seen Flozell Adams hold the hell out of Carter or some other penalty on Dallas that NEVER gets called.

NFL games are hard to be 'fixed' (like the NBA), but it is obvious how one team seems to get pretty much ALL of the calls against them and some (Dallas) get away with way too much(i.e. Anthony Henry was all over a 49er WR on 3rd and Goal and it wasn't called.)

The league ****ing hates us, and Snyder is probably a big reason why.

Even Goodell being a Redskins fan?

Seriously?

Even Goodell being a Redskins fan?

Seriously?

I thought Tags was a Redskin fan? Goodell is too? I hadn't heard that. It may not be a conspirasy, but the spots were uniformly one sided. And it really is hard to believe that Seatle played that clean a game. Then again, not a lot of flags were thrown period. Honestly, this felt more like home field advantage reffing than "they hate us" reffing.

I thought Tags was a Redskin fan? Goodell is too? I hadn't heard that. It may not be a conspirasy, but the spots were uniformly one sided. And it really is hard to believe that Seatle played that clean a game. Then again, not a lot of flags were thrown period. Honestly, this felt more like home field advantage reffing than "they hate us" reffing.

Maybe so, but based upon the theory of "Home Field Advantage Reffing," we should get that eight games out of the season, and that doesn't happen. We routinely see the visiting team get the benefit of the doubt when we play at FedEx Field.

Archived