Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Beer Thread

RedskinsFanInTX

I've had a couple of really good stouts over the past week, first was the Founders Breakfast Stout, today I tried Goose Island Bourbon County Stout. WOW this beer is in a league of it's own, as a matter of fact, it might be the best beer I have ever had, easily in my top two. This beer is special,i have never had a bourbon barrel beer that's as smooth and tasty with bourbon flavors as this brew, if you see one grab it.

As of today, it's a close call between St. Bernardus ABT 12 and Goose Island Bourbon County Stout..

(BTW, the jackass in this pic obviously chilled this beer what a mistake, grabbed it off the web)

goose-island-bourbon-county-stout.jpg

Edited by GoSkins561

I've had a couple of really good stouts over the past week, first was the Founders Breakfast Stout, today I tried Goose Island Bourbon County Stout. WOW this beer is in a league of it's own, as a matter of fact, it might be the best beer I have ever had, easily in my top two. This beer is special,i have never had a bourbon barrel beer that's as smooth and tasty with bourbon flavors as this brew, if you see one grab it.

As of today, it's a close call between St. Bernardus ABT 12 and Goose Island Bourbon County Stout..

(BTW, the jackass in this pic obviously chilled this beer what a mistake, grabbed it off the web)

I too had this during hurricane Sandy and I tell ya it is a monster and very good. I dont think I like it as much as you but I'd agree it is a damn good bear. It is a sipper because at over 15% alcohol it demands respect. In addition, the huge malt bill makes this one a clear choice to sip slowly on a cold winter evening in front of a fire.

I too had this during hurricane Sandy and I tell ya it is a monster and very good. I dont think I like it as much as you but I'd agree it is a damn good bear. It is a sipper because at over 15% alcohol it demands respect. In addition, the huge malt bill makes this one a clear choice to sip slowly on a cold winter evening in front of a fire.

absolutely, i've been trying to think of a stout i've enjoyed more, I can't seem to find any.....I thought the KBS was dynomite until I had this beast, i'm curious because i want to try them, which stouts have you enjoyed more?

I've gathered a collection of around 100 empty bottles of beer I've drank over the last couple of years, and now it's time to de-label them in order to make a mural (or scrapbook) of beer bottle lables.

Right now I'm soaking the bottles in warm water with a cup of hydrogen peroxide and a cup of baking soda. All the glue/sticker adhesives are responding differently. The Urthel Hop-It's label was floating in the water, intact when I checked on it. The Guinness Extra Stout sat in the water overnight with a bunch of other bottles, and the label was still stuck on there like cement.

Dogfish Head's labels are sons'a ****es too. I'm taking them off as carefully as I can stand it, and still only manage to get 50% of them without ripping too much. This is a tedious task, but my bottle layout in the den was to the max, its time to make room.

absolutely, i've been trying to think of a stout i've enjoyed more, I can't seem to find any.....I thought the KBS was dynomite until I had this beast, i'm curious because i want to try them, which stouts have you enjoyed more?

Off the top of my head right now:

The Great Divde: Oak Aged Yeti

Bar Harbor Brewing: Cadillac Mountain Stout

Rogue Hazlenut Brown Nectar .... yeah this stuff straight rocks. As a hop head, this is the anti hop, but damn, it is VERY original, and very good, I can't say I have ever had a nut brown with so much flavor..

Da non hop Bombizzle

rogue-hazelnut-brown-nectar.jpg?w=470

Edited by GoSkins561

Stone Pale Ale!

Hops are pine resin & bitter citrus...malt is mostly toast and nuts, caramel is way underneath. Flavors are defined; a pale ale to sip. Enjoyed it more as it warmed up to around 60 degrees. You won't regret a 6 pack.

http://www.mustlovebeer.com/uploads_user/1000/1/1140.jpg

Just picked up one of these bad boys:

porter.jpg

I haven't had too many smoked beers that I've enjoyed but thought I'd give it a shot because of the power and prestige of the Stone name.

Edited by RobertGoulet

It's in their Winter Classics 12 pack. Two each of:

White Christmas

Chocolate Bock

Winter Lager

Holiday Porter

Old Fezziwig Ale

Boston Lager

Worth it.

Their Winter Variety Pack is one of my favorites, I enjoy every beer in there. But you can just get a regular 6-pack of White Christmas too.

I had the Blue Mountain Barrel House "Isabel Porter" on tap in Harrisonburg, and then my search for bottles of it ended at Total Beverage. Hints of orange and chocolate. Very nice. I'll have to try those two also.

Edited by Dan T.