Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

POTUS- Black people too happy...white people too mad

RedskinNutt

My wife was on facebook after the election was said and done, and under the "what are you doing" thing (as you can tell, I'm not into facebook), people were saying,

- "drinking myself into a 4 year coma"

- "feeling sad that this country forgets about heroes (a reference to McCain)"

- "wondering what I'm going to do for the next 4 years"

c'mon...really?

That's what I'm talking about. Funny thing is...after 4 years, there's probably a chance, that whatever Obama signs or does, it wouldn't even affect these folks.

I just looked at my face book. Here are the status I see (All from white people).

-"loving the election results"

-"Proud to have taken place in this historical election"

-"estactic with the election results"

-"Hoping the 2 sides can now work together"...

i too didn't vote for Obama, but it has nothing to do with him being black...

any person who is pro-abortion, anti-gun, believes in the redistributionist theory of taxes, and supports massive expansion of the federal government will never get my vote....

having said that, I am, in the end, a firm believer in the political process and the Constitution....he will be my president...I will lobby my representatives to vote against the issues he presents I don't agree with, and encourage them to support the ones I do...

and in 4 years I will re-evaluate....

I voted against George Bush twice for some of the reasons I voted against Obama....and in neither instance did the color of their skin matter...

what does matter is the person who cut me off today with the big OBAMA sticker on his Camry, flipped me the bird, and almost made me wreck because I have a McCain sticker on my jeep...

or the people on Sunday who parked in FRONT of my house and would not let me and my family, returning home from brunch, into our house without threats from me because they wanted to talk to me about change....

what bothers me is the cult like status he has obtained, and the fanaticism with which people follow him...

he is still going to be the first CITIZEN as George Washington would say, yet people have imbued him with messianic qualities...

that scares me

I wasn't thrilled w/either of the major party candidates this election year...actually over the past few election years I've felt that the major party candidates left alot to be desired.

I respect the office of the POTUS and whoever gets elected there by the American public has my full support(even when I didn't vote for them). I am an American. It's my duty to support our leader no matter what. What makes this country great however, is the freedom we have to disagree w/our President or his policies without fear of retribution. I can post on here that I disagree with an elected official's platform and know that I won't be punished.

I'm married to a black man. He's quite a bit older than I am(when I say quite a bit..I mean QUITE a bit..lol). After McCain conceded and Obama accepted last night, I woke him(he was tired as Tuesday is his day for dialysis) and said.."well dear, America just voted her first black President into office". He opened his eyes and looked at me and with a tear running down his cheek he said, "I never thought I would live to see this moment." So I asked him, "did you NOT think America would ever be capable of voting a black man into the highest office in the land?". He said, "no...I didn't." I was saddened by this but yet I understood where his voice was coming from. My husband remembers the days of having to enter thru the back door, sitting in the back of the bus, being called "boy" as a grown man...but he's never shown bitterness. He's worked his whole life(since he was 12y/o), helped his single mother take care of 12 kids while she worked sun up to sun down as a "maid" for a prominent, white family. He wore hand me down clothes from that family and knew that if not for their generosity he would have not gotten "new" clothes. It was a very poignant moment for him and while I was not thrilled w/the fact that Obama won this election, his reaction made me appreciate how huge this is for him and many like him. And for those few minutes in time, I saw a boy of 12 gazing up at a man who despite his skin color has risen to the pinnacle of politics in a country that was made on the backs and sweat of others. My husband does not vote..never has...but he was moved to tears as he saw a black man tell the world that he had been chosen to lead this nation. It was powerful.

There are high expectations for this administration and I wish him success and I hope he and his family can stay safe.

Obama got a higher percentage of the white vote (43) than any democrat since Carter in '76 (47.)

Once again...

I told you so.

I told you so.

I told you so.

:)

and you are the reason people are mad....

just like the telemarketer that called me, yawned in my ear, and then apologized because she was "up all night celebrating"...

you fail to remember that while 62 million voted for Barack Obama

57 million people voted AGAINST him...

have some grace...

congratulations, you have become the Dallas Cowboys fans of the political process

and you are the reason people are mad....

just like the telemarketer that called me, yawned in my ear, and then apologized because she was "up all night celebrating"...

you fail to remember that while 62 million voted for Barack Obama

57 million people voted AGAINST him...

have some grace...

congratulations, you have become the Dallas Cowboys fans of the political process

Um, what???

I'm sorry all yer little polls and stories about white racism as it pertains to this election turned out to be 100% bull****. But after all the crap I heard about my race, my state...and even myself....during this campaign, I absolutely will revel in the fact that...I...WAS...RIGHT.

There's a little inconvenient truth for ya! :cheers:

I'm white and quite ashamed of some of the behavior my fellow crackers have exhibited today.

Here are some of the comments I've heard at work and seen online:

"Watermelon is going to cheap as hell now"

"Yeah.. the blacks better enjoy this while they can. Ten bucks says someone redistributes Obama's brain matter all over a podium."

"****ing negroe in the White House now. I swear I'm going to bomb the welfare office"

"Yeah.. the blacks better enjoy this while they can. Ten bucks says someone redistributes Obama's brain matter all over a podium."

"****ing negroe in the White House now. I swear I'm going to bomb the welfare office"

That aint cool bro

I'm white and quite ashamed of some of the behavior my fellow crackers have exhibited today.

Here are some of the comments I've heard at work and seen online:

People who think like that don't deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence as Obama. ****ing idiots.

That's a quote from a Chris Rock bit about the OJ verdict and I thought it was appropriate for what I've been hearing on the radio and reading on message boards this morning.

I'm black, actually bi-racial...and while I'm proud that this country, through all the racial strife and conflict through the decades and centuries. actually judged a person by the content of his character and not the color of his skin (I'm sure some would argue that, and that is fair, but that should also probably be another thread) for the highest office in the land , but as Rock also said, "I went to the mailbox today and looked for my "Obama" prize....nothing!"

I can see where one would be happy, perhaps in some odd instances, overjoyed and brought to tears, but for blacks to believe that Obama is going to cure all their issues (homes, taxes, etc) simply because he's black (bi-racial) is rather foolish. Today, you still had to go to work, you still had to pay taxes, and you still had to obey the laws of this country.

On the other side of the track, for white people to tap out on this country and proclaim this the end of all existence as they know it, simply because their guy didn't win, is equally foolish. Black people aren't suddenly going to be allowed to knock on your door and punch you in the mouth and steal your PS3. Nor will your paycheck suddenly look smaller with a little notation where your full total would be, replaced with "given to a poor black person instead of you." I've heard people criticizing all the celebrating, but is this any different from thousands of people overturning cars and breaking stuff because a bunch of guys who don't know you nor would probably ever want to meet you, play a game, win it in this country, and suddenly consider themselves WORLD champions??

When Bush ver. 2.duh won the second time around, people were outraged, but no one was talking about leaving the country or hiding in a cave for 4 years...and that guy was a MORON.

I think everyone needs to simply relax and take a step back. Black people, rejoice, because the cloak of racism, bigotry and Jim Crow took a major blow yesterday. White people, the man was raised by his white mother and white grandparents; he probably didn't meet a black person until he was 10. Maintain..he isn't going to throw on a black glove and do the black power salute on January 20.

He's the president, and we'll see how he does. We all don't have to like him, but we should support him...we don't have another one. The last couple have been real doozies (one gets trim from a fat girl and almost gets impeached and the other one is just a boob who allowed Darth Vader with a poor ticker control all things for 8 years).

here is the thing bro....there aren't many people that think we should hide in a cave bc he is black.....GET OVER THE RACE CARD....

we don't like him bc he has terrorist friends, bc he is going to raise our taxes (and that includes raising the middle class' taxes) he is going to raise taxes on small business, which in turn hurts employees, electric prices will skyrocket (those words came straight from his mouth), not to mention his "spiritual advisor" is a racist and hates america.

the only thing that pisses me off is that 96% of African Americans voted for obama, not because of his beliefs/political ideas but simply because he is black (oh and wait...he is half white as well so if a half black person is black then hell a half white person must be white...). More African Americans showed up to vote and more African Americans voted for a democrat than in any other election, more 1st time voters over the age of 35 came out to vote than in any other election and almost 100% of them voted for obama.....so awesome we have people that don't know jack sh** about politics going out to vote for a guy simply bc he is black, that is not a fair race take away those voters and only include people that know something about politics and mccain wins in a landslide...

here is the thing bro....there aren't many people that think we should hide in a cave bc he is black.....GET OVER THE RACE CARD....

we don't like him bc he has terrorist friends, bc he is going to raise our taxes (and that includes raising the middle class' taxes) he is going to raise taxes on small business, which in turn hurts employees, electric prices will skyrocket (those words came straight from his mouth), not to mention his "spiritual advisor" is a racist and hates america.

the only thing that pisses me off is that 96% of African Americans voted for obama, not because of his beliefs/political ideas but simply because he is black (oh and wait...he is half white as well so if a half black person is black then hell a half white person must be white...). More African Americans showed up to vote and more African Americans voted for a democrat than in any other election, more 1st time voters over the age of 35 came out to vote than in any other election and almost 100% of them voted for obama.....so awesome we have people that don't know jack sh** about politics going out to vote for a guy simply bc he is black, that is not a fair race take away those voters and only include people that know something about politics and mccain wins in a landslide...

Sucks not to be the majority anymore, doesn' it?:laugh:

Sucks not to be the majority anymore, doesn' it?:laugh:

well considering that people that actually know what they are voting for cast the vote for the right man for the job...no...

i am not a hardcore republican, some of us are smart enough to see the facts...

no one believes that obama is going to raise middle class taxes...have any of you read his economic plan?? he won't lower them i can promise you that

he is still going to be the first CITIZEN as George Washington would say, yet people have imbued him with messianic qualities...

that scares me

Yes, that frightens the hell out of me as well. There must be patience..he isn't walking into an empty house. It's a mess right now, so people can't expect him to clean it in a day.

well considering that people that actually know what they are voting for cast the vote for the right man for the job...no...

i am not a hardcore republican, some of us are smart enough to see the facts...

no one believes that obama is going to raise middle class taxes...have any of you read his economic plan?? he won't lower them i can promise you that

Duly noted. That's your opinion. I'll just note your opinion is not shared by 51% of the country.

Republicans in 2000 and 2004 didn't win the black vote. Why are you so dang surprised McCain didn't win amongst blacks this time?

After all the "kill him" and "terrorist" junk at Palin rallies, didn't you expect some backlash?

Duly noted. That's your opinion. I'll just note your opinion is not shared by 51% of the country.

Republicans in 2000 and 2004 didn't win the black vote. Why are you so dang surprised McCain didn't win amongst blacks this time?

After all the "kill him" and "terrorist" junk at Palin rallies, didn't you expect some backlash?

yea we know republicans didn't win the black vote in 00 or 04, but democrats didnt receive 96% of the black vote either....

have you ever been to a palin rally or do you just watch cnn?

to the Thread Starter your facebook etc. says a lot about your friends not the whole country for example mine since Obama won:

"is super happy and relieved."

"is singing Donny Hathaway's "Young, Gifted, and Black"....."

"is soooo happy! We did it!"

"is excited and proud to be a Virginian!"

"is so excited for the next 4 years... America is making a comeback!"

" is saying that the next time any non white male child dreams of becoming president, he will say yes you can!"

"is good luck president Obama and God bless."

"Mr. Black President, yo Obama for real;;We ready for damn change so y'all let the man shine (:"

"is proud to be an American for the first time in a long time. Go Obama"

"is pleased and happy about the outcome of the presidential race!!! :o)."

"has never been more proud of her country or her state! YES WE DID!"

"is witnessing a mandate from the people."

" thought Obama said it nicely. Let's see what kind of change comes out of it."

"s saying Barack just BARACKED THE WORLD!!!...My President is Black....tell'em Jeezy!"

So please stop making everything a race issue. Of those comments that is only the 1st page. There are tons more. There are 2 of my friends that made comments since they are African American.

It seems you are lumping people together. If you voted McCain it was only because of race. Am I not allowed to disagree with someone based on policy regardless of race?

I am white did not vote for Obama but I am not mad. He gets a clean slate. If he does well he will earn my respect and possible vote for re-election. If he blames everything on Bush and just works in his party then he doesn't.

The day we stop seeing color first we can move past this. And it goes for all colors not just whites.

yea we know republicans didn't win the black vote in 00 or 04, but democrats didnt receive 96% of the black vote either....

have you ever been to a palin rally or do you just watch cnn?

I don't need to go to one to hear "kill him". I heard that just fine on TV.

Obama won more of the educated white vote than McCain too. Even if Obama didn't win the huge majority of black votes, he would have carried this election.

I tend to think people voted more on the issues than on race. That's contrary to what I believed before the election but the signs are there.

That's a quote from a Chris Rock bit about the OJ verdict and I thought it was appropriate for what I've been hearing on the radio and reading on message boards this morning.

I'm black, actually bi-racial...and while I'm proud that this country, through all the racial strife and conflict through the decades and centuries. actually judged a person by the content of his character and not the color of his skin (I'm sure some would argue that, and that is fair, but that should also probably be another thread) for the highest office in the land , but as Rock also said, "I went to the mailbox today and looked for my "Obama" prize....nothing!"

I can see where one would be happy, perhaps in some odd instances, overjoyed and brought to tears, but for blacks to believe that Obama is going to cure all their issues (homes, taxes, etc) simply because he's black (bi-racial) is rather foolish. Today, you still had to go to work, you still had to pay taxes, and you still had to obey the laws of this country.

On the other side of the track, for white people to tap out on this country and proclaim this the end of all existence as they know it, simply because their guy didn't win, is equally foolish. Black people aren't suddenly going to be allowed to knock on your door and punch you in the mouth and steal your PS3. Nor will your paycheck suddenly look smaller with a little notation where your full total would be, replaced with "given to a poor black person instead of you." I've heard people criticizing all the celebrating, but is this any different from thousands of people overturning cars and breaking stuff because a bunch of guys who don't know you nor would probably ever want to meet you, play a game, win it in this country, and suddenly consider themselves WORLD champions??

When Bush ver. 2.duh won the second time around, people were outraged, but no one was talking about leaving the country or hiding in a cave for 4 years...and that guy was a MORON.

I think everyone needs to simply relax and take a step back. Black people, rejoice, because the cloak of racism, bigotry and Jim Crow took a major blow yesterday. White people, the man was raised by his white mother and white grandparents; he probably didn't meet a black person until he was 10. Maintain..he isn't going to throw on a black glove and do the black power salute on January 20.

He's the president, and we'll see how he does. We all don't have to like him, but we should support him...we don't have another one. The last couple have been real doozies (one gets trim from a fat girl and almost gets impeached and the other one is just a boob who allowed Darth Vader with a poor ticker control all things for 8 years).

Sorry, but your post is as about as ignorant as it gets. I don't like Obama because he's a USA-hating, left wing loon. And I'll probably opposed 95% of what he tries to do. But if you think I'm going to back off my criticism of him because he's black and I'm white, you are sorely mistaken. I fully expect the race card to be played when people try to criticize him. It won't work.

Yes, that frightens the hell out of me as well. There must be patience..he isn't walking into an empty house. It's a mess right now, so people can't expect him to clean it in a day.

He already started making excuses in his speech last night. All politicians are scum and that include Jesus Obama.

Archived