Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

POTUS- Black people too happy...white people too mad

RedskinNutt

My father is a conservative. You know, one of those evangelicals who goes to church more than twice a week. He's voted republican as long as I have been alive.

He voted for Obama. That, my friend, I can respect more than anything that is said on any of these message boards.

Personally though, speaking about being ashamed of one's self. I think that people who blindly follow what Hannity or Limbaugh say are duped and should be ashamed of themselves. This also goes for the other side as well. Somebody who just follows the rules of their party so they can be a part of "real" America or be "patriotic" should be ashamed.

Well since no one has referred to party here, you seem to be a bit confused. As does your father, apparently.

Tell me, if you give up your principles so easily, does that mean your support of the Redskins is as fickle?

First, I didn't give up ANY principles. I pointed out a number of conservative ideas that Obama is espousing, and they were my main reasons for voting for him.

To say deciding to vote for him was "easy" for me couldn't be further from the truth. It was more like two solid years of difficult self-examination, investigation of the candidates, and wrestling with myself to actually pull the trigger.

I spent literally hundreds of hours of study, discussion with friends, and discussions on this board trying to come to a decision. It was difficult and sometimes outright painful. And my final decision wasn't without reservation; not by a long shot.

But if you still think you know more about me than I do, it's cool.

My father is a conservative. You know, one of those evangelicals who goes to church more than twice a week. He's voted republican as long as I have been alive.

He voted for Obama. That, my friend, I can respect more than anything that is said on any of these message boards.

Personally though, speaking about being ashamed of one's self. I think that people who blindly follow what Hannity or Limbaugh say are duped and should be ashamed of themselves. This also goes for the other side as well. Somebody who just follows the rules of their party so they can be a part of "real" America or be "patriotic" should be ashamed.

Well since no one has referred to party here, you seem to be a bit confused. As does your father, apparently.

Actually, I referred to party one time and used strong indicators eight. I am most certainly not confused. I would hope that you aren't confused either because it doesn't take a lot of brain power to understand what I am talking about.

While coming up with my response to your post, I figured I would look at your meager posting history. I couldn't find one positive post that you had made. Every last post you have made has been negative in some form or another. It wouldn't surprise me if you were an Eagles fan, Cowboys fan, or Giants fan coming here to stir up some trouble.

My question to you...

What do you bring to the table here at ES with your blatant negativity?

Dude, I'm a conservative Republican and I voted for Obama. Sometimes following party lines just doesn't add up. Often times, if you love something, you have to go with what is right, not the status Que.

What is so terribly bad about Obama?

That he's inspiring? Are you kidding me? We need inspiring Presidents. How else are we ever going to take personal responsibility, something us Conservative Republicans supposedly stand for. No my friend, the current GOP is not conservative at all. They are for more handouts then the Democrats. Corporations and social fascist supporting the GOP is sickening to me. The Dems can take back all of those Southern Democrats that call themselves Conservatives. They think that not advancing society's laws is a good thing.

What's the real problem with this "Share the Wealth" mantra? It's what, a 3% tax increase on those that make good money? There's nothing wrong with wanting to give those that need the money more pay a little less taxes. I hate the welfare state but the way to cure it isn't the conservative way. It isn't working. Part of the reason we are in this financial crunch is because there isn't enough diversity in our economy.

That's where personal responsibility comes in. And Obama is advocating it where John McCain was not. Americans need to do much more then just shop. We need inspiration right now. Reagan, Kennedy, FDR, Teddy... Tough times overcome with inspirational leaders.

Obama's going to be more moderate then you would think due to a few factors.

1. His constituency has changed from liberal to moderate.

2. He's paving a road. Added pressure on the job with the most pressure in the world.

3. He's sincere.

People are excited again and apathy has been shot down even if just temporarily.

Just because this guy isn't an Elephant doesn't mean he doesn't deserve respect for who he is, what he's done and what he's got to do.

how can you be a conservative republican and vote for obama? that makes absolutely no sense, you are not a true republican...obama is one of the most liberal members of the senate....

you don't vote for someone because they are sincere or exciting? hell paris hilton is exciting would you vote for her? he is paving a road?? for what??

also a politician does not change his views from VERY liberal to moderate overnight because he got elected president....he got elected on a very liberal campaign, why would he change? PS never compare obama to Reagan, there is no comparison

Archived