Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll: Rate the Obama Campaign

AsburySkinsFan

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Honestly rate it; effectiveness, strategy, tactics, choices, weathering the criticisms; from a junior senator that would have then only won Hawaii, Illinois, and DC to President elect with 338 electoral votes (possibly more) 50 million+ votes cast.

I know that I have Obama love, but I cannot imagine a more perfect campaign. IMO David Plouff and David Axelrod were impecable in this campaign and it seemed clear that this was Obama's campaign and not the "party's" campaign. Great Job.

BTW, the poll is public because I hate ninjas.

Oh...to save from confusion...10 is the best.

i voted 9

4yrs ago before the DNC speech, he was a virtual unknown to people outside of political cirlces. to go from there to President Elect in an unbelievable achievement. he beat the clinton machine, and stayed relatively on message throughout the whole campaign.

the clinton campaign had too many cooks in the kitchen, Obama's campaign managed to stay unified even when the polls weren't necessarily in his favor

I say a 9 as well. If you see the purpose of a campaign as to elect the man, there's very little they could have done better, except maybe engineer a popular landslide. Not to be devisive, but Obama had a TON of issues to overcome: associations that had to be marginalized, political positions that had to be carefully crafted to actually sound exciting and desirable instead of punative and redistributive. A campaign that can generate the excitement and difuse the negatives like this one did...it's a pretty darn good one.

Even at ground level it was very efficient. I know a couple of people who volunteered locally for the campaign, knocking on doors. They went to the local campaign office, where they were given the area they were to cover with a map showing each house to hit. Their role as canvassers was simply a get-out-the-vote task, so their maps showed only those houses that leaned Democratic in past elections - others in the campaign were assigned the persuasion role and had those targeted houses marked. Everything at this office, anyway, was run very very efficiently, according to my friends who volunteered.

Even at ground level it was very efficient. I know a couple of people who volunteered locally for the campaign, knocking on doors. They went to the local campaign office, where they were given the area they were to cover with a map showing each house to hit. Their role as canvassers was simply a get-out-the-vote task, so their maps showed only those houses that leaned Democratic in past elections - others in the campaign were assigned the persuasion role and had those targeted houses marked. Everything at this office, anyway, was run very very efficiently, according to my friends who volunteered.

Yeah, that's another testament is the ground game, simply unbelievable, and to get the youth vote out, that's part inspiration and part perspiration their organization seemed from the outside to be perfect, especially in the face of the GOP machine.

I have to agree with the other posters, this campaign ran like a well oiled machine. I mean Obama's camapaign was well organized, they way they used the interent to raise money and reach out to younger voters and get them involved in the political process. I think Obama's campaign strategy will studied by political scientists for years to come, you have to give credit where it is due.

Couldn't have been much better...9

We will have to wait to see if running for office well translates into running the country well.

Congrats again, there is no higher office...and no voting present;)

I had exactly the same experience here in GA. I came away very impressed with the organization and efficiency. In both cases (primary and general) they had folks there who came in from out of state to run that particular office.

I gave him a 6. He ran a good campaign, but he got a LOT of help from George Bush, Sarah Palin, and most importantly the economy. I give him full marks for getting past Hillary, but once there I don't see how any Dem candidate could lose under these circumstances without getting caught with a dead girl or a live boy.

Archived