Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

That Feeling Today

Thinking Skins

http://thoughtsparadigm.blogspot.com/

All I can say is that there are few moments that have put a stronger smile on my face.

I got up this morning about 6 and got ready to go vote. I was prepared for a long wait so I brought two cups of tea and some music to listen to. When I got there I saw cops everywhere and wondered what was going on. Appareantly, a cop was shot last night (I hope he's ok). But I got there at about 6:20 and the line was longer than it was for the primaries or when I voted at this same place in 2006 - but not too long. I waited in line until the doors opened at 7:15, and saw the line grow long - to the point that it was around the corner.

Anyway, I went inside and just felt excited. Me and the lady in front of me were just jumping around in excitement. Then as we progressed in line, we started to talk about the issues and how beautiful this day is - this scene, this stuff that's about to happen.

Then I got my voter card and went to cast my ballot. My only regret is that I didn't take a picture of the actual check next to the Obama/Biden on my ballot. It was such a beautiful sight that I'm sure many of my friends will experience. I have a camera on my phone, but I was so afraid of getting into trouble for doing something that may make my vote not count. So I stood there with the check next to the names and a smile on my face that I just don't want to go away.

Then I went outside and saw the lady in front of me - she was gray haired, looked about sixty-ish....had a stark resemblance to Dr. Davis - outside of the school literally dancing. Although brief, It was definitely a site to remember. To say the least she was excited, as were many of the people in line with me today.

It was a beautiful thing!!!

I went to bed last night at about 15 til 3am, and I stared at the ceiling not being able to go to sleep, my alarm clock was set for 5:30am and I was so afraid that I'd sleep through it, it took me forever to get to sleep, when my clock went off I jumped from bed got ready and shot out the door, I got in line at about 10 til 6am, and I was about 15th in line, as I completed my voting and looked at the screen reviewing my vote I distinctly remember smiling as I read Obama's name and I remember shouting in celebration as I sat in my truck afterwards. What a fantastic feeling to have as I voted, rather than feeling used and abused, like a cheap hooker when I voted for Bush 4 years ago, I really do feel good about my vote today, and I just got off the phone with my wife, she voted and took my 6 year old son! What an awesome day!!

I hope those of you who are this geeked out about it don't get disappointed when things are relatively the same for the next 4/8 years. I'm not sure how much either candidate will change in the grand scheme of things.

I voted for Bush....twice....trust me there isn't much that will surpass THAT level of disappointment. I mean Obama could be an empty chair and it would still not disappoint me as much as I've experienced over the past 8 years, I am the one that Obama was referencing when he said that people are bitter.

I voted because I should vote...but I definitely wasn't jumping up and down with excitement.

I hope those of you who are this geeked out about it don't get disappointed when things are relatively the same for the next 4/8 years. I'm not sure how much either candidate will change in the grand scheme of things.

True. I mean some black people are under the belief that their lives are going to improve dramatically. Come on wake up, Obama (or any other president) isn't going to personally help you (regarless of your color), it up to yourself and don't expect handouts.

Without getting into anything about the two primary candidates involved, I will say I was pleasantly surprised when I got to the school I where I vote, and saw the lines were ridiculously long.

Because I initially had a short 20-minute window of time in which to vote, I had to leave and come back later. Normally I might be annoyed at the inconvenience, but another thought interrupted me. Was this finally going to be the year when America really does give us that big turnout that we've always wondered about?

When entering the room to vote, I looked around and saw many people in a good mood, almost universally. Had I not kept remembering back to last night's MNF whooping, I might have been smiling myself.

Archived