Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Lobby Now for the Redskins to play a home game in the UK 2009

bedlamVR

I was watching the Redskins game on Channel 5 last night t 4-30am in the morning and the team looked tired and flat hurting for their bye week . But there was something that bothered me .

I was impressed with some aspects and disappointed with others, I thought the players made a game of it but the Steelers D was as billed .

The thing that pissed me off the most is the "FANS" . They were out of the game after the blocked punt . And it is a trend we see week in week out . I think the reason no one rates the Redskins/Cowboys rivaly any more is nothing to do with the players but the fans . We don't have any . Every year you watch the NFCE home games at FedEX and it is a sea of green or blue or silver . And we have had success in the recent past . It is not like we are 1-7 . Our fans who attend the games are the worst in the NFL .

The question was raised in the coverage given the sucsess of the Chargers/Saints and the Dolphins/Giants game who would they like to see in the UK in 2009 .

I say the Redskins . At least then they might know what it is like to have a "home" crowd behind them .

Sorry man, I know you would like to see our guys over the pond, but I would NEVER want them to go over there during the regular season. Maybe preseason but not regular. Besides, do you know how much it costs for season tickets here? I mean this in a good fun way but I just looked at our tickets and we only have 3 remaining home games and there never seems to be enough to satisfy our needs. I dunno, maybe i'm grumpy because of the loss.

i agree with the op, you guys do not deserve your team with such a pitiful display of support as that, at least in the uk they would have a proper 12th man

Get bent.

Its a 90,000 seat stadium. What do you want them to do?

Armed guards at the gates filtering out any non Skins fans??

Don't you have a soccer game to riot at?

there has been no trouble in our stadiums for a decade or more but my point is that you now have no right to consider your fan base elite after that showing, i got up at 2 am to watch the game, we got beat by a better team (it happens) but to see our home support totally dominated by the steelers(jesus, their team was even encouraging their fans to get louder on 3rd downs) was just embarrassing, there is no trouble in our stadiums any more but we would not allow ourselves to be so embarrassed by the away following

there has been no trouble in our stadiums for a decade or more but my point is that you now have no right to consider your fan base elite after that showing, i got up at 2 am to watch the game, we got beat by a better team (it happens) but to see our home support totally dominated by the steelers(jesus, their team was even encouraging their fans to get louder on 3rd downs) was just embarrassing, there is no trouble in our stadiums any more but we would not allow ourselves to be so embarrassed by the away following

Quoted for truth. That was flat out embarassing terrible towels EVERYWHERE! I bet you Stub Hub made a nice killing off of the re-sale of tickets last week or 2.

Quoted for truth. That was flat out embarassing terrible towels EVERYWHERE! I bet you Stub Hub made a nice killing off of the re-sale of tickets last week or 2.

I wouldn't think much of the fact there were a lot of Steeler fans. They travel as well as any fans in the league and are everywhere. When the Steelers came to Dallas in 2004, the place was littered with terrible towels. If they show up in a huge mass in Dallas, then it's not surprising they were out in full force in a city much closer.

I mean, hell, we even have a Buffalo Wild Wings here that is packed with Steeler fans every Sunday, with their ugly towels.

Oh, and without getting in to the rights and wrongs off this, (we've done this to death already this year, and I sway on not having my team travel overseas, even though it would benefit me personally), the NFL has committed to at least the next 3 years for an overseas game. Probably London, maybe's Germany. The mighty $ rules all.

Love it or hate it, the money the League's making out of the London game every year, it's here to stay. Hell, there's even muted talk from the League about eventually taking the Super Bowl overseas, but that's a whole other can of worms.

Hail.

I heard mention on Sky Sports (they show NFL live games in the UK) that Murrayfield, Edinburgh is a possible shot too; it would sell out no problem with a guaranteed crowd of about 70,000. I would love to have the 'skins here and fully understand why home town fans dont want it to happen but as Gibbs Hog Heaven says, if some NFL accountant somewhwere is doing some sums right now and says do you realise the Redskins V 'whoever' in London/Berlin/Edinburgh etc will accrue $$$$$ figures in merchandise & TV, then it will happen. Fans dont count at that point.

I was watching the Redskins game on Channel 5 last night t 4-30am in the morning and the team looked tired and flat hurting for their bye week . But there was something that bothered me .

I was impressed with some aspects and disappointed with others, I thought the players made a game of it but the Steelers D was as billed .

The thing that pissed me off the most is the "FANS" . They were out of the game after the blocked punt . And it is a trend we see week in week out . I think the reason no one rates the Redskins/Cowboys rivaly any more is nothing to do with the players but the fans . We don't have any . Every year you watch the NFCE home games at FedEX and it is a sea of green or blue or silver . And we have had success in the recent past . It is not like we are 1-7 . Our fans who attend the games are the worst in the NFL .

The question was raised in the coverage given the sucsess of the Chargers/Saints and the Dolphins/Giants game who would they like to see in the UK in 2009 .

I say the Redskins . At least then they might know what it is like to have a "home" crowd behind them .

I'm all for it if that means that my season ticket money also pays for my flight/hotel/food to said game. Otherwise..... HELL NO!

Archived