Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Pitt offensive coordinator thinks cooley can't block

MTechnik

from a JLC mention in the Breaking News section here - http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?t=268787:

It's [tight end Heath] Miller's own fault. If he weren't so good at blocking, or so willing, he would likely be Tony Gonzalez or Antonio Gates, or even Chris Cooley -- he just would not have been drafted by the Steelers.

"Heath Miller could be whoever he wanted to be if he were a tight end in their offense," Bruce Arians, the Steelers' offensive coordinator, said of the Redskins. "He could be all those guys, because those guys can't block. He can block."

Yeah, what? Cooley can't block? I only hear Brian Baldinger singing his praises almost weekly when he breaks tape down.

Bring it Chris, show 'em who's da boss.

Well, Cooley isn't the greatest blocking TE in the world, but he's not the worst either. Often times Cooley's numbers would go down because he was pulled in to help block.

And in certain regard, Pitt's O coordinator is slamming the rest of the team since they have to keep Miller in to block now.

Stupid ****! I can't wait to be in that stadium tonight. I'm boiling right now. Cooley has taken the challenge of people saying that he is not "a good blocker", and he has proven game after game in '08 that he is not only better at run/pass blocking but he's well above average in his blocking technique.

Cooley has become even more of a complete TE this year. What ****ing DVD is this guy watching? He needs to study more b/c he's not doing his soft ass team any favors by giving the Skins bulletin board material.

The Steelers are soft [yep, I said it <----observe the screen name] and it's pissing me off that this ****y ass team thinks that this game is going to be a got' damn walk in the park. It seems like that's the attitude up there. I hope Cooley sees this coaches' comments b/c I'd be willing to bet that the "Quiet Assassin" will be pissed and ready to take these guys hearts out of their chests and stomp on 'em. **** the Steelers :rolleyes:

Time to punch people in the chops. Even if this article is b.s. or the comments aren't true, I still feel like the Steelers think that we're a joke. **** them and **** their ****y ass W&M coach too! Yes, I did say it and I don't give a ****. I hate the Steelers b/c they're just a shadow of what they used to be, but b/c their D is ranked (after playing the Texans, Ravens, Bengals, and Browns :rolleyes: ) everyone talks about how "tough" their D is.

They ain't tough, but their opponents allow the color on the helmet and jerseys to intimidate them b/c of their history. It's a bunch of horse ****! In the trenches, the Steelers are weak as hell. What, we're supposed to think that the game is won by the LB's and not the guys in the trenches? **** their LB's too. Rant over!:mad: I promise they're getting stomped tonight. I just feel it more than ever.

Stupid ****! I can't wait to be in that stadium tonight. I'm boiling right now. Cooley has taken the challenge of people saying that he is not "a good blocker", and he has proven game after game in '08 that he is not only better at run/pass blocking but he's well above average in his blocking technique.

Cooley has become even more of a complete TE this year. What ****ing DVD is this guy watching? He needs to study more b/c he's not doing his soft ass team any favors by giving the Skins bulletin board material.

The Steelers are soft [yep, I said it <----observe the screen name] and it's pissing me off that this ****y ass team thinks that this game is going to be a got' damn walk in the park. It seems like that's the attitude up there. I hope Cooley sees this coaches' comments b/c I'd be willing to bet that the "Quiet Assassin" will be pissed and ready to take these guys hearts out of their chests and stomp on 'em. **** the Steelers :rolleyes:

Time to punch people in the chops. Even if this article is b.s. or the comments aren't true, I still feel like the Steelers think that we're a joke. **** them and **** their ****y ass W&M coach too! Yes, I did say it and I don't give a ****. I hate the Steelers b/c they're just a shadow of what they used to be, but b/c their D is ranked (after playing the Texans, Ravens, Bengals, and Browns :rolleyes: ) everyone talks about how "tough" their D is.

They ain't tough, but their opponents allow the color on the helmet and jerseys to intimidate them b/c of their history. It's a bunch of horse ****! In the trenches, the Steelers are weak as hell. What, we're supposed to think that the game is won by the LB's and not the guys in the trenches? **** their LB's too. Rant over!:mad: I promise they're getting stomped tonight. I just feel it more than ever.

Feel better now? lol :cheers:

:steelersu:steelersu:steelersu:steelersu:steelersu:steelersu:steelersu

You know, at first glance, you could say that those comments are incidentally implying that Cooley can't block, and that its true point is to emphasize that Heath Miller can block.

But than you read this:

"Heath Miller could be whoever he wanted to be if he were a tight end in their offense," Bruce Arians, the Steelers' offensive coordinator, said of the Redskins. "He could be all those guys, because those guys can't block. He can block."

**** Pittsburgh. If Heath Miller can block so damn well, than why is Big Ben always on his big ass?

Miller is a first round draft choice. Yes, he IS that good. The story was not meant to tear down Cooley, it was to give Miller his "props" for doing more than what other TE's do. The Steeler offense has ALWAYS relied on the TE to block. This is nothing against the rest of the line.

LOL, dude, you got me amped. Id like to tailgate with this guy.

Yeah cause the steelers block for their qb so well....

and apparently pitts o-coord hasnt paid attention the past couple of seasons when tony gonzalez was pulled off of running routes to stay in to block when the line got hit with injuries. he did a good job there. now gates, not really a good blocker. but cooley and gonzo, when they need to, they are good at it.

maybe he should focus on getting his oline ready to block instead of allowing 5 sacks a game...

Just a little added incentive however , guys this team really doesn't need bulletin board material this is a huge game. If you can't get up for this game something is wrong.

When the schedule came out in April I do not believe anyone would have thought when it came time for this game it would mean something if anyone did you're kidding :)

Archived