Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why is everyone so down? We had 500 yards today

Ji

Wow. Some of you people need to get a clue. The Skins looked great today and you have the nerve to complain that they "only" put up 25 points? Insufferable: defined.

Looked great? 6 penalties in the first half alone is looking great to you? Beating the lowly Lions by a mere 8 points is looking great to you? How about mediocre. We aren't going to win playoff games like this.

Looked great? 6 penalties in the first half alone is looking great to you? Beating the lowly Lions by a mere 8 points is looking great to you? How about mediocre. We aren't going to win playoff games like this.

Your not going to beat playoff teams by scorring more points than them?

Do people realize that there are no easy games in the NFL . The perfect 16-0 season is as rare as the perfect 0-16 ( or equivalent) season . The only teams in the NFL that I am aware of who went win-less recently are the Cowboys (1960), The Buccaneers ( 1976) and the Colts (0-8-1) 1982.

The Lions will beat someone this season just like the Dolphins did last year . Yes we do have things to improve on but ****ing that we didn't blow the lions out on the road is just dumb .

btw..i was hoping that JC would throw an INT today instead of the usual fumble to take this weight of his chest. I dont like this streak/pressure because i think it just causes more conservatism by zorn and JC is probably really thinking about it. There is nothing wrong with being picked off once in a while trying to go deep. I think once he gets that first pick out of the way, he can relax more

One of the stupidest things I'd ever read when it was its own thread, one of the stupidest things I've ever read now that it's an individual post.

This team needs to score points and start to pick up yards in chunks

I love the fact this offense hogs the ball. But the yards are not translating into points yet

It is time for both to happen, big plays and points, 8 games into the season

8 games into a new system under a first time new head coach.

So here's what Zorn was talking about regarding points per 100 yards gained.

Eagles ---- 2527.7 yards gained. 194 points. .76 points per 100 yards.

Giants ---- 2652.3 yards gained. 191 points. .72 points per 100 yards.

Cowboys - 2924 yards gained.... 202 points. .69 points per 100 yards.

Redskins - 2914.4 yards gained.. 165 points. .56 points per 100 yards.

I remembered the Giants winning playoff games last year controling the clock and averaging 20 points a game on the road. They played with D just like we have been doing all year. Control the clock and play with D. D has only cost us one game this year and being stupid on O cost of the other. Yes we could have played better but we won the game. The Giants barely beat an 0-7 Bengals team at home but they won and everyone is calling them then best team in the NFL. Hell they only put up 16 on us. In professional sports, a win is a win no matter how it comes. If they beat us yesterday, its because they did what it took to do so.

We looked good on D, Santana was a monster, and the O looked good on drives, but your right, they need to finish and put 7 on the board. As long as the D can keep games close, I think we will be good because Zorn (unlike Gibbs) trust his QB to pass with the lead and finish games out when we have 4 and short instead of punting the ball and giving the other team a chance to win. The only problem I really had yesterday but was playing that damn PREVENT again. That needs to be thrown away and Torrence needs to be cut next year.

no one is down on the team, people are just scratching their heads over how we can rack up so much yardage and yet late in the game still look at the scoreboard and realise the other team, that have barely performed all game, can still get the win. It costs you at some point, the Rams game can hardly be ignored as a classic example: dont score, a couple of crazy plays and its an L not a W. The comparisons with the 3 yards and a cloud of dust style offense-defense comparisons dont hold water for me, we arent that kind of team.

Archived