Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why is everyone so down? We had 500 yards today

Ji

We are definitely banged up.

What kills me is,dumbass drive stopping, penalties!

But I will take the Win!

Im sorry but some of those penalties were as ticky tack as they get. The Landry block in the back, the Jansen facemask, and the Cooley "pushoff" were stupid calls.....that wouldnt be called in most NFL games.

we're down because we had to wait until the 3rd quarter to score a touchdown against one of the worst defenses in the league

a win is a win, but for this game to be as stessful as it was concerns me. great teams stomp on the lower tier teams (i.e. Titans against KC last week)

The Redskins are NOT a great team right now. They are a good team mostly playing well, but they are still learning their offense, they have a lot of injuries, and they are making mental errors with the penalties.

I think they'll get much more consistent on offense as the season continues and they get more comfortable. If they can get Springs, Los, and Smoot all healthy at the same time the defense will be smothering. Give it some time.

That is just an idiotic thing to say. Do you beating the Steelers by 3 can be equated to beating the Lions by 3?

Regardless its a definite possibility. The people around here are rediculous. I wouldn't put it past them to spit on a 3 point win over Pit should it turn out that way. I KNOW I should be happy. Some of you just turn my stomach though.

Getting yards are great, but it doesn't mean anything if you can't put up points on the board...the last 3 weeks, we dominated in terms of yards, but we only scored 17, 14, and 25

Also, those 3 teams are ranked well in the 20's in terms of total defense AND points given up

I know you guys are saying that we are making mistakes and having penalties and such, but it's 3 weeks in a row without much point production in the 1st halves and it hasn't been corrected YET

hopefully we don't make the same mistakes for the 4 week in a row

A wins a win!! We are 6-2, anyone on this board would have loved a 6-2 prediction at this point in the season 7 weeks ago. We get to host the Steelers @ FedEx on Monday Night Football next week before taking a week off to get ready to host all three of our divisional rivals at home. I think the team is doing great so far this season!! Go Skins!!

I'm happy. They took shots down the field, connected on some, missed on others.

JC is playing lights out, Portis is running like a mad man, and they were down by my count 3 defensive starters and 1 offensive starter.

If you told me before the season that the 'Skins would be 6-2 at the half way point, I would have taken it in a heart beat.

Yes, I was ready to throw my beer at my Vizio, but that would be a waste of my good homebrew! I kind of like Billick. I like him more than the ex-Dallas FB as a color analyst.

I remember past years on ES, when we would lose ALL of the close games? Remember the comparison between Gibbs I and Gibbs II, and how in Gibbs II we lost way too many close games?

WE ARE 6-2!

WE ARE IN GREAT SHAPE!

Now if we can win MNF against the Steelers, then get healthy during BYE week; we get the Cowboys and Giants at home, with a "trap" game in Seattle. We are posititoned for a great run.

Enjoy this run!

HTTR!

:cheers:

A wins a win!! We are 6-2, anyone on this board would have loved a 6-2 prediction at this point in the season 7 weeks ago. We get to host the Steelers @ FedEx on Monday Night Football next week before taking a week off to get ready to host all three of our divisional rivals at home. I think the team is doing great so far this season!! Go Skins!!

That's the problem with most of you fans. A win isn't just a win. You think play like this today is going to win in the playoffs? Who gives a flying **** if we make it to the playoffs only to get our asses kicked because we can't score or prevent stupid penalties. I want the big trophy bro, and I don't want to settle for a ****ing piece of **** T-shirt saying "WE MADE IT TO THE PLAYOFFS". You can settle for mediocrity, I chose not to.

This game was ****ing awful, and they should be embarrassed. They wouldn't be getting a day off if I were the coach. Win only by 8 points to the Lions at home when you double the amount of yards they put up? NOT GOING TO CUT IT.

I'm thankful for the win.

I would like to see some more plays of 10 or more yards. We need to be able to pick up large chunks of yards. We might have to come from way behind one day. We could have won the Giants game if we had any type of offense that was designed to score.

We need to stop the 4 yard routes. Keep running, but use play action to go deep a few more times. Plus, we need to exploit the middle of the field more.

I hear you. A lot of people are just frustrated because its so easy to see the potential for this team to be dominant. We move the ball at will it seems, until we get into the red zone. Really its the same problem we've had the last few years on offense, the difference being that this year, more often than not we're getting the one extra touchdown we need to get ahead. All those close games we lost last year, we're on the other side of this year. Thats progress, and we're only going to keep getting better.

I hear you. A lot of people are just frustrated because its so easy to see the potential for this team to be dominant. We move the ball at will it seems, until we get into the red zone. Really its the same problem we've had the last few years on offense, the difference being that this year, more often than not we're getting the one extra touchdown we need to get ahead. All those close games we lost last year, we're on the other side of this year. Thats progress, and we're only going to keep getting better.

couldnt of said it better myself. well i probably could of but whatever:silly:

btw..i was hoping that JC would throw an INT today instead of the usual fumble to take this weight of his chest. I dont like this streak/pressure because i think it just causes more conservatism by zorn and JC is probably really thinking about it. There is nothing wrong with being picked off once in a while trying to go deep. I think once he gets that first pick out of the way, he can relax more

Archived