Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Zorn needs a 2 pt chart

neilclarke

Going for the 2 pt conversion there could have bit us in the arse! You don't go for it in the 3rd quarter... If we kick the extra point, we're up by 9 and the game is over.... A win is a win but you have to know when to go for 2 and when to kick the extra point.... :point2sky

going for 2 is reserved for dire straits...must only be done when absolutely necessary and, without a doubt, late in the fourth quarter. i hate it when coaches chase points or attempt to become mathletes. take your xtra 1 pt and move on...

it's all good though...6-2 fits us nicely. :)

If you lack the competence to do simple math and be aware of the correct game time on a matter like this, you're not competent to make worthy comment on this topic. It's good to learn your limitations.

But... but... but... had we kicked the extra point and they would have had to score two TDs AND make the PATs. We know how common it is for those to be missed.

On a serious note, I'm not sure if it is a lck of math skills or logic skills that makes this difficult for people to understand. You don't go for two early in the game. 4th quarter with a chance to make it a 2 TD game? Easy decision.

If you lack the competence to do simple math and be aware of the correct game time on a matter like this, you're not competent to make worthy comment on this topic. It's good to learn your limitations.

Wow, pulling out the whooping stick today, Jumbo.

Agree, though, that was the right call to make at that time. Hindsight is 20/20.

I am not exactly sure that the play call was terrific, they tried it on the first drive and it didn't work. But converting it would have mean 2 TDs tie the game.

Extra point means 2 TDs win the game. any which way, TD and FG is meaningless. You can't assume 3 scores...

Going for the 2 point conversion IMO was the wrong decision. Our average so far in trying those this year are not good (but very good for opposing teams). It was 22-10 with 11 minutes left in the 4th quarter. If you don't believe we could of at LEAST kicked a FG with 11 minutes left (which we did) leaving the Lions having to score 2 TD's and a FG, then I don't know what else to say. If they we're successful in trying to make two 2 point conversions ending in a 26-26 tie, then OK. But at least it would be tied. Either way, I doubt they would have had time for 2 TDS and a FG.

I don't get what the issue was here. He chose to try and put the game completely away by going for 2 and putting us up by 2 TDs. Most of you whine and cry when we don't go for the jugular. Yet today when we do, you whine and cry that we actually did.

Hilarious.

Not really. It was 22-10.

They score a TD and its 22-17 or 23-17. No difference. You go for the two.

Even if we kick the extra point, its still a 2 TD game.

there is a difference. If they get a FG its 22-20 and then another one could beat you

Archived