Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is This The Blowout Game?

bulldog

Again, were the Rams an 0-4 team or one that was just lying down so the coach was eventually shown the door?

Funny, how the team responds to his departure by winning 2 in a row.

Funny how they still beat us, actually we beat ourselves because of turnovers, but the game never should have been close. we dominated every single facet of the game, and still lost. we played down to our opponent and let ourselves make stupid mistakes that kept them in the game. Until this team figures out how to step on teams throats early and finish them, most games will be close.

you learn how to win first, then take the next step to being more consistent.....and that produces a greater margin of victory.

teams that are developing an identity all go through these stages. the 1982 Redskins team played a LOT of close games until the three quarter mark of the season and then started to separate themselves.

Houston beat the Lions by 7 last week after being up by a lot more than that. How do you rate the Redskins skill players and overall team vs. the Texans?

Philly blew out the rams in philly we beat philly in philly the rams beat us in Landover. cant always go by other teams

The one reason I would prefer NOT to have a blowout is that there seems to be a tendency for a team to feel their oats after such a game. Unless you're a team as good as the Patriots were last year, seems like blowout games are invariably followed by letdowns. We can't afford that with Pittsburgh coming to town next Monday.

The one reason I would prefer NOT to have a blowout is that there seems to be a tendency for a team to feel their oats after such a game. Unless you're a team as good as the Patriots were last year, seems like blowout games are invariably followed by letdowns. We can't afford that with Pittsburgh coming to town next Monday.

having a convincing win going into a game against the Pittsburgh Steelers isnt going to have the same effect. I can understand if we were to destroy detroit then go to another team who has a losing record and get ****y. Instead we come home to play Pitt on Monday Night. Big difference there.

Didn't we all get ****y and think that we were going to blow out the Rams? Or beat them by at least a TD?

I'm not one of those posters that says "We need to focus on x, y, z," as I think it sounds silly to say "We need to do this" like I'm a coach or something...but these very fans on this board predicted a huge win against the Rams.

The Rams have more weapons on offense obviously, but it just goes to show we can't get that ****y against anyone. Detroit is a winless team, too.

for this team 28-10 is a blowout. especially if the same control of the line of scrimmage and time of possession we have seen in previous games holds here while the passing game picks up.

one of the reasons I think the breakout may come this week is the opposing quarterback. We are not facing Manning, Brees, Warner, Romo sits to pee, McNabb or even Marc Bulger.

for the first time this season the Redskins are facing a very average player at quarterback and that makes a LOT of things possible on defense.

I think Zorn wanted to stem the tide after the Rams game by going back to basics and get back in the win column. That accomplished, I see the pressure abating a bit and Zorn going back to his season's project of getting this pass offense playoff worthy :)

for this team 28-10 is a blowout. especially if the same control of the line of scrimmage and time of possession we have seen in previous games holds here while the passing game picks up.

one of the reasons I think the breakout may come this week is the opposing quarterback. We are not facing Manning, Brees, Warner, Romo sits to pee, McNabb or even Marc Bulger.

for the first time this season the Redskins are facing a very average player at quarterback and that makes a LOT of things possible on defense.

I don't know. League sources have said that the Lions have been working with Orlovsky on his back of the end zone presence, so I don't think any more gimme safeties are coming.

:D

Seriously, Bulldog, have you ever thought about making a professional blog?

I have thought for a long time that bulldog is one of the very highest quality consistent football analyst/posters on the site. Now if only he wasn't always getting banned. ;)

(kidding)

if Blache can confuse Romo sits to pee and McNabb he can confuse Orlovsky :)

you have to like the matchup with this defense. who would have thought Rogers and McIntosh would be playing this well this quickly after returning? that London Fletcher would be having perhaps his best season? that after the opener the Redskins would be this solid against the run?

Archived