Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is This The Blowout Game?

bulldog

Well, the Skins blew out the Lions last year 34-3, and they did it mostly passing the ball. That game was probably Campbell's best of the season.

Granted, that game was at FedEx, but at the time the Lions still had Shaun Rodgers and Roy Williams and were 3-1.

I think Bulldog is right that Zorn will try to revive the passing game against the Lions, and will rest Portis as much as possible. The Lions' defense is just terrible, especially without Rodgers. I think Zorn will come out throwing and try to get that same rythem going he did against Philly and Dallas. I also expect to see him try to get the 3 rookie receivers more involved. If the Skins can go up by a couple of TDs, we'll see more of Alexander, who is fresh and will have a week of practice under his belt.

I don't expect a huge blow out, but I do think the Skins will win by at least 2 TDs. The Lions have already given up on this season.

We do not blow out teams. We keep the game close all the time. That is the cool thing to do!
Except the Detroit Lions last season. 34 - 3.

If Andre Carter has the type of game he had against them last year then I expect a blow out. He basically dominated Jeff Backus to embarrassment. I hope Andre is licking his chops for this game.

I guess I'm a little superstitious, but I never like to talk about "blowouts" before a game. I learned early on to never think like that as an athlete and get pissed at players on teams I coach who ever go into a game with that attitude. I know I'm not the one on the field this Sunday, but even as a fan I don't like to think like that.

Media critics have been waiting for the Redskins to separate from an otherwise average team on the schedule and dominate for 60 minutes.

While the close games against the Rams and Browns might point to a lower scoring contest with the Lions covering the point spread, I wonder if in fact this is the week the Redskins do close the door.....................

Why?

Here is your answer. The Rams and Browns were/are not weak teams. Don't compare the Rams/Browns with the Lions. The Browns beat the Giants by 21 points. The Rams beat the Cowboys by 20 points.

The more I think about this game, the more it looks like a Redskin blowout. After their loss to the Rams, the Redskins should not take the Lions lightly. With the Redskins defense and Running game, the Redskins should have close to 40 minutes time of posession. I don't see any possible way the Redskins lose this game. The season is over for the Lions, they are building for their future. They have a new GM and traded their best WR to the Cowboys for draft picks.

However....

Lions 20

Redskins 16

Archived