Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How would you rate our 2008 draft

Backpack3r

I really don't want to call Devin Thomas a bust yet. I just want him on the damn field.

We're rebuilding. If he gets on the field and plays like crap for 2 months, great, we know for sure what we have in him. But if he can play consistently like he did against New Orleans and Denver last year, then we have something. But sitting on the bench shows nothing.

But looking back, this draft was really sad.

the draft is an F.

the Redskins took THREE receivers in consecutive picks on a team that had an aging OL and DL with little depth.

and two of those receivers are so poor they really can't be counted on as any type of contributor at the position.

it's nice to see Thomas contribute on special teams, but that is NOT why you take a player #34 overall :)

let's be honest. he is a bust.

C-

Fred Davis and Devin Thomas still have a chance to contribute, but honestly have not done much. Horton was a flash. Malcolm Kelly was a horrible pick and anyone who defends it is snorting cocaine and smoking meth.

Wouldn't it be great if for just once we had all our picks. Like every round. Ah....one can only dream.

2008 we had all our picks, thanks to Gibbs. Then the idiot Vinny started trading them away as usual.....

Agree with you about the rest... I'm still hoping Horton gets better too..... but the 2008 draft wasn't anything to be proud of overall.

the draft is an F.

the Redskins took THREE receivers in consecutive picks on a team that had an aging OL and DL with little depth.

and two of those receivers are so poor they really can't be counted on as any type of contributor at the position.

it's nice to see Thomas contribute on special teams, but that is NOT why you take a player #34 overall :)

let's be honest. he is a bust.

bbb....but...it takes 3 years for recievers to develop in this league.

• 1 year later...
Didn't we trade away our 2nd rounder in 2011 for McNabb? If we still have a 2nd rounder next year I may actually have some faith in us being able to build a team the right way.

It was for the 2010 2nd rounder, not 2011

---------- Post added November-15th-2011 at 04:49 PM ----------

2008 we had all our picks, thanks to Gibbs. Then the idiot Vinny started trading them away as usual.....

Agree with you about the rest... I'm still hoping Horton gets better too..... but the 2008 draft wasn't anything to be proud of overall.

Gibbs though traded a ton of picks during his tenure.

This is why it's going to take a while to build our team.

Devin Thomas - lost his KR job, may get cut

Malcomb Kelly - Out of the NFL

Fred Davis - BEAST

Chad Rinehart - Pressed into BUF service after a player went down

Justin Tryon - backup CB for the giants

Durant brooks - Out of the NFL

Colt Brennan - :rotflmao:

Rob Jackson - backup LB

Chris Horton - Out of the NFL

great job Vinny and Dan :thumbs up:

This is why it's going to take a while to build our team.

Devin Thomas - lost his KR job, may get cut

Malcomb Kelly - Out of the NFL

Fred Davis - BEAST

Chad Rinehart - Pressed into BUF service after a player went down

Justin Tryon - backup CB for the giants

Durant brooks - Out of the NFL

Colt Brennan - :rotflmao:

Rob Jackson - backup LB

Chris Horton - Out of the NFL

great job Vinny and Dan :thumbs up:

This is how stupid Dan Snyder is. Vinny was available to 32 teams in 1999. He was peddling to all of the teams he could after being jettisoned by the 9ers. I think his shtick involved being a part of the 9ers success, and he also showcased his infamous giant book of players (FAs, college, everyone) and rating scale. This is what I've heard/read anyway.

Only one team/person wanted him. The Redskins under Snyder.

Schottenheimer came to the team in 2001, demanded complete control, and booted Vinny. Again Vinny was available to 32 teams. Again he went peddling. NO ONE was interested. When Snyder fired Marty, who did he re-hire? Vinny.

Snyder needs to stick with "NOT-Vinny" as his GM. Anyone but Vinny, needs a chance to succeed at this point, which includes unearthing all of the nonsense that Vinny has placed here - not just actual players but the mentality that has pervaded that locker room for years. The Redskins have to stop being a place "just to get paid." It's started to happen, but it's a process.

My biggest fear is Snyder will again lose patience, and will again sink this team into the pits with his stupidity.

With the release of Moore, barring him getting claimed off waivers, that makes 13 players out of the 21 that Vinny drafted over a three year period that are now out of the league.

THIRTEEN. Out of 21!

And some people wonder why we stink this year. Way too many holes to fill.

With the release of Moore, barring him getting claimed off waivers, that makes 13 players out of the 21 that Vinny drafted over a three year period that are now out of the league.

THIRTEEN. Out of 21!

And people are so quick to blame Shanahan for how bad we are this season. This stat says it all.......it really is going to take 5 years to rebuild.

I know many fans think the same, but I KNOW I could draft better than Vinny! How in the hell did this guy even have a job?????

yeah that '08 draft pretty much ruined us. We had 9 selections and out of that 9 only 2 is left on the roster (Freddy and Rob Jackson)... 2 out of the remaining 7 are currently on an NFL roster (Reinhart and D. Thomas).

yeah that '08 draft pretty much ruined us. We had 9 selections and out of that 9 only 2 is left on the roster (Freddy and Rob Jackson)... 2 out of the remaining 7 are currently on an NFL roster (Reinhart and D. Thomas).

We took Thomas over Forte, Ray Rice, DeSean Jackson...and of course we drafted Colt Brennan, period.

Archived