Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How would you rate our 2008 draft

Backpack3r

Id probably rate it a D or a D- overall

Besides Horton, the other rookies just havent stepped up or produced, or even given an opportunity. Its funny cause we wanted to have the draft as our focal point last offseason, but it seems like we really messed up in the earlier rounds, so far atleast

you're grading the draft now?

Heck, might as well graded it in the preseason.

what grade would you have given our 2005 draft?

Probably an D right b/c Campbell didn't play and Rogers looked bust-worthy, but everybody had mancrushes on McCune.

what about in 2008.....now it looks like great moves since Carlos looks like a #1 and a better pick than fellow top CBs Antrell Rolle and Pacman Jones and Campbell has done great this season.

Let's come back to this in 2011 when we know whether the following occurs:

Rinehart is a starter

Thomas is a starter

Kelly plays

Brennan is our #2

Tryon becomes a solid corner

Horton is still a starter

Okay but im asking you to rate it now, not in a few years, most likely this topic wont be around then

There is no point in rating it now. That's the problem. That's like a teacher grading a test based only on the first question.

There is no point in rating it now. That's the problem. That's like a teacher grading a test based only on the first question.

Well they were having the discussion on the radio about how the rookies need to step up, adn they havent. They were also grading our draft class

Its too early to tell how they will pan out, but i asked how would you grade them NOW. As in present terms

Its too early to tell how they will pan out, but i asked how would you grade them NOW. As in present terms

If you really need some grades for 7 weeks just to have grades:doh:

Thomas- Incomplete

Rinehart- Incomplete

Kelly- Incomplete

Tryon- Incomplete

Brennan- Incomplete

Brooks- D+, inconsistant defeated Frost (thamk you Durrant!!!!) to win the job but then couldn't produce. Injured. Nerves got him. I expect him to be a really good punter in a few years and probably play for the Cowboys or Eagles.

Moore- B; made the team despite injuries, has made some good special teams plays and is a depth guy.

Jackson- B/Incomplete; made the team despite having 4 DEs ahead of him has provided some depth.

Horton- A+; starter and STer, playing great but still has work to improve on. Possible ROTY candidate.

Go away with this bull****.

you can't judge a draft 7 games into the year, especially when only 4 out of the 10 picks have seen any real time.

I think that's the real question. You certainly can rate a draft class when they were expected to have an immediate impact on the team. The higher pics have not.

the Redskins have a veteran-laden team. there were few spots to compete for time on the regular offense and defense.

the two spots that were open at punter and wide receiver our picks didn't step up to the plate from the get-go, but I will bet that either Thomas or Kelly becomes a regular receiver for the Redskins down the road.

who can look at Santana's first year with the Jets and say they knew he was going to be a playmaker at WR? he appeared small and seemed destined to be a Reggie Bush-type return man and tweener on offense.

Chad Rinehart may still turn out to be a major contributor here. The problem? A veteran OL with better depth because of all the injuries in 2007. How many rookies start on the OL for a team coming off a playoff season?

Horton and Moore look like keepers.

Davis may be the closest of the offensive rookies to make his mark, in 2008.

Right now I would say the disappointments were Durant Brooks and JT Tryon.

Neither player looks like they belong at this level of competition.

I think that's the real question. You certainly can rate a draft class when they were expected to have an immediate impact on the team. The higher pics have not.

Thank you. Guess no one understood the question......Does it seem at this point that those high draft picks in succession were worth it? I mean we had a huge opportunity in the 2nd round to grab some positions that we needed, I had no problem with getting a wideout, they just need to step up

I don't see it that way.

People are spoiled by Sean Taylor and LaRon Landry's immediate success.

Taking players in the second round often means working with a talented but raw player to refine his skills and work his way into the NFL as a starter over time.

A lot of #2 picks don't become starters until their second or third seasons.

Thank you. Guess no one understood the question......Does it seem at this point that those high draft picks in succession were worth it? I mean we had a huge opportunity in the 2nd round to grab some positions that we needed, I had no problem with getting a wideout, they just need to step up

People understood your question. Most just thought it was stupid.

I dont see how its stupid though, seems like a legitimate question...Maybe thats just your defense for not understanding the question

It's not a legitimate question yet because it's too fricken early to grade the draft. Take a look at about 100 players drafted in each round and you'll find that there is no rule how the players turn out. Some start great, some start slowly and become studs, some start out great and fade or have injury issues, some start out slowly and bust. It's just too fricken early.

But if you must have a grade I give it an A. We are 5-2 after playing the toughest part of our schedule and we've had plenty of injuries. Our depth has never been better since Gibbs 1.0.

Archived