Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moss for Gonzalez?

IbleedBnG83

http://www.nypost.com/seven/10142008/sports/giants/jacobs_has_to_tiptoe_in_defeat_133502.htm

Despite having a breakout game last week with the first two touchdown catches of his career, WR Sinorice Moss was inactive, but rookie WR Mario Manningham was in uniform. Was Moss inactive because a trade is in the works? The deadline is today at 4 p.m. . . . Rumors persist that the Giants are one of the teams most interested in trading for Chiefs TE Tony Gonzalez. The Giants have reportedly offered a sixth-round pick; the Chiefs are asking for a No. 2 and No. 4.

As and Eagles fan, i'd give up a 3 no problem(just because we have 2 1's next year), but a 2 and a 4 is insane for a 32 year old TE.

Matt McCoy 2nd round

Sean Considine 4th round

Just saying...

Gonzo still has some game in him, and for an Andy Reid team that throws the ball two times out of every set of downs, I think he would be a great fit.

Does he get you to the Superbowl? No. But he probably gets you to the paloffs.

Besides, it isn't going to be a 2nd and a 4th. It'll probably be a third, which the Eagles should give up (even if it means egg on their face for the franchise tag of LJ) They have a ton of cap room to pay Gonzalez with this year.

Matt McCoy 2nd round

Sean Considine 4th round

Or, Desean Jackson and Todd Herremans.

Missed past draft picks do not change the objective value of a future draft pick.

For instance, had the Redskins kept their second round pick this year, the goal would be to not draft another version of Taylor Jacobs.

Or, Desean Jackson and Todd Herremans.

Herremans has proven serviceable. Jackson has a lot to prove in many people's view. Those players do not have the impact Gonzalez would have on the team. Maybe Jackson, but he's a rookie and still can't run the routes Andy wants him to yet. Hasn't proven to be durable yet as well. But that's not my point.

You guess on draft picks. With FA, barring injury, you know what you have.

Hey, I hope the Eagles stay away from him, because he makes the team much more competitive.

But the eagles talent evaluation is suspect as of late, what with trying to fit square pegs into round holes. DT to FB, RB to FB, DE to LB, last year's punt return situation.

Maybe a 2nd and 4th is too much, like I said, but with the Eagles and the TE situation...I think you owe it to the team to consider it. It's not like Brent Celek is even remotely ready for the job full time.

Maybe a 2nd and 4th is too much, like I said, but with the Eagles and the TE situation...I think you owe it to the team to consider it. It's not like Brent Celek is even remotely ready for the job full time.

I considered it and would be happy to have him, but unfortunately AR is not taking my calls.

Chiefs to keep Gonzalez, other vets

By Jason Cole

ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. – Kansas City Chiefs president Carl Peterson gave every indication that his team will not be making a deal in the final hours before the NFL trade deadline of 4 p.m. ET, Tuesday.

"No, nada, nothing, zero," Peterson said, from the fall owners meetings, when asked if he had any possible deals for some of his high-priced veterans. TE Tony Gonzalez, RB Larry Johnson and CB Patrick Surtain have all been rumored to be on the trading block for the Chiefs, who are in rebuilding mode.

Herremans has proven serviceable. Jackson has a lot to prove in many people's view. Those players do not have the impact Gonzalez would have on the team. Maybe Jackson, but he's a rookie and still can't run the routes Andy wants him to yet. Hasn't proven to be durable yet as well. But that's not my point.

You guess on draft picks. With FA, barring injury, you know what you have.

Hey, I hope the Eagles stay away from him, because he makes the team much more competitive.

But the eagles talent evaluation is suspect as of late, what with trying to fit square pegs into round holes. DT to FB, RB to FB, DE to LB, last year's punt return situation.

Questions of the Eagles' talent evaluation have nothing to do with the value of a 2nd and 4th round pick. That's my point.

Draft picks have value, even when the player drafted is a failure, because of the potential they present. The upside of Tony Gonzalez is that we add a great 34 year old to a team that isn't good enough to contend for anything that matters regardless of who is playing tight end.

A 2nd and 4th rounder would be a miserable trade for this team.

While I realize that more than anything in the world you aspire to cast doubt on every decision ever made, or that ever will be made, by the Philadelphia Eagles, let's be real about the two players I mentioned. Todd Herremans has been a starter for three years and is currently playing the best football of his career. He's also a valuable backup at LT, the second most important position on a football team. Desean Jacksons' productivity speaks for itself. He's a great football player, the best we've drafted at any position since Brian Westbrook, and the best player drafted by any team in the NFC East this year. Be real.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/10142008/sports/giants/jacobs_has_to_tiptoe_in_defeat_133502.htm

Despite having a breakout game last week with the first two touchdown catches of his career, WR Sinorice Moss was inactive, but rookie WR Mario Manningham was in uniform. Was Moss inactive because a trade is in the works? The deadline is today at 4 p.m. . . . Rumors persist that the Giants are one of the teams most interested in trading for Chiefs TE Tony Gonzalez. The Giants have reportedly offered a sixth-round pick; the Chiefs are asking for a No. 2 and No. 4.

No way the Giants give up a 2nd and 4th for him. He's past his prime.

While I realize that more than anything in the world you aspire to cast doubt on every decision ever made, or that ever will be made, by the Philadelphia Eagles

Yes, my hate for the Eagles is well known, but it seems that Mort was dialed into the Eagles inquiring about Gonzalez, so it was a rumor, but Mort usually gets good information.

And relax, I never said he was worth a 2nd and a 4th, just that he was a good fit, and they should explore it.

As for the Eagles talent evaluation: it went down when Banner and the now elevated Howie Roseman got involved in the mix. Pencil pushers should not be involved in player evaluation. Period. They are placating Reid and his efforts to force fit players into his system.

No real FB? No problem, just use this RB or better yet a DT.

No punt returner going into the season? Lets give Greg Lewis a shot.

LB? Nahh, I like this undersized DE out of a small school. Good motor, lol.

Wait, I finally got a possibility at Strong side LB. Nahhh. Lets stick him in the middle, because... well, just because. [ahem]And we don't really have anyone else[ahem]

Yes, my hate for the Eagles is well known, but it seems that Mort was dialed into the Eagles inquiring about Gonzalez, so it was a rumor, but Mort usually gets good information.

And relax, I never said he was worth a 2nd and a 4th, just that he was a good fit, and they should explore it.

As for the Eagles talent evaluation: it went down when Banner and the now elevated Howie Roseman got involved in the mix. Pencil pushers should not be involved in player evaluation. Period. They are placating Reid and his efforts to force fit players into his system.

No real FB? No problem, just use this RB or better yet a DT.

No punt returner going into the season? Lets give Greg Lewis a shot.

LB? Nahh, I like this undersized DE out of a small school. Good motor, lol.

Wait, I finally got a possibility at Strong side LB. Nahhh. Lets stick him in the middle, because... well, just because. [ahem]And we don't really have anyone else[ahem]

You should have noticed by now that I've yet to argue that the Eagles are a good team or that the Eagles current front office is good at its job. Frankly, we have a second-rate roster and there's no reason to believe that we'll be better than that in the next five years. I watch games on Sundays now the way Red Sox fans watch Pawtucket. We are irrelevant, no other way to look at it.

All I said was that trading for Tony Gonzalez would be a waste of draft picks since, with or without him, we will be a .500 team or worse.

I love how much you revel in the dysfunction and inferiority of the Eagles front office while rooting for the Washington Redskins. It's a nice lesson in how incapable fans are of having any real perspective, even intelligent fans like yourself.

I love how much you revel in the dysfunction and inferiority of the Eagles front office while rooting for the Washington Redskins. It's a nice lesson in how incapable fans are of having any real perspective, even intelligent fans like yourself.

I have no choice in owners or front office, and I have been pretty clear that I think some of the moves in the last few years have been hhorrible. Archuletta, Lloyd, Pierce, Dockery, overpaying for Randel-el. So I know the skins have problems.

But when the Eagles have problems, or the Cowboys or Giants flail, it makes me happy. It is possible for both teams to have problems, just different problems.

I have no choice in owners or front office, and I have been pretty clear that I think some of the moves in the last few years have been hhorrible. Archuletta, Lloyd, Pierce, Dockery, overpaying for Randel-el. So I know the skins have problems.

But when the Eagles have problems, or the Cowboys or Giants flail, it makes me happy. It is possible for both teams to have problems, just different problems.

Like most franchises, they have made good choices as well as bad. I think the overall good is outweighing the bad right now. The same can be said about the other teams in our div for the most part. They are not the Lions of today or the Bungles of the 90s, after all.

Archived