Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A Giant Example

Aluadan

I think it's safe to say that people can calm down now after seeing the Giants get handled by the 1-3 (now 2-3) Browns. This was yet another example of how a better team can get beat by a lesser team due to turnovers. It looked quite similar to our problems on Sunday, turn the ball over multiple times, have 1 returned for a TD and you're just digging your own grave.

Are the Giants a bad team? Of course not, in the same way that the Skins are not a bad team now. **** happens, you have a bad game every now and then, get over it, move on.

The one thing you can take away from everything that happened this weekend, even with all the problems the Skins had, they still nearly pulled it off in the end. They are a very good team and people need to stop going insane when 1 game doesn't go how you would expect it.

**** man this was the game i was afraid of, not the rams and we still lost to them. if we lose next week we will be in a tailspin

Calm down. Have these last three weeks of football taught you nothing? The Redskins beat what was arguably the best team in football at the time (Cowboys), and lost to the worst team in football (Rams). In one game, we turned the ball over, and in the other we did not.

The Redskins can beat anybody in this league right now as long as they take care of their own business and play mistake-free football. Same goes for the Cowboys and Giants.

And you know what, if we could have beat the ****ing rams, we would be in first place right now. Man that sucks.

Yup. REAL frustrating weekend after our self inflicted defeat, coupled with the Arizona and Cleveland wins. But we've lost no ground, that's the key this week. The Cowboys lost an NFC game too. Were in prime position in the East, given our divisional record and everyone still to come to our house.

Frustrating Week 6, but far from a totally lost one.

Hail.

I think it's safe to say that people can calm down now after seeing the Giants get handled by the 1-3 (now 2-3) Browns. This was yet another example of how a better team can get beat by a lesser team due to turnovers. It looked quite similar to our problems on Sunday, turn the ball over multiple times, have 1 returned for a TD and you're just digging your own grave.

Are the Giants a bad team? Of course not, in the same way that the Skins are not a bad team now. **** happens, you have a bad game every now and then, get over it, move on.

The one thing you can take away from everything that happened this weekend, even with all the problems the Skins had, they still nearly pulled it off in the end. They are a very good team and people need to stop going insane when 1 game doesn't go how you would expect it.

I agree that the Giants are the better team, but the Browns are better than their record. :2cents:

**** man this was the game i was afraid of, not the rams and we still lost to them. if we lose next week we will be in a tailspin

Last week, looking at our next three games, I thought the same thing you did, that the Browns, not the Rams, were who we would struggle most with. I thought we'd beat the Rams, but not by much.

Calm down. Have these last three weeks of football taught you nothing? The Redskins beat what was arguably the best team in football at the time (Cowboys), and lost to the worst team in football (Rams). In one game, we turned the ball over, and in the other we did not.

The Redskins can beat anybody in this league right now as long as they take care of their own business and play mistake-free football. Same goes for the Cowboys and Giants.

Anybody in the NFL can beat us if we dont play good ball, take nothing for granted. The Browns game will be a hard game to win.

Yup. REAL frustrating weekend after our self inflicted defeat, coupled with the Arizona and Cleveland wins. But we've lost no ground, that's the key this week. The Cowboys lost an NFC game too. Were in prime position in the East, given our divisional record and everyone still to come to our house.

Frustrating Week 6, but far from a totally lost one.

Hail.

:cheers: Thank God.

What it tells me is that instead of everyone singing our praises, we are just another team.

As of right now, you are 100% correct. The only thing we've proven is we can win when we play mistake free football, along with 31 other NFL teams.

Anybody in the NFL can beat us if we dont play good ball, take nothing for granted. The Browns game will be a hard game to win.

Well, yeah, it does go both ways. LOL. Just trying to put a positive spin on things, as is my prerogative as a fan.

What it tells me is that instead of everyone singing our praises, we are just another team.

And quite frankly....that is just where I want to be.

Media hype just gets you in trouble.

Look at the Cowboys.

I dont want that black cloud.

Let them tout the Titans forever now.

Skins can just quietly keep winning from here and no one talk about them and it would be fine with me.

Basically the Browns matched up VERY well against the Giants at home.

Huge OL ---Giants main strength is Pass rush not secondary

We have a better secondary and should be able to get coverage wins.

Only time will tell.

This is a good team with all the tools. Its just whether or not they are ready to go to the next level.

Thats it.

We can play like crap and go down a spiral....or we can learn that we need to be aggressive and play mistake free football and win.

I dont know which one will happen. I am obviously hoping for the later, but I dont count on either as a Skins fan.

One thing I know is I was dead wrong about Campbell after that first game.

I thought he was done. He is 10 times the QB that half of them are. Poised, good arm and smart....I cant ask for anything else.

The Skins need to bring their A game EVERY game. Its not easy to win in the NFL.

At least you see the coaching staff adjusting though.

Brooks has bad punts...they are bringing in others.

How long was Frost crappy?

Betts is injured...they are signing Alexander.

Honestly...since that 1100 yards, what have you seen from Betts?

This team needs to win and wants it bad.

I cant really ask for anything else.

Best team I have seen the Skins have in quite some time.

There have been questions here and there for a while with this team for years.

What is the gaping hole this year?

Best RB in the league.

QB making solid decisions who throws accurately.

WRs who can and will make things happen (and Cooley)

Solid OL that is protecting Campbell long enough.

Defense that has shown a solid effort against top flight teams.

Special Teams (other than Suisham) is our biggest hole.

Cartwright and Randle El simply are not cutting it.

Brooks is disgustingly sporatic.

We can shore this up though.

Put Devin Thomas or Fred Davis on KR/PR if we are not going to use them in the offense.

At least we are addressing the punter. Frost wasnt the answer for those who want him back.

Basically the Browns matched up VERY well against the Giants at home.

Huge OL ---Giants main strength is Pass rush not secondary

We have a better secondary and should be able to get coverage wins.

My point was simply that turnovers pretty much trump everything else. The Cowboys did it, the Giants did it and the Redskins did it, no team is immune and all 3 lost.

If all three teams had won this weekend, I would not feel that much better about our prospects than I do now.

Except that we are now tied with 4 other teams for the last wild card spot instead of leading our division if we had won our game against the worst team in the NFL.

I emailed a Giants' fan yesterday to tell him that I screwed up by not starting Phillip Rivers in my fantasy team ( I was playing him in FF this week). He was up 112 to 77 at that point and I had Braylon Edwards and Brandon Jacobs going. He wrote back: "I bet the Redskins wished they had started Rivers". An obviouse jab at Campbell. I just responded with a good luck on the game.

You can't imagine my joy when the game ended last night and I got up this morning and checked the Fantasy Football matchup. I won 115-112 and Jason Campbell is TONS better than Eli right now. :D

Except that we are now tied with 4 other teams for the last wild card spot instead of leading our division if we had won our game against the worst team in the NFL.

Very Good Post!!!

What makes it worse for me is that Rams was the worst NFC team in the NFL.

I know this a premature, but I don’t want the ‘Skins having to pray for 4 other teams to screw up to get a wildcard spot because they didn’t take care of business earlier in the season.

actually that's not true.

the first tiebreaker is head to head matchups and the Giants beat us. Thus they would be above us in the standings.

Except for the fact that 5-1 will beat 4-1 every time. 4 of 5 Participating NFL officials also agree. (The 5th official is looking for a replay of the NYG Bye to see if they can count that as a win)

Archived