Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

This loss will end up being a good thing.

GRiggs

So we lost to the Rams, or to ourselves. Perhaps all the talk about our superb ball security placed undue pressure on our offense. It takes the Redskins coughing up the ball for them to lose. That's it. They'll take the lesson (learned the hard way) and bounce back knowing that other teams can't beat them straight up without getting help from turnovers. We showed that we can march down the field and score when needed. Blache won't leave Torrence on an island anymore either. We'll be fine next week, 6-2 into the bye aint bad.

So we lost to the Rams, or to ourselves. Perhaps all the talk about our superb ball security placed undue pressure on our offense. It takes the Redskins coughing up the ball for them to lose. That's it. They'll take the lesson (learned the hard way) and bounce back knowing that other teams can't beat them straight up without getting help from turnovers. We showed that we can march down the field and score when needed. Blache won't leave Torrence on an island anymore either. We'll be fine next week, 6-2 into the bye aint bad.

I think we play the Steelers before the bye..

Hopefully we'll be looking at 7-2 going into the bye.

Sure, and if you add one turnover in any of the last 2 weeks.... there's a possibility the team would have lost.

And outplaying the Rams in every facet but the scoreboard.... means nothing. You're all sounding like McNabb last week when he said the better team lost.

You are what your record says you are.

Sure, and if you add one turnover in any of the last 2 weeks.... there's a possibility the team would have lost.

And outplaying the Rams in every facet but the scoreboard.... means nothing. You're all sounding like McNabb last week when he said the better team lost.

Exactly. I vehmently disagree with the notion that a loss is a "good thing"

It is never easy to win in the NFL. You don't miss chances to eat on cupcakes and pile up wins.

This is a terrible loss

Of course, losses are not good things. No one wants to lose.

BUT, there is a lot to be learned from these types of losses. This isn't all doom and gloom, I suspect many of the guys who effed up badly this week won't make the same mistake again next week.

Well then... it's a good thing that you know for certain that Campbell and Cooley won't turn the ball over for the rest of the season.

You know what the lesson was? Turnovers will lead to losses.

Pretty sure they know that by now.

Or maybe Cooley shouldn't have tried to transfer the ball to the outside hand? No wait, they actually ARE taught to do that.

Did Suisham learn not to kick the ball out of bounds on kickoffs? I thought he would have learned that from the last time he did that 2 weeks ago.

How many weeks will it take Brooks to NOT shank the ball?

So, what did they learn exactly?

I don't accept that we are worse than the Rams, that was my point. And hokiefan I don't think this loss was a good thing, I simply can't see losing like this as the norm for the Redskins. I don't ACCEPT this as how my team plays on a normal basis.

They consistently performed well over the last 4 games against tough teams on the road. This game against a pathetically awful Rams defies everything the skins have done thusfar this season.

So yes, I give them a mulligan because losing like this to an awful team is unacceptable as the team's status quo of performance.

geeze lol

you guys already got us winning the next 3 games already. look what happen today.

Exactly...half to 75% on this board had the Skins already at 7-1...THIS is the NFL...and these are the SKINS...so take this for what its worth...5-3 at the half way point..they will find a way to lose 1 of next 2...just when you think they will lose (dallas and philly) they win...It almost looked like Ol Joe Gibbs was doing the playcalling today and he felt sorry for Al Saunders about to go 0-5. 22 1st downs to 8...360 yards to 200...and playing @ home...this loss is unacceptable..5-3 and playing Pittsburgh...lose...and u r 5-4 at the bye...could be right where we thought they would be at beginning of season...Sun rising in the East...The Cubs never winning in over 100 years and The Skins can't stand prosperity:doh:

DH. You're the kind of guy that I could watch the game with. Why? Because you keep it real and you don't have that losers mentality that many of our fans do.

There is never a situation where a loss is a good thing. I mean think about it. Do some of you people really believe that? What if we miss the playoffs by one game? Will you still believe that this was a good loss?

You are correct.

We should have blown out the Lambs.

It is also true that Portis, in his postgame comments, alluded to the fact that during the game everyone just figured things would go right and so they did not step up when they needed to. Hopefully this loss will teach the players (again) not to think this way. Hopefully this will teach them that they need to focus on every play, every game.

And, hopefully, this lesson will show up in the won/loss record in the future.

You know what? I can accept this loss. Sure, I have reasons to be down, we all do. I picked up tickets this week and brought a friend to his first game, I joined ES and got to post before the game for the first time after reading here for 2 years, and we sure as hell fought our way back into that game...I still do enjoy the fact that we're 4-2 and no one is calling for the falling sky.

The media even took it a little easy on us and it helped a bit I admit. Pete Kendall sure is beating himself up about that one play, but think of it for a little bit guys. The Rams were beat. They only scored FG's on us on their offensive possessions. That score was our score. It could have been 4 less points, but that was still our score.

Here's to enjoying next week, sadly this week I'll be watching from home but that doesn't mean I still can't lose my voice.

Hail to the mother ****ing Redskins and hail to 4-2 and the Eagles, Cowboys, and Giants getting beat up and accepting some losses as well this week and the many weeks to come!

look at this...the panthers were the talk also, after their 4-1 start...they just got whooped on by the bucs. The falcons beat the supposed revived bears team. There were other games where it sucked for fans. You wanna bet panthers fans are shocked....yep.

lets not get naive here and think that the Rams are on the same level as the Bucs ... even the flacons. please. stop. u are embarrassing yourself. its laughable to compare the bucs to the falcons and the bucs

We kinda needed a game like this. I think the 'Skins were riding on the high horse a bit...we're not used to getting the media recognition and success in general. It's like that saying "we can't have nice things". The Redskins just can't seem to have "nice things". Not until we stop getting ****y when we have just a little bit of success.

Face facts....we got beat by a better team. Couple that with an overconfident, complacent team and you have a ridiculous defeat.

A team that plays to the level of it's competition is not a championship caliber team.

It's just another season of mediocrity.

Archived