Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Browns on Giants: “There ain’t nothing physical about them.”

KiwiSupaFlyNuka

2. How come during the offseason and such, we post signings/releases by other teams, but in this thread Bubba and tr1 are saying that this "isn't Redskins related"?

Is that not the point of this Around The NFL board?

no it's not

read what I've posted, read what PCS posted, read the rules

it's clear what the difference is...

exactly how is a thread posted by a giants fan, about brown players talking trash about giant players, redskins related? or would be considered interesting to most skins fans?

you think the Redskins foot the bills for this board for other teams fans to use as a place to discuss their team?

Would I go to your house to fix a meal for only me and my friends using your food and kitchen, and then act offended if you said something to me about it?

Then how about acting like it instead of this doing this obtuse act. And shame on you for using your time in Iraq here. For the record books, I have, do, and always give respect to those that served and serve. Especially those that have gone to war,(being a former Army brat who's dad served twice in Nam and a former Air Force Medic back in the 80's myself I tend to do that). But that isn't what we're discussing here nor is that what you're portraying here.

There was no violation of rules and I didn't imply as much. And you may want to look at that rule you quoted again and realize there is nothing in there that supports your newest argument. I didn't belittle you in any shape or form,(you're doing just fine in that area yourself). The comment "Kids these days" was nothing more than a bit of sarcastic humor based on a common saying. Yeeeeesh. Plain and simple, I posted an explanation found in the forum rules that supported what bubba and others have tried to to tell you. It's now on you to figure out what that was.

Shame on me for using my time? I did the time I earned my title and I did it volunterily, I take much pride in my expericience and service for pure love of my country. Whether it be in person or a pamphlet handed to my by an unknown person I don't take being disrespected by anyone lightly. I worked damned hard for what I have and give zero tolerance to have my life as an adult marginalized. I would expect that you do not take it lightly as well and wouldn't stand for it.

Shame on me for using my time? I did the time I earned my title and I did it volunterily, I take much pride in my expericience and service for pure love of my country. Whether it be in person or a pamphlet handed to my by an unknown person I don't take being disrespected by anyone lightly. I worked damned hard for what I have and give zero tolerance to have my life as an adult marginalized.

Dude, no disrespect but my dad was a gunner in WWII in a B-17...got shot down...was wounded. Got two purple hearts. Spent 19 months in a POW camp. All of his mates on his plane didn't survive.

He rarely mentioned the experience.

He certainly wouldn't have mentioned it in this context.

Again, I have nothing but respect for you...

:cheers:

Dude, no disrespect but my dad was a gunner in WWII in a B-17...got shot down...was wounded. Got two purple hearts. Spent 19 months in a POW camp. All of his mates on his plane didn't survive.

He rarely mentioned the experience.

He certainly wouldn't have mentioned it in this context.

Again, I have nothing but respect for you...

:cheers:

Thanks for the show of respect, but we are all different. Some people never mention service, some people wear hats that say what unit they served with and where, as I just saw a former Marine Major who served in WWII, Korea, and Vietnam, the other day.

Thanks for the show of respect, but we are all different. Some people never mention service, some people wear hats that say what unit they served with and where, as I just saw a former Marine Major who served in WWII, Korea, and Vietnam, the other day.

And, that's cool.

This is just a message board...about a sport that really isn't all that important in the big scheme of things.

No one was singling you out...

We're just a bit sensitive to the amount of trolling in ATN...and rah-rah threads about opposition fans for teams in our division rarely pass the 'it's only about football' test.

Just sayin'.

Right now on the first page there is a thread relating soley to the Giants and the Chiefs posted by a Giants fan, I don't see you throwing the "redskins only" sign around in there.

not every penalty gets called in a game either, your point?

now to answer you about that thread

nope it's not just about the giants, but it's about possible trades involving several teams and players, and is of possible interest to everyone, also a division rival adding an all pro player would be of interest to Skin fans

though the poster only highlighted the giants portion, it wasn't solely giants related...

also it is about who posted it, and the intentions behind it.. for example Tom would get more leeway that say Westy,

you know exactly what's being told to you, so stop playing the woa is me unfair card... because we tell you straight up its not fair this notion that its an open NFL forum, a safe haven for other teams fans is bogus, that's your problem you don't get it, because we have posted warnings to inform you what your getting into when you come here...

at least we didn't close the thread and ban the op as most team boards would have done

Shame on me for using my time? I did the time I earned my title and I did it volunterily, I take much pride in my expericience and service for pure love of my country. Whether it be in person or a pamphlet handed to my by an unknown person I don't take being disrespected by anyone lightly. I worked damned hard for what I have and give zero tolerance to have my life as an adult marginalized. I would expect that you do not take it lightly as well and wouldn't stand for it.

Yes. And yes you did. And no I don't, but that's situation specific,(in other words, when someone directly targets my time in or my dad's time in), not and never in situations like this. I've already addressed the rest of your response. Now that is enough on all this. Get it or don't, it's upon the members themselves, nobody else.

]

The ATN section of this site has always had and welcomed information from other fans about other teams. I have never seen anyone bring up what you are bringing up now bubba. There have been some good discussions too from fans of a lot of different teams here on football related material. Both Redskins and non Redskins.

that's not what's being said, and yes this subject has been brought up several times,usually with poke ad eagle fans, only recently have we'd had giant trolls ;)

no one is saying other team fans aren't welcome, or posts aren't relevant, it's about simple understanding of where you are at, and what this forum is for... you have always shown respect and never used this board to post giant propaganda, or have some sort of agenda

]

That being said, it is usually welcomed when it is done in a respectful manner and not done by trolling.

bingo :applause:

You can call it the "veteran card" if you want, but like I said, I earned the right to be called a man and I won't allow anyone to call me a "kid" regardless of their status anywhere.

If someone is old enough to be your dad, they'll likely think of you as a kid. It's like a cliche. Don't take it so personal. Plus, PCS is 46! He's like a fossil over there! If that's all it takes to get your panties in a bunch about your manhood, maybe you should reassess that.

SMH...This dude is still talking. :doh: Anyone have that clip of Jacobs running over a Cleveland Browns DT in his rookie season?

"I'm going to try to knock his head off. Once you go to putting wood on him, go to really hitting him, not letting him run wild like he wants to do, he's a totally different running back," Williams said. "He'll start tiptoeing, shutting it down."

I cannot wait to see his face when Jacobs runs for 100+ and punches him like he does every body ala Marcus Washington, Bradie James etc. ;)
Yeah. That's why I had to laugh when Jacobs was wondering during interviews this week how he could get punched in the mouth when he's wearing a facemask.

Archived