Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Well, even the most diehard of Eagles fans...

Number5

Are ready to throw in the towel!!!

AAARRRGGGHHHHH!!!!

Sorry, I know Who Del posted this already, but I wanted to vent also. For the record, many of you know me as an objective and fair football fan who loves his team, but respects the game.....

Yesterday, I watched (until Pat Burrell smacked his first HR) a team quit on themselves. It seemed as though the offense quit on the defense, the defense quit on the offense and the coach quit on them both....

Several random but honest observations....

1 - How upset do you think David Akers is? He missed a FG by at least 10 ft only to watch the Skins kicker from the exact same spot on the filed drill the same kick, but with more pressure on him. His time along with several other Eagles time has come.

2 - Desean Jackson explodes and scores a TD and what does he get in return, forced to watch Greg Lewis and Jason Avant take his snaps. What a joke? The teams most explosive outside option was forced to sit and watch as Todd Pinkston Jr. and Na Brown's "cousin" played most of the game.

3 - Who runs an off, off, off tackle play on 3rd and goal from the 1/2 ft line? Andy Reid does, that's who? Sorry but a QB sneak would have been perfect, but NNNNOOOO.....Big Red calls a bumble-f**k play and of course, most of the city turns to TBS and thanks the heavens for Joe Blanton....lol

4 - Darren Howard has become Trent Cole and Trent Cole has become Darren Howard. What a world huh?

5 - Did anyone notice during the 2nd Qtr, the crowd went crazy? It was because of the Phillies outburst in the NLDS game, from that point on, most people didn't even care about the football, even Joe Buck was more into the Phillies than the Eagles....guess cause he's calling Thursday night's game....

To all of you Skins fans, good game, and keep kicking butt! I hope the Eagles don't win another game this season...that way they can trade their 1st Rd pick next season for the Dolphins 3rd and 4th Rd pick and their playbook....

don't be too upset

you were out classed by a better team :D

1. Kickers have slumps

2. the TD shouldn't have counted, and he kept running the wrong route is what I read

3. wouldn't have mattered... same results

4. Chris Samuels is still Chris Samuels

most people didn't even care about the football

including the eagle players ;)

I think what a lot of us Eagle fans, and a lot of Skins fans I work with (who I had not heard from in like 10 years) forget is there is a quite a bit of season left. Right now the Eagles are in 5th place in the division, but you never know what can happen. Look at the Cowboys last year, or the Chargers. Yea right now the Iggles suck and doesn't look like they're going to get drastically better anytime soon, but it's a long season.

theyre saying akers has a horrible stat right now from outside of 40 yards. hard to imagine because i think he is a quality kicker.

desean looked hurt if you asked me. he was kneeling for a while on the sidelines and didnt move from the same position for the entire time he was there. i wonder if he was or not.

bouncing westbrook outside like that when on the goaline was silly. you take the FB up the gut or play action and suck us in while someone runs for the sidelines. they should have learne that last week.

good post though man and keep coming back..

I think what a lot of us Eagle fans, and a lot of Skins fans I work with (who I had not heard from in like 10 years) forget is there is a quite a bit of season left. Right now the Eagles are in 5th place in the division, but you never know what can happen. Look at the Cowboys last year, or the Chargers. Yea right now the Iggles suck and doesn't look like they're going to get drastically better anytime soon, but it's a long season.

Come on man give your team a little more credit. You're not 5th place in the division you guys are 4th;)

I mean this in the nicest possible way because I don't think anyone quit on the Eagles. I think the Eagles talent is significantly overrated, especially by the media.

Westbrook is elite, and I will even say that McNabb is one of the top 5 qb's in the league still. On defense, Dawkins is still a beast. THAT IS IT THOUGH.

The O-line is average at best, and the D-line that everyone raves about is nothing special. Guys like Clemons and Trent Cole are nice role/complementary players. But for some reason they are described as world beaters.

The linebackers define the overrating though. Those three linebackers were described all week as "big, young, and fast." There is not a single one that I would want to start for the Redskins though.

I hope I didn't go overboard there, and piss someone off. My point is that I don't see the talent there, and I think that is the REAL problem. I'm not questioning any Eagle's heart.

You Eagle fans really are pitifull. The worst front running town next to Dallas in the whole Country. You should be ashamed. Who quits on thier team in week 5?? You Number5 and Who Del....you are not fans. You are losers.

Dude, we had half the es quitting on our team in game #1.

Seriously, how do you quit on your team if you're a fan?

You can't. Anyone that quits on their team doesn't deserve a championship.

The phillies don't deserve one either with their frontrunning fans that boo their players anytime they struggle.

That's what I love about true Skins' fans. We don't give up until they're mathematically eliminated. Seriously, how can piling on your team motivate them to win. I never got that when we lived up in Boston amongst Patriots' fans in the 90s and I don't get it now living in Philly and listening to the media wait to pounce on the home team.

You'll be tuning in next Sunday, just like I will.

In all probability, the Saints will probably get hot again to get me excited, then limp out to an 8-8 or 9-7 record, just out of playoff contention. I imagine there will be a few more losses like tonight where we outplayed the Vikes for most of the game but turnovers, penalties, etc. did us in.

I mean this in the nicest possible way because I don't think anyone quit on the Eagles. I think the Eagles talent is significantly overrated, especially by the media.

Westbrook is elite, and I will even say that McNabb is one of the top 5 qb's in the league still. On defense, Dawkins is still a beast. THAT IS IT THOUGH.

The O-line is average at best, and the D-line that everyone raves about is nothing special. Guys like Clemons and Trent Cole are nice role/complementary players. But for some reason they are described as world beaters.

The linebackers define the overrating though. Those three linebackers were described all week as "big, young, and fast." There is not a single one that I would want to start for the Redskins though.

I hope I didn't go overboard there, and piss someone off. My point is that I don't see the talent there, and I think that is the REAL problem. I'm not questioning any Eagle's heart.

Actually I think their secondary is pretty good, Your definitely right about their o-line and d-line, though. And when you can't get pressure on the QB, no secondary in the world is going to be able to cover everyone for 7 or 8 seconds.

HAHAHA! That made me laugh. :applause:

Archived