Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Well, even the most diehard of Eagles fans...

Number5

I mean this in the nicest possible way because I don't think anyone quit on the Eagles. I think the Eagles talent is significantly overrated, especially by the media.

Westbrook is elite, and I will even say that McNabb is one of the top 5 qb's in the league still. On defense, Dawkins is still a beast. THAT IS IT THOUGH.

The O-line is average at best, and the D-line that everyone raves about is nothing special. Guys like Clemons and Trent Cole are nice role/complementary players. But for some reason they are described as world beaters.

The linebackers define the overrating though. Those three linebackers were described all week as "big, young, and fast." There is not a single one that I would want to start for the Redskins though.

I hope I didn't go overboard there, and piss someone off. My point is that I don't see the talent there, and I think that is the REAL problem. I'm not questioning any Eagle's heart.

Your opinion is as valid, if not more because you're not obnoxious in stating it, as anyone elses. I agree with some of your points, although some of the others I don't.

Trent Cole is a very good DE. Clemons, Parker et al I do agree are rotational guys. Dawk is done as a safety. Philly might not see another Dawk for a generation or two, but this HAS to be his last year. He is a liability in the secondary (see TE stats vs. Eagles this year). I'm personally happy with DT as I think Patterson & Bunkley have been playing well.

Tied to TE stats is that the Eagles have been sorely hurting ever since Carlos Emmons left to find a LB that can both play the run and cover the TE. The LBs they have now have, what, a combined 5-6 years of experience, so I'm not going to make the judgement just yet. I'm very happy with Bradley and Gaither definitely has some great moments. Jury's still out on Gocong.

OL without Shawn Andrews has major difficulties. That being said, I thought Tra Thomas did well against Demarcus Ware in the Dallas game. MJG is backup material and Jackson/Herremans aren't going to a luau anytime soon. Runyan is old, but can be effective with guard support. But this OL is playing very poorly, especially the last two weeks.

There is no talent (or they're playing like there is no talent) at TE, Safety, K, FB, (G & C are also looking like crap lately); but the biggest reason for disappointment is coaching.

I've not quit on team and certainly wouldn't wish they don't win a game the rest of the way. However, they're in a big bind. Their losses haven't been blowouts and should they somehow rebound after the bye (as AR is good at doing), they have a chance. A few mistakes eliminated each game and Akers aiming for the left upright and they can start winning these close games.

R,

Pollyanna

:D This made ME laugh. No "true" fans do. Don't act like all skins fans don't give up on the team though. 1/2 of them on here gave up in the 3rd week of the preseason!

That's why I used the word "true". Fair weather fans drive me up the wall. My grandfather was in his late 60s before the Skins ever won a Super Bowl and never gave up on them. He set an awesome example which we've passed on to our kids.

Every Eagles' fan I talked to at the game acknowledged that this game was their season. Win and keep hope alive. Lose and start thinking about next year.

Frankly, I think they are all correct. Being 2-3 in this division with two division losses and three conference losses already is a death sentence. This division should end up with three 10-win teams. The Eagles need to go 8-3 to get there now. And they still might not have the tie-breakers in their favor if they do.

I've been to several Eagles games over the last three years (having an in law with season tickets and a wife with a McNabb jersey in her closet will do that). I will never understand the Andy Reid Coma during the 2nd and 3rd quarters. The Eagles always seem to come out like gangbusters. And they always put together a beautiful 4th Quarter drive. And their offense always dies in the middle two quarters.

I also sit amazed every time I watch Andy Reid try to manage a two-minute drill. No one has commented on how he gave the Skins 3 points before halftime with that TO on third down. Zorn was going to let the half end there, I think. Reid calls TO. The Skins convert and then go into a real 2-minute drill.

I don't think they are giving up. Some fans get a case of the Sunday Night-Monday foot in the mouth disease. You are so frustrated that you have no idea what to say or what to do. Most fans are true fans, even if they say they give up on their team, because most of the time they don't really mean it and are just letting off steam. Whodel and Number5 will be back in front of the TV on Sunday like the rest of us. Yes, it's just a game, but it's also part of our life and part of our identity as people. People want to be associated with a winner and when you are unable to do that, human nature sets in sometimes.

People who know me...know me....and know that on Sunday, I will be sitting there watching these chumps again...until the Phils come on...lol

Those who are blasting me and Who Del for being honest...kick rocks! Me, OWU, Who Del have been taking lumps for years up here and have defended this team since Post 1 up here! If we feel sometype of way, so be it....you guys were ready to bring back Joe Gibbs after Week 1....so can it!

No' date=' I think Eagles' fans are really giving up. I would.[/quote']

They might be "giving up" as in not hoping for a first round bye in the playoffs, or even might recognize that we're not going to be a dominant force in the NFC. That's kind of what happened the year McNabb was injured for the last 5-6 games and the year he was out for ACL and Garcia came in. Then fans lowered their expectations and were wildly surprised when the team did well. AR can be the most frustrating coach in the history of the world (the timeout before halftime mentioned above was moronic) but he has shown a talent at rallying a team in the 2nd half of the season.

13-3 isn't a bad record. :)

pf

Archived