Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

*The Cult of Carlos*

RedskinsSuperBowl21

He continues to improve but the problem with Carlos is that usually there are 3 things that can happen when the ball is thrown (interception, incompletion or completed pass) and for most teams two of them is always bad but with Carlos the first one doesnt concern an apponent.

Carlos is the real deal and I have always said that. You can go back to all the old threads and find posts by me on him and they are all positive. The man can play.

One of the coaches said they had told him to jump the slant and the int should be there on that play. Everything was set up right... He just missed it.

you gots to admit though, mcnabb fired a bullet into that route, carlos jumped it and felt it! lol im surprised it didnt knock him down.

it was coming in a little hot but it was still meant to be caught at that same spot by the WR.

Carlos started coming around last year before he got hurt. He's always going to have suspect hands, but he has all the physical tools you could ask for in a DB. Big, strong, fast, physical, can turn his hips.

Antoine Winfield... Nate Clements... other excellent cover corners that could also tackle as well. And had suspect hands -- and hence, never compiled a lot of INT's.

That's just the MO of some corners. It'd be nice to be the complete package.... and for an extended period of time playing at that level.... but they don't call it the Hall of Fame for nothing.

As long as the defense is shutting down offenses on 3rd down and getting off the field... I don't care how.

Antoine Winfield... Nate Clements... other excellent cover corners that could also tackle as well. And had suspect hands -- and hence, never compiled a lot of INT's.

That's just the MO of some corners. It'd be nice to be the complete package.... and for an extended period of time playing at that level.... but they don't call it the Hall of Fame for nothing.

As long as the defense is shutting down offenses on 3rd down and getting off the field... I don't care how.

Didn't Clements have around 10 ints like 2 years ago? I hope carlos will have a season like that.

You mean the Nate Clements who's playing in his 8th NFL season.... and hasn't missed a game.... and has a total of 5 INT's?

http://www.nfl.com/players/nateclements/careerstats?id=CLE298153

Yeah, that guy.

LOL....dude.....Nate Clements is the definition of a shutdown corner with good hands. However maybe people can realize all CB's are human. He got burned by Moss pretty badly yesterday. But I understand some think CR is perfection and shouldn't ever let anyone catch a pass on him.

Sounds stupid, but that injury may have been the best thing to happen to him. Made him realize that there was a mental side to his position that he needed to embrace. Could not rely on athletic ability alone.

Dude come on....are you serious? Like you have got to be kidding me.

Archived