Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who won the VP debates?

Cooked Crack

Your Opinion of the Giants game and aftermath  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Your Opinion of the Giants game and aftermath

• Thought the game was a debacle- surprised that the Skins are a good team
    • Tough road game against the Superbowl Champs and division foe- not surprised that the Skins are good
    • Ditto option #2-But, didn't think Skins would be as good as we are now
    • Ditto option #1- Still don't think the Skins are a good team

This would be valid except for the fact that THEY'RE TRYING TO CONTINUE A LOT OF THE SAME POLICIES THAT HAVE FAILED THIS COUNTRY THE LAST 8 YEARS. This "quit looking at the past" rebuttal doesn't have a snowballs chance in hell of actually registering with swing voters IMO

All I think when they say that is Abe Lincoln:

"A man without history is like a tree without roots"

To even make that comment insults Americans.

My biggest fear has been realized.

People are excusing her, because she can hold her own.

(No offense guys), But I like a lot of posters here, and from time to time they surprise me and hold their own. That does not in any way make me think they should be a major part of running the country.

Flat out, her attacks were not accurate. He was able to respond.

She played the "like me" card.

My rule in life is, I don't have to like you if you do your job. I think she fell a little short, he fell a little short.

He still pulled it off a little better.

'I got a shout out' ... Seriously ? A 'shout out ? Does she think she is at the club ? Or trying too hard to be hip/cool ?

I suggest you watch it again then.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_i0YUcURUo

I really don't get how anyone could not see that he got choked up there. Watch this clip:

and watch the reactions in the lower portion of the screen of a group of undecided voters (split between men and women) who were watching the debate with those dial machines to indicate how they felt about what was going on at that moment. When Biden got choked up watch the lines shoot up to the top in men and women alike. So it seems they all disagreed with 81artmonk.

On another note, I was stunned at the obvious lack of any sort of compassion or even acknowledgment by Palin to what was an obviously emotional and somber moment from Biden. She just paused and went straight back into her "maverick" schtick. It seemed cold and completely lacking in empathy. The people with the dials obviously agreed too. Just watch how fast those lines start to drop when she launches into one of her mini-stump speeches after that had happened.

Now, imagine throwing back a few brews with McCain and Sarah. McCain with the war stories and the hope that Sarah may get drunk and show you her tramp stamp and boobs. Easy pick for me.

Wow, that is EXACTLY what I vote for, a "tramp stamp and boobs". No offense but I hope most people make a more considerate choice.

Second, it brought up a good point about the dems being elite. I heard him go on about how well off he is, how much money he makes and what a great life he has.

I think you missed the point. He was contrasting himself to McCain. He had a humble start and now he is doing well on his senator's salary with a single home that is his main investment. Biden is not elite, he came from the middle class and has done well (still likely upper middle class) but is not Kerry or McCain.

Contrast to McCain's very large wealth from his wife and the 7 homes. Biden is much more like you and I than McCain is. So is Obama for that matter. McCain is the elite one, way outside of anything you or I will ever see.

Here is Biden's early life from wikipedia, born in Scranton, PA...

The Scranton area was in economic decline during the 1950s, and Biden's father could not find enough work.[4] The Biden family moved to Claymont, Delaware, when Biden was 10 years old,[2] and he grew up in suburban New Castle County, Delaware. His father then prospered as a car salesman and the family's circumstances were middle class.[4][5] One of his grandfathers was a member of the Pennsylvania State Senate.[5] Biden suffered from stuttering through much of his childhood and into his twenties;[6] he overcame it via long hours spent reciting poetry in front of a mirror.[7] Biden attended the Archmere Academy in Claymont,[8] where he was athletically, not academically, oriented[9] and a natural leader among the students.[7] He graduated in 1961.[8]

and...

With a net worth (not income) between $59,000 and $366,000, and almost no outside income or investment income, he is consistently ranked as one of the least wealthy members of the Senate.[60][61][62] Biden states that he has been listed as the second poorest member in Congress, a distinction that he is not proud of, but attributes it to being elected early in his career.[63]

One can't say he is a washington elite based on the money he makes. Heck I suspect Sarah Palin is likely more "elite" than he is (she has said that she will release her financial records this week).

It is clear your point on Biden being elite and talking about all the money he makes is incorrect and anyone knowing the facts can see the point was exactly the opposite of how you read it.

By the way about being choked up...

Also from wikipedia...

A few weeks after the election (his first one), Biden's wife and year-old daughter were killed in an automobile accident while Christmas shopping in Hockessin, Delaware on December 18, 1972,[2].
Biden's two sons, Beau and Hunter, were critically injured in the accident, but both eventually made full recoveries.[2] Biden considered resigning in order to care for them;[5] persuaded not to by Senate Majority Leader Mike Mansfield; he was sworn into office from one of their bedsides.[22]
A single father for five years, Biden left standing orders that he be interrupted in the Senate at any time if his sons called.[22] In remembrance of the accident, Biden does not work on December 18.[24]

I think he earned the right to be choked up. It is pretty clear the deaths of his family weigh heavily on him. Give the guy a freak'n break.

Rove is a douche.

Article 1: Section 3: The Senate

Rove you're a toolbox. Palin however, had nothing at all to say about the vice presidency that related to the constitution. More so, she seemed to think that the "founding fathers" described a vast amount of duties to the VP. That is of course, incredibly wrong.

The gaffe was Biden saying Article 1 was about the Executive Branch. It isn't. Article 2 is. Article 1 is entirely about the Legislative branch. The Constitution doesn't say what Biden said... That is for sure...

I can't help but laugh at the votes for Biden.

Whereas Palin refered back to his actual votes, and actual comments about Obama, Biden refered to what he "thought" McCain would say if he was there.

Fact >>>>>>>>>>> Speculation

I didn't watch the debate but the majority of polls that I've seen say Biden won as well. :whoknows:

Those would be "exit polls" right? :ols:

Trust me. There was a REASON the dems spent so much time this week playing up Palin, and downplaying Biden.

It was AT BEST a tie, and I think that's a stretch.

Those would be "exit polls" right? :ols:

Trust me. There was a REASON the dems spent so much time this week playing up Palin, and downplaying Biden.

It was AT BEST a tie, and I think that's a stretch.

Those were the same "exit polls" that had Obama beating McCain during thier debate.

And judging by the shift in the national polls those "exit" polls" were pretty accurate.

Those were the same "exit polls" that had Obama beating McCain during thier debate.

And judging by the shift in the national polls those "exit" polls" were pretty accurate.

"That was my lame attempt at a joke, and yours must've been too, because nobody got it."

Actually WATCH the debate, and you'll get that. ;)

OK, Let's look closely at Biden's comment on the role of the VP as defined in the Constitution:

BIDEN: Vice President Cheney has been the most dangerous vice president we've had probably in American history. The idea he doesn't realize that Article I of the Constitution defines the role of the vice president of the United States, that's the Executive Branch. He works in the Executive Branch. He should understand that. Everyone should understand that.

And the primary role of the vice president of the United States of America is to support the president of the United States of America, give that president his or her best judgment when sought, and as vice president, to preside over the Senate, only in a time when in fact there's a tie vote. The Constitution is explicit.

The only authority the vice president has from the legislative standpoint is the vote, only when there is a tie vote. He has no authority relative to the Congress. The idea he's part of the Legislative Branch is a bizarre notion invented by Cheney to aggrandize the power of a unitary executive and look where it has gotten us. It has been very dangerous.

Now, Article 1 of the Constitution is completely about the Legislative Branch... NOT the Executive. Here is the section of Article 1 that is relevant:

The Vice President of the United States shall be President of the Senate, but shall have no vote, unless they be equally divided.

The Senate shall choose their other officers, and also a President pro tempore, in the absence of the Vice President, or when he shall exercise the office of President of the United States.

First, Article 1 isn't about the Executive Branch... It's about the Legislative Branch.

Second, there does not appear to be any specific limitation in Article 1 that the Vice President can only be President of the Senate only to "break a tie"... It further defines how the Senate handles the situation when the Vice President is absent. It maintains that he can be "President of the Senate" when he is present and he can vote in those instances where he needs to "break a tie"...

This was a gaffe... Biden doesn't know his Constitution...

For the people that want REAL change......

Obama votes with his party more than McCain

McCain and Palin have fought THEIR OWN PARTY more than "Obiden"

Who is REAL Change?

Its easy

So, the reason you like McCain is because he fights his own party more often to agree with Obama and the Dems? Why not skip the middle man?

They both did well.

Palin had the most to prove, and came through well and on message all they way. She only seemed a little lightweight in her obvious effort to put in her speaking points such as "media elite" and "soccer mom". She surprised me at how well she handled it.

Biden also did well as most people thought he would, but had diffaculity sticking with the idea that Obama is the one who will be actually president. He talked about himself to much.

The curse words you use totally diminish any valid point you try to make, and make you look small. You also assume that any white person who isn't voting for Obama is a racist bigot. Gee, thanks....it's not everyday people like myself get this insulted and stereotyped. Oh well....but you're a liberal democrat, right? And it's all ok right? No biggie...and I'm not surprised....this kind of angry rhetoric is typical from you and your buddies on the left.

I'm not a democrat or republican so please don't pigeon hole me. I'm just a concerned and frustrated American because the GOP keeps trotting out these morons who are destroying my country and some idiots keep voting for them. Sometimes I feel like I'm in the twilight zone, how the **** do these dumb****s get votes?

Ok I gave you the benefit of the doubt thinking I may have been wrong, so I watched again(link you provided).

I observed two things. The first was, my initial response was correct, I saw a lapse in thought, not getting chocked up. sorry, I just don't see it.

You take beligerence to a whole new level. I've been reading your posts for some time now, and no matter what the topic, once you've decided you think you know something you stubbornly try support your view, no matter how wrong you might be. Anyone in the world who watched the debate with any amount of perceptive skills could see that Biden got choked up. All of the various media outlets have noted it.

There are plenty of stubborn guys in here, but you're the champ. It's not a difference on opinion in this case as you say. You just wrong and too stubborn to admit it.

Biden dominated. lol No he didn't.. It was comical to see both of them go back and forth, and both are just as ignorant and slimy as the candidates they serve under. But Biden didn't no where near dominate. Palin was with him step for step and when she pushed Biden backed down like a little *****. Still think it was probably a tie but really.. does it matter?

Archived