Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Springs: "I'm not missing an NFC East Game!"

elkabong82

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/

Click link for entire article

Springs: "I'm Not Missing an NFC East Game"

Jason La Canfora reports:

Shawn Springs, who strained his calf in the game against Dallas, said he feels really good and fully expects to play Sunday. "I'm not missing an NFC East game," he said.

It's likely that Carlos Rogers will get the matchup with Philly wide receiver DeSean Jackson -- Springs isn't as suited to covering those smaller, quick-twitch receivers. Springs has often manned up on Reggie Brown in the past.

I would also expect the Skins to play more Cover-2 given Philly's struggles in the run game, with a high safety over the top on Jackson much of the game.

click link for rest, let JLC know he is still a POS.

thx Bubba for posting this originally in breaking news. you certainly are the king of all media.

Also, an update from JLC, Byron Westbrook said he doesn't think his brother, Brian Westbrook, will play this Sunday. Gets better and better.

Oh man this could be huge. If Westbrook doesn't play its like us gaining an extra player on defense.

I hope he is correct but then again his brother maybe setting us up.

whats the update on jason taylor.

i google searched and cant find anything, last we heard he would miss the cowboys game and would be day to day after that.

Rumblings are that he will most likely miss the Eagles game as well, just as a precaution.

Rumblings are that he will most likely miss the Eagles game as well, just as a precaution.

Zorn has said that there is no time table for Taylor to come back yet. The way that we are playing now and the cupcake teams that we have coming up after Philly, I'm ok with him healing until the Steelers game.

The Westbrook news will be great if true. Anytime you can face the Eagles without him and a banged up McNabb (chest contusion) is a really, really good thing.

Am I the only one on this board that wishes the opposing teams had all of their best players healthy so that we can beat them fair and square.

How do you know you are the best when you do not play the best?

Am I the only one on this board that wishes the opposing teams had all of their best players healthy so that we can beat them fair and square.

I'd like to do that too, but we've had more than enough of our own injuries over the previous years.

who cares if the other team isn't healthy. i could give a flying ****. as long as we add another W to the win column thats all i care about. Wins get you into the playoffs.

Ok in that case can we have Jason Taylor and a healthy Springs that plays the entire game please? :silly:

How is the Redskins beating the Eagles without Westbrook not "fair and square"?

Are you saying beating the Eagles with Westbrook injured would be some form of cheating?

The Redskins can't help who's healthy and who's not on the opposition.

All they can do is play the team put before them.

Do you think the Eagles will see a victory over Washington this Sunday as not "fair and square" if Jason Taylor or say, Shawn Springs don't play?

I doubt it. :)

The Redskins will face the Eagles this Sunday and BEAT them.

Who played and who didn't play is not going to keep me from seeing this as a complete victory for Washington.

Archived