Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Springs: "I'm not missing an NFC East Game!"

elkabong82

Zorn has said that there is no time table for Taylor to come back yet. The way that we are playing now and the cupcake teams that we have coming up after Philly, I'm ok with him healing until the Steelers game.

That is exactly what I surmised. Plus, they don't want a Brandon Noble like situation. Staph infections are bad. Make sure he's 100% healed before letting him step foot on a football field.

Good news... although its Desean Jackson I'm most worried about. He's a rookie and he's small - we need to keep him in front of us and play very physical with him. Make him uncomfortable.

That's what I'm talking about! The first time he touches the ball he needs to get punished! Landry needs to keep an eye on him and lay down a big hit. Jackson thinks he's hot stuff...but one hit from LL and here come the alligator arms!

Am I the only one on this board that wishes the opposing teams had all of their best players healthy so that we can beat them fair and square.

How do you know you are the best when you do not play the best?

Are you kidding?

Every evening I get on my knees and ask God to give (fill in starting QBs name of the next opposing team here) a severe six day asian flu bug. I want every advantage. And if that means McNabb, Westbrook, and Akers have to suddenly become violently ill, it's just a tragedy, isn't it?

No one cried any tears or gave us any breaks last year when our team was a walking triage unit.

Did Buffalo give a damn that Sean Taylor had just died? Nope, they went out and drilled us anyway.

Sorry if I don't shed any tears for Philly.

How is the Redskins beating the Eagles without Westbrook not "fair and square"?

I was responding to a post that was glad to see Westbrook possibly out and McNabb not completely healthy. The point was that you shouldn't be glad that their star players are out. You should want to beat them with their best players on the field.

Ask Zorn and the Redskins, I bet they would agree with me on this one. However, they will take the win however they can get it.

I never said it was cheating. I would love to have all of our players as well as the opposing team's players out there and healthy. It's not going to happen.

I will take a victory no matter how it comes, but it feels a lot better when you beat their best. Look at T.O. this past weekend. We beat the Cowboys best and he is whining like a little punk.

This goes for anything in life. If you do not agree, then I can only "assume" that you are opposed to quality competition. Whatever you do in life you should want the best out of your opponent. If they can't give you the best then how do you know you are the best??

Am I the only one on this board that wishes the opposing teams had all of their best players healthy so that we can beat them fair and square.

we play with injuries all the time and get no slack because of it, staying healthy is part of playing good football. Sounds to me like we are the ones slapping people around, and not the other way around.

Oh man this could be huge. If Westbrook doesn't play its like us gaining an extra player on defense.

I hope he is correct but then again his brother maybe setting us up.

If you mean Byron Westbrook is setting us up, I doubt it given he plays for us.

If you mean Brian Westbrook is setting us up, that would be pretty clever of him.

we play with injuries all the time and get no slack because of it, staying healthy is part of playing good football. Sounds to me like we are the ones slapping people around, and not the other way around.

I know we play with injuries all the time and don't get any slack. I am not giving any one a free pass here.

I didn't know that injuries are part of football. Thank you to all of the posters that have enlightened me!

What does us slapping people around have anything to do with what I said?

I just wish that they have their best out there so that way we know we are the best. The team will feel more confident beating the best the Eagles have to offer. I am more confident in the team knowing that they beat the best the opponents have to offer.

It is simple, really!

Getting breaks (playing teams not at full strength) can sometimes make the difference in a season.

A couple caveats...just because Westbrook might miss a game, that doesn't mean we'll win. Also, just because Westbrook might play, that doesn't mean we'll lose.

However, we used good fortune (in part) in 1991 to gain homefield advantage in the playoffs. We played Detroit without Barry Sanders, Atlanta without Deion, Philly (both times I think) without Randall, etc. Not only that, but we benefitted IN the playoffs by having Detroit upset Dallas setting up a much easier matchup in the NFC Championship game.

Now again, nothing is saying that we'd have lost any of those games, but getting breaks is key in the NFL. Great teams are typically relatively healthy throughout the year and usually play some teams at less than 100%

Having said ALL of that, I think Westbrook will play on Sunday.

i bet they will run 1 deep in to jackson, when we are in a cover 1, he will beat rogers to the inside, but landry in all his awesomeness reads the play and jumps it. he collides with jackson and he gets tossed like 10 feet back and the ball pops up in the air, and of course horton will be there to pick it off. I BET THAT THIS WILL HAPPEN!!!!:evil::evil::evil:

Getting breaks (playing teams not at full strength) can sometimes make the difference in a season.

A couple caveats...just because Westbrook might miss a game, that doesn't mean we'll win. Also, just because Westbrook might play, that doesn't mean we'll lose.

However, we used good fortune (in part) in 1991 to gain homefield advantage in the playoffs. We played Detroit without Barry Sanders, Atlanta without Deion, Philly (both times I think) without Randall, etc. Not only that, but we benefitted IN the playoffs by having Detroit upset Dallas setting up a much easier matchup in the NFC Championship game.

Now again, nothing is saying that we'd have lost any of those games, but getting breaks is key in the NFL. Great teams are typically relatively healthy throughout the year and usually play some teams at less than 100%

Having said ALL of that, I think Westbrook will play on Sunday.

Detroit was 12-4 that year and Dallass was 11-5, so it wasn't as big an upset as you think. And I don't care who anyone put on the field, no one was going to beat us that year.

Ahhh....let's take a game when one can. Don't forget we play them again so let them bring in their healthy players at that time. Until then let us have some fun. ;)

Archived