Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Here's how you solve the economic crisis

WVUforREDSKINS

This idea sounds just crazy enough to possibly work, so naturally it won't be given serious consideration. How great is our bureaucracy!!

Hi Pals,

I'm against the $85,000,000,000.00 bailout of AIG.

Instead, I'm in favor of giving $85,000,000,000 to America in a We Deserve It Dividend.

To make the math simple, let's assume there are 200,000,000 bonafide U.S. Citizens 18+.

Our population is about 301,000,000 +/- counting every man, woman and child. So 200,000,000 might be a fair stab at adults 18 and up..

So divide 200 million adults 18+ into $85 billion that equals $425,000.00.

My plan is to give $425,000 to every person 18+ as a We Deserve It Dividend.

Of course, it would NOT be tax free.

So let's assume a tax rate of 30%.

Every individual 18+ has to pay $127,500.00 in taxes.

That sends $25,500,000,000 right back to Uncle Sam.

But it means that every adult 18+ has $297,500.00 in their pocket.

A husband and wife has $595,000.00.

What would you do with $297,500.00 to $595,000.00 in your family?

Pay off your mortgage - housing crisis solved.

Repay college loans - what a great boost to new grads

Put away money for college - it'll be there

Save in a bank - create money to loan to entrepreneurs.

Buy a new car - create jobs

Invest in the market - capital drives growth

Pay for your parent's medical insurance - health care improves

Enable Deadbeat Dads to come clean - or else

Remember this is for every adult U S Citizen 18+ including the folks who lost their jobs at Lehman Brothers and every other company that is cutting back. And of course, for those serving in our Armed Forces.

If we're going to re-distribute wealth let's really do it...instead of trickling out a puny $1000.00 ( "vote buy" ) economic incentive that is being proposed

by one of our candidates for President.

If we're going to do an $85 billion bailout, let's bail out every adult U S Citizen 18+!

As for AIG - liquidate it.

Sell off its parts.

Let American General go back to being American General.

Sell off the real estate.

Let the private sector bargain hunters cut it up and clean it up.

Here's my rationale. We deserve it and AIG doesn't.

Sure it's a crazy idea that can "never work."

But can you imagine the Coast-To-Coast Block Party!

How do you spell Economic Boom?

I trust my fellow adult Americans to know how to use the $85 Billion

We Deserve It Dividend more than I do the geniuses at AIG or in Washington DC

And remember, The Birk plan only really costs $59.5 Billion because $25.5 Billion is returned instantly in taxes to Uncle Sam.

Ahhh...I feel so much better getting that off my chest.

Kindest personal regards,

Birk

T. J. Birkenmeier, A Creative Guy & Citizen of the Republic

PS: Feel free to pass this along to your pals as it's either good for a laugh or a tear or a very sobering thought on how to best use $85 Billion!!

Here's an idea.

They're giving 700 Billion to people who obviously can't manage it.

There's roughly 300 million Americans.

Give every taxpayer a million dollars and screw these big institutions.

~Bang

That would be 300,000,000,000,000

That's 300 TRILLION, not 300 Billion.

That math seems to be getting worst.....

I'm no economist by any means, but wouldn't a good percentage of the problem be solved if the government bails out the homebuyers? Lets suddenly wipe out all of the outstanding mortgages. As a result, taxes will increase since no one can claim government tax breaks for having a mortgage. So suddenly more income returns to the government.

I'm guessing the majority of the funds are too large commercial mortgages that are going under.

I'm also guessing that if that much money enters the market stream, inflation will hit new levels.

I'm no economist by any means, but wouldn't a good percentage of the problem be solved if the government bails out the homebuyers? Lets suddenly wipe out all of the outstanding mortgages. As a result, taxes will increase since no one can claim government tax breaks for having a mortgage. So suddenly more income returns to the government.

I'm guessing the majority of the funds are too large commercial mortgages that are going under.

I'm also guessing that if that much money enters the market stream, inflation will hit new levels.

ot, it's monte coleman

So the government is going to pay for everyone's mortgage? Do you have any idea how much money that would take? Do you really think it's fair to have people who don't hold mortgages to subsidize people you do? Would the government then own the houses?

The solution is to give Paulson $700 billion and all his actions are "non-reviewable and committed to agency discretion, and may not be reviewed by any court of law or any administrative agency."

I wouldn't I would find 4 people from the congress or senate 2 from each party who have taken either nothing or very little in money from such groups maybe bring in someone like Buffett and others to over see the investment

I wouldn't I would find 4 people from the congress or senate 2 from each party who have taken either nothing or very little in money from such groups maybe bring in someone like Buffett and others to over see the investment

That's good that you see problems with Paulson's plan. I'm not so sure I can say the same about Obama and McCain.

That's good that you see problems with Paulson's plan. I'm not so sure I can say the same about Obama and McCain.

When it was presented as a plan with a straight out buyout with the impression given there were going to a structure to it, I thought it was great

finding out there are earmarks for groups to benefit if a profit is realized I find it sickening, espically as the earmarks just bring you back to the same problem

There are some people who should just not own homes (everyone should have shelter) but if you are not willing to work hard then you get to rent, now if the government wants to turn some of the foreclosed properties into rent to own where the it works out as you either buy or get some cash out when moving then that is fine

what really angers me about the bailout/buyouts aside from socialization of debt, is that we aren't teaching anyone a lesson. we're telling them that it is okay to engage in highly risky behavior that could crash our economy because we'll bail them out if they get unlucky. of course until they get unlucky, they get the benefits of the high-risk practices. how can we possibly expect to prevent this from happening again if we just bail them out when they **** up this badly?

Archived