Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

HS Football: Dunbar forfeits to Fort Hill Citing Racial Taunts (10-02 WP Update)

Major Harris

Uhh, correct me if I'm wrong but isn't that pretty much what happened? That is, the Dunbar players MAY have been trying to retaliate.

Pushing and shoving is how you would react to a racial slur? I'd hospitalize the ****er after the whistle had gone with a cheap hit if that's what it took.

That newspaper article that says every investigation has cleared the Fort Hill players? (Of course, I have a pro-Fort Hill agenda, because I went to Allegany. -- Which if you're unaware is kinda like Skins-Boys on steroids. A mixed marriage in Cumberland, is one that crosses between the two high schools; and married couples LITERALLY sit on opposite sides of the stadium during the homecoming game. You can see why I'd be quick to come to their aid.)

Also, the writer of that article was MY sports editor for seven years. I think I can speak to his credibility too.

Again, present just one piece of supporting evidence for the other side of the story, and I'll gladly step aside.

Hey H-H we don't agree on much. But I am gonna (ok I am taking a deep breath! j/k) trust you on your judgement on this one here. :cheers:

That newspaper article that says every investigation has cleared the Fort Hill players? (Of course, I have a pro-Fort Hill agenda, because I went to Allegany. -- Which if you're unaware is kinda like Skins-Boys on steroids. A mixed marriage in Cumberland, is one that crosses between the two high schools; and married couples LITERALLY sit on opposite sides of the stadium during the homecoming game. You can see why I'd be quick to come to their aid.)

Also, the writer of that article was MY sports editor for seven years. I think I can speak to his credibility too.

Again, present just one piece of supporting evidence for the other side of the story, and I'll gladly step aside.

Redskins vs Dallas on steroids, lol, quite funny but true.

I went to school in Frostburg, the Fort Hill Allegany game is the biggest game west of Sideling Hill. I remember grocery shopping at the food lion in Frostburg and they announced the score of the game over the intercom. The streets in La Vale are decorated with wooden jerseys and the players names and numbers painted on them. HH is not exagerating.

Hey H-H we don't agree on much. But I am gonna (ok I am taking a deep breath! j/k) trust you on your judgement on this one here. :cheers:

I appreciate that.

Just for the record, I'm not saying I'm "right." I'm just saying that I do know some of the people involved, and the general dynamic up there. All I want to see is some evidence before we go crucifying my hometown, that's all.

BTW, the referee in this case was my seventh-grade Algebra teacher, and he's a complete a-hole. He's a good official, IMO. But he's a Grade A ass, for sure.

Redskins vs Dallas on steroids, lol, quite funny but true.

I went to school in Frostburg, the Fort Hill Allegany game is the biggest game west of Sideling Hill. I remember grocery shopping at the food lion in Frostburg and they announced the score of the game over the intercom. The streets in La Vale are decorated with wooden jerseys and the players names and numbers painted on them. HH is not exagerating.

Yep.

And the opposite side of town is the same way, just in red and white.

I mean heck, the whole town is only about 15,000 people these days. And the turnout for the homecoming game is very close to that.

I appreciate that.

Just for the record, I'm not saying I'm "right." I'm just saying that I do know some of the people involved, and the general dynamic up there. All I want to see is some evidence before we go crucifying my hometown, that's all.

BTW, the referee in this case was my seventh-grade Algebra teacher, and he's a complete a-hole. He's a good official, IMO. But he's a Grade A ass, for sure.

Understood.

Now all I have to do is get you on the Obama bandwagon!! :cheers:

I appreciate that.

HH called home to get the latest gossip, this is by far the talk of the town.

Again for those trying to say Coach Jefferies was looking for a way out, I doubt it. Dunbar is a successful program and they have lost some. Whether they were ahead or not doesn't even matter. Fact of the matter is Dunbar was winning. As I've stated before I've been to a lot of Dunbar games home and away. I've never seen Coach try and take a way out especially by saying another team is using racial slurs. He likes competitive out of conference games. Anything is possible but its never been his make up. Dunbar has played schools that had Majority white teams on the road and this was never an issue. They've played Steubenville of Ohio a lot. They beat Dunbar I think 2 or 3 years straight. They're one of the winningest high school teams in Ohio history. My cousin who played RB for Dunbar joked with me saying man those White boys were basic but damn they could play. They gave them their props. Hell they got beat fair and square on the field. Their were no racial taunts or slurs. I don't think Jefferies is just making it up.

I don't think Jefferies is just making it up.

So you are saying even though no one heard any racial slurs, we should go ahead and assume Fort Hill is a school full of racists?

Seems pretty fair to me, label the white kids in the sticks "racist" because of a football game, I am sure Fort Hill will be treated really well the next time they visit DC.

Face it. No one here knows what actually happened, yet we are all taking sides and hurling accusations of unfairness and bias against each other. You know, it is even possible that there was a misunderstanding and the Dunbar coach and the Fort Hill guys are BOTH being honest about what they thought happened.

Typical Tailgate action - dig in your heels and scream at the other side :cheers:

I don't think Jefferies is just making it up.

It's clear that he had a huge problem in his mind with the officiating, before and during the game. He made no attempt to alert the officials regarding any taunts.

Unless some evidence is offered to the contrary, I think he lost it and tried to blame racism.

So you are saying even though no one heard any racial slurs, we should go ahead and assume Fort Hill is a school full of racists?

Seems pretty fair to me, label the white kids in the sticks "racist" because of a football game, I am sure Fort Hill will be treated really well the next time they visit DC.

1st off I don't know if Fort Hill is full of racist or not. I never said they were. I don't think he said it either. I gave a lil tid bit on my association with the Dunbar program. They've played majority white schools before and lost but never made up racism claims. You take it for what its worth. If he had a history of making racial slur accusations as a way of getting out of a loss then I'd say something different. Over the years they've played majority white schools and they haven't done it. Why single out Fort Hill?

Has it been investigated?

What was the result of the investigations?

Or do we just throw out any investigation whose findings don't fit our agenda?

I don't really know - has it really been investigated? By who?

And I don't have an agenda.

All I was saying is that I read your andecdotes about Fort Hill and I read DCMONEY's anecdotes about Dunbar's coach, and I came to the conclusion that I don't know what really happened and I probably never will.

But everyone else here is acting like they DO know what really happened. :whoknows:

1st off I don't know if Fort Hill is full of racist or not. I never said they were. I don't think he said it either. I gave a lil tid bit on my association with the Dunbar program. They've played majority white schools before and lost but never made up racism claims. You take it for what its worth. If he had a history of making racial slur accusations as a way of getting out of a loss then I'd say something different. Over the years they've played majority white schools and they haven't done it. Why single out Fort Hill?

Regardless, it is irresponsible of him to make such a statement without any proof. Teenage Kids respond irrationally to stupid crap like this, if there is proof, fine go ahead and say it, however if you don't have proof, keep your mouth shut. It is unfair to every single person on that football team and every kid that goes to school for them to get this type of publicity without fact or proof.

All I was saying is that I read your andecdotes about Fort Hill and I read DCMONEY's anecdotes about Dunbar's coach, and I came to the conclusion that I don't know what really happened and I probably never will.

But everyone else here is acting like they DO know what really happened. :whoknows:

This is probably the best way to view it.

None of us were there so we don't know what went down.

Read the stories.

It's been investigated, and no one found any evidence that the coach's claims are founded.

Read the stories.

It's been investigated, and no one found any evidence that the coach's claims are founded.

Not sure how this one would be proven either way H_H. It's going to be one persons word against another persons regardless.

Plus, I highly doubt any cameras would have caught anything if it did happen and there's no guarantee stuff was going on where a ref would have definitely heard it. I find it hard to believe that this was a complete fabrication but I don't think we'll ever really know. I think it's just as stupid to dismiss the accusation because of some "investigation" as it is to say with 100% certainty that something racial did happen. I think it's just one of those things that just needs to go away because noone is ever going to know for sure.

Archived