Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Pumpkin flavored beer

WVUforREDSKINS

Mark, too funny. Was in a co workers office yesterday and he has one bottle of that. (not sure why at work, but it's just sitting on a shelf w/ his other nick nacks...)

so is it good??

Yea I think its pretty good. Its not something I would want to get drunk off, its kinda heavy. But its good to just have one or two and sip. Tasty stuff.

BTW, your team did pretty well. Congrats.

There is a slight difference between Octoberfests (like Sam Adams fall seasonal) and Pumpkin ales.

Octoberfests are mostly lager styles, and thus won't have as much of a spiced taste, whatever the spices may be. Pumpkin is of course a big one for the octoberfests. I still love the Sam Adams Octoberfest though, great beer for the season.

Pumpkin ales though are the ale style so you can taste the spices better. Isn't Jacks brewed by Anheiser Busch? Either way, it's not that great, solid, but not great. If you really want a good Pumpkin Ale, try Dogfish Head's Punkin Ale, that thing is one great tasting brew.

This thread reminds me that I need to make my fall stockup of fall beers soon.

My bar used to have that Jack's Pumpkin on tap.... It was horrible. Everyone that had it disliked it. When we'd come in (off duty), we'd give each other pitchers of it as a joke - it was free so ya wouldn't pass it up, but it was still terrible. It was literally the only way we could get rid of the stuff.

Blue Moon's is slightly better. So far I just haven't found a pumpkin-seasonal that I've even remotely enjoyed

No, but I love the seasonal Sam Adams out now. It's got a hint of pumpkin as well. The Winter Ale is the best though at that should be here in a few weeks.

Ah... they are calling it Harvest Moon.

Blue Moon also offers a Pumpkin Ale during the Autumn months. This variety contains the flavors of vine-ripened pumpkins and other autumnal spices. Blue Moon Pumpkin Ale is typically available in bottles from mid-September through December. In 2007, the name of this variety was completely changed to Harvest Moon. It contains 5.6% alcohol in a standard 12 fluid ounce bottle.

Ah... they are calling it Harvest Moon.

Blue Moon also offers a Pumpkin Ale during the Autumn months. This variety contains the flavors of vine-ripened pumpkins and other autumnal spices. Blue Moon Pumpkin Ale is typically available in bottles from mid-September through December. In 2007, the name of this variety was completely changed to Harvest Moon. It contains 5.6% alcohol in a standard 12 fluid ounce bottle.

I've had that. Its pretty good.

Archived