Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Shockey......

RedSunday

I don't have the numbers in front of me, but anecdotally, I feel like Shockey has never been much of a thorn in our side. Even when we would lose to the Giants over the years, it usually wasn't because of Shockey. Often it was because we would turn Tiki Barber into a cross between Jim Brown and Walter Payton.

Only after Champ left. Before that it seemed like it was Amani Toomer who would kill us.

Shockey's emotions are what keep him from being as good on the field as he is in his mind. Also keep in mind that he rarely does anything against us, the skins have shut him down for years. I haven't feared him since his rookie year, he had us then but I really can't remember an above average game from him against us since then.

I don't have the numbers in front of me, but anecdotally, I feel like Shockey has never been much of a thorn in our side. Even when we would lose to the Giants over the years, it usually wasn't because of Shockey. Often it was because we would turn Tiki Barber into a cross between Jim Brown and Walter Payton.

He always made me think of mrcus Allen in that superbowl.:doh:

Guest sith lord
I may be wrong, but it seems like every time we've played Shockey over the last few years I've been way more worried about him before the game than he's actually proven worthy of.

That's because of his name. There's a ton of TE's that are better that don't have the "Shockey" name.

We own Shockey. It's pretty much that simple.

Boss was getting so much hype in the offseason because of a few catches he made in the post season. He's been invisible. The Giants may not miss Shockey, but I think they lost a lot by giving him up regardless. It'll come more to the forefront later on in the season when its not so easy to put up 300 yard games.

We own Shockey. It's pretty much that simple.

Boss was getting so much hype in the offseason because of a few catches he made in the post season. He's been invisible. The Giants may not miss Shockey, but I think they lost a lot by giving him up regardless. It'll come more to the forefront later on in the season when its not so easy to put up 300 yard games.

You won't be saying that when the Giants use NO's 2nd round pick in a few months.

11 picks. I can't wait.

You won't be saying that when the Giants use NO's 2nd round pick in a few months.

11 picks. I can't wait.

Your tune changed since the days you argued that there was no chance of him being traded. Even if Boss does nothing the whole year the Giants are a better team without Shockey. Eli became the offensive leader once they rid themselves of Shockey.

Archived