Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

RIP Rick Wright (Pink Floyd) Merged, MET

One Shot

LONDON, England (AP) -- Richard Wright, a founding member of the rock group Pink Floyd, died Monday. He was 65.

Pink Floyd's spokesman Doug Wright, who is not related to the artist, said Wright died after a battle with cancer at his home in Britain. He says the band member's family did not want to give more details about his death.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/SHOWBIZ/Music/09/15/obit.wright.ap/index.html

LONDON, England (AP) -- Richard Wright, a founding member of the rock group Pink Floyd, died Monday. He was 65.

Pink Floyd's spokesman Doug Wright, who is not related to the artist, said Wright died after a battle with cancer at his home in Britain. He says the band member's family did not want to give more details about his death.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/SHOWBIZ/Music/09/15/obit.wright.ap/index.html

Remember Dark Side of the Moon w/Wizard of OZ up at the Yee's in Cleveland?

RIP

Is it really selfish of me to be disappointed that this severely limits the chances that I'll ever get to see my favorite band play live?

I agree....Hope u got to enjoy them on their last tour "Divison Bell"...I was always hoping they would patch things up with Waters and make one more mega tour. Hell they could of done it even w/out Waters...But yea I would love to see them one more time.

RIP. September 15th was the release of Wish You Were Here in the UK.

I hope Roger comes out and says the right things even through their tiffs....

ey81.jpg

So true....Although they were all on stage together during that Live Aid Reunion thing last summer...It was short but sweet (had hoped that would of been the start of a reunion but not to be)

A sad day for me as Pink is my favorite band. Shine on you Richard!

Shine your own Richard. :D

Indeed a shame. I always thought it was his keyboards that gave Floyd their distinctive sound. Gilmour is great, Waters lyrics are great, but it was those haunting keys that set them apart. They were subtle, subdued, not loud & overbearing like, say Rick Wakeman or Keith Emerson.

Just enough to paint the scene.

RIP

~Bang

Archived