Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

RIP Rick Wright (Pink Floyd) Merged, MET

One Shot

I have very, very few legitimate regrets in my life.

I'm 50 years old and I have slowly, over the years come to appreciate that I have led something of a charmed life, but.....

I gave away my ticket to see Floyd perform The Wall at London's Albert Hall with my best friends in '79 because my girlfriend didn't like them and DIDN"T WANT ME TO GO!!! I did what I thought was the right thing at the time (spineless shmuck), but.....

Little more than a year later she was history and I have regretted that decision to my very core ever since. I can't think or hear Floyd without remembering that woeful choice.

Far away across the fields

A tolling on the iron bell

Calls the faithful to their knees

To remember Richard Wright .................. who played so well :D

RIP Ric.

:helmet:

I have very, very few legitimate regrets in my life.

I'm 50 years old and I have slowly, over the years come to appreciate that I have led something of a charmed life, but.....

I gave away my ticket to see Floyd perform The Wall at London's Albert Hall with my best friends in '79 because my girlfriend didn't like them and DIDN"T WANT ME TO GO!!! I did what I thought was the right thing at the time (spineless shmuck), but.....

Little more than a year later she was history and I have regretted that decision to my very core ever since. I can't think or hear Floyd without remembering that woeful choice.

Far away across the fields

A tolling on the iron bell

Calls the faithful to their knees

To remember Richard Wright .................. who played so well :D

RIP Ric.

:helmet:

Can i slap you...:laugh:....That might of been the greatest show they ever performed.

Animals.

Nuff Said.

I prefer Wish Your Were Here. But they all are good.

Is it really selfish of me to be disappointed that this severely limits the chances that I'll ever get to see my favorite band play live?

I felt the same way after hearing the news. I didn't really get into Pink Floyd until after the Division Bell tour, so I never had the chance to see them live. I was hoping after Live 8 that they would do a tour, but I never really thought that it would happen. Maybe this will make Waters and Gilmour realize how petty their differences really are....

One of teh only band...probably the only band....that I would pay crazy money to see.

I have two that I would pay crazy money to see:

1. Floyd

2. Zeppelin

Shine your own Richard. :D

Indeed a shame. I always thought it was his keyboards that gave Floyd their distinctive sound. Gilmour is great, Waters lyrics are great, but it was those haunting keys that set them apart. They were subtle, subdued, not loud & overbearing like, say Rick Wakeman or Keith Emerson.

Just enough to paint the scene.

RIP

~Bang

One of my favorite all-time life moments was watching a Moon rise over an Arkansas mountain. Everything in this whole valley was a gentle blue color as the full Moon rose slowly, majestically to occupy the sky in front of me and some friends. We had "Wish You Were Here" playing on the boom-box, and Wright's haunting, insightful keyboard parts were simply perfect for both the album and that particular night. Gilmour's playing on that album always blew me away, but Wright, I think, really hit his stride on "Wish You Were Here."

One of my favorite all-time life moments was watching a Moon rise over an Arkansas mountain. Everything in this whole valley was a gentle blue color as the full Moon rose slowly, majestically to occupy the sky in front of me and some friends. We had "Wish You Were Here" playing on the boom-box, and Wright's haunting, insightful keyboard parts were simply perfect for both the album and that particular night. Gilmour's playing on that album always blew me away, but Wright, I think, really hit his stride on "Wish You Were Here."

I don't think it gets any better than the backdrop he creates along with Roger's bassline in Sheep. Way ahead of its time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGurfyISnN8

Archived