Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Warning for those going to the game it will be hot as hell

Walking Deadman

It was hot here today too.

My kid had his Pop Warner game today, and the QB of the opposing team got really sick b/c of the heat. Thank God one of the Kids on our team has a dad who's a doctor. Poor kid. He told his coaches he didn't feel good, so they gave him gatorade and a hotdog. Five minutes later he was projectile vomiting all over the field. He's ok though. He just needed the AC and some fluids.

BTW- My kids team won!! WOOHOO! They are undefeated. My son played center today-which he HATED. He normally plays linebacker (which he loves) b/c he loves to tackle people and his favorite player is MW, but in pop warner they switch you around to learn all the positions. So he was at center and as soon as he would knock the little kid on the ground, he would run down field full speed trying to block for the RB. His coaches kept yelling at him telling him to come back and to not go anywhere after he blocked his guy. Well, That wasn't working for DJ (my son). He was all over the field. Center is definitely not his thing. It was funny!

Sorry, just had to tell that story to you guys.

It was hot here today too.

My kid had his Pop Warner game today, and the QB of the opposing team got really sick b/c of the heat. Thank God one of the Kids on our team has a dad who's a doctor. Poor kid. He told his coaches he didn't feel good, so they gave him gatorade and a hotdog. Five minutes later he was projectile vomiting all over the field...

<puts down hot dog and gatorade>

Ooookay...uh, thanks, brandy. Now back to you guys in the booth - :silly:

Just got back from the VT game, saw this thread, and I had to comment. Guys, the sun is insane. I had facepaint on and I swear my face is permanently colored maroon and orange cause the sun baked it into my face. I was sweating balls haha. Make sure to DRINK WATER and/or (preferably "and") alcohol and liquids to keep hydrated, there was a **** ton of heat injuries I saw today. AND GET LOUD AND HAVE FUN!!!!

Just got back from the VT game, saw this thread, and I had to comment. Guys, the sun is insane. I had facepaint on and I swear my face is permanently colored maroon and orange cause the sun baked it into my face. I was sweating balls haha. Make sure to DRINK WATER and/or (preferably "and") alcohol and liquids to keep hydrated, there was a **** ton of heat injuries I saw today. AND GET LOUD AND HAVE FUN!!!!

I went to the U of R vs. Towson game today, and there were a few fans getting sick from the heat, too.

It helps to keep hydrated. Keep the alcohol down to a minimum. Not saying to cut them out completely, but don't rely on alcohol alone. Sunblock and fluids should make the experience much more enjoyable.

I'll be there!

Well no authentic jersey for me tomorrow, at least in the stadium cause my seats are in the sun.

Same plan for me. I'm wearing an Under Armor running shirt with my fitted red

"R" coach hat having to do for my Redskins colors. And, for the first time, I'm packing water in my cooler. :doh:

The flashbacks of last year's Miami game remain. :logo:

Pics, we want pics.

To those at the game - stay cool. One thing that always helps me is a wet towel on the neck. Take three or four of them.

It'll be nice in section 221, row 21 of the cave. I'll be under cover out of the sun. Usually a nice breeze when you're two rows from the top. Kangaroo tv will be in hand so I won't miss a thing. I'll be Heaven.

I can usually smell the sunburnt flesh of Caucasion humanity when I'm out on the councourse during these sunny Sept. games.

Another season opener another hot ass day. It was mighty hot for the Dolphins game last season as well. Leave it up to the Redskins to bring in a heat wave.

The past two weeks we've had temps in the 80's and haven't seen a 100 degree day since June. Damn that global warning, damn it to hell. :)

Yeah I'm hoping for temps in the 60's or 70's next week for the Cards game. :fingersx:

To those going to this one....drink water along with the booze. :thumbsup:

I second your :fingersx:

:cheers:

*edit* BTW, just checked the long-range forecast, and they're saying a high of 74 with scattered showers next week.

Archived