Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins trivia

corrupt3d

Most will know this if they have watched the History of the Redskins DVD.

Cliff Battles was the leading rusher in the NFL but did not return due to a contract dispute with George Preston Marshall. Cliff Battles wanted more money but Marshall would not budge. What was the amount?

Battles would not play professional football again.

$3000/year

In the first 70 seasons of the Washington Redskin franchise from 1932-2002, what WR caught 20 touchdown passes in a season?

$3000/year

In the first 70 seasons of the Washington Redskin franchise from 1932-2002, what WR caught 20 touchdown passes in a season?

trick question, the most touchdowns caught in a season for the skins is 12, tied by a few folks I believe.

Slingin' Sammy holds a few NFL records to this day. Name one that has nothing to do with the QB position (i.e. passing yards, completions, touchdowns, etc.)

trick question, the most touchdowns caught in a season for the skins is 12, tied by a few folks I believe.

Slingin' Sammy holds a few NFL records to this day. Name one that has nothing to do with the QB position (i.e. passing yards, completions, touchdowns, etc.)

Punting yards average (around 45-46 yards per punt I think)

Who was the first Redskins running back to rush for 1500 yards in a season?

Jeff Rutledge.

What did Joe Theismann do at the end of a victory against the Cowboys on MNF in 1978?

He ran out the game clock by running out of the back of our own end zone while holding the ball up for a safety.

Who are the 4 Redskins coaches in the hall of fame (this does not include Lombardi)

Archived