Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins trivia

corrupt3d

Okay, we've got...Ray Flaherty, Otto Graham, George Allen, and Joe Gibbs; I think.

Close. It's kind of a trick question. Instead of Otto it's Wayne Millner, who was a player-coach at the time. Otto was actually only 17-22-3 as our coach.

At the end of the annual pre season Luncheon, George Preston Marshall would lead the attendees in a rendition of a famous, American song. What song is it?

The Confederate Army song "Dixie" I think.

Wide Receivers Gary Clark and Ricky Sanders got their start in pro football in the USFL which which respective teams?

Close. It's kind of a trick question. Instead of Otto it's Wayne Millner, who was a player-coach at the time. Otto was actually only 17-22-3 as our coach.

Wide Receivers Gary Clark and Ricky Sanders got their start in pro football in the USFL which which respective teams?

I think Curly Lambeau is another coach that was inducted as well. 1952-53. Was inducted to HOF in 1963 when the HOF was opened. He's what they call a "charter member".

The Confederate Army song "Dixie" I think.

Sanders - Houston Gamblers; Clark - Jacksonville Bulls

I think Curly Lambeau is another coach that was inducted as well. 1952-53. Was inducted to HOF in 1963 when the HOF was opened. He's what they call a "charter member".

Damn yeah I forgot about him. He sucked for us anyways though. :pfft:

What Redskin running back was drafted in the 4th round in 1996 and set team rushing records in 1999 and 2001 until Clinton Portis broke his record in 2005?
Stephen Davis

What was Sam Huff's salary per game in NY the season prior to coming to Washington? extra points if you can cite his specific gripe about the NY Football Giants

$1,000 per game?

I know he turned down $19,000 for the '64 season.

more or less. I'm dying to share the extra points answer :D

Huff was dissatisfied with the Giants because they made him pay transportation costs to games himself (along with the whole team), even in NYC on the subway.

edit: so what's your question striker?

Yessirr! Ouch, Troy was running down the sidlines and POW!

Well then. Who holds the record for the redskin's longest kick off return?

As that's a somewhat lame question, an easier alternative on the same theme:

Name a redskin to return a K/O for 100 yards or more.

Archived