Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins trivia

corrupt3d

Well then. Who holds the record for the redskin's longest kick off return?

Name a redskin to return a K/O for 100 yards or more.

Larry Jones 102 yards against Philly 1974

The other two who have gone over 100:

Brian Mitchell 101 yards against San Diego 1998

Rock Cartright 100 yards in Dallas 2006

(source The 2009 Redskins Media Guide)

Did we ever get the correct answer for this question? Personally I thought it was Dave Butz.

Tarpon75 got it right. Len Hauss holds the consecutive game record with 196 games. Mark Moseley is 2nd at 170 and Joey T is 3rd with 163. (source The 2009 Redskins Media Guide).

I know using the Media Guide drains the fun of these things but these questions were sort of left hanging a bit.

As for my question:

What was the nickname of the Redskins Special Teams in the late 70's/early 80's?

Scruffy, this is probably wrong, but I remember the "Wild Bunch" from that era.

You got it!!

They were the first "group" that I'm aware of and then came The Hogs, The Fun Bunch, etc.

I remember they all wore "Wild Bunch" hand towels in the front of their pants.

So you got the answer, I think you now have to provide a trivia question for the next person.

True or false, we have an all-time losing record to the Eagles

I won't look this up......I don't see how we do and thus vote false.....I'd be shocked if we've lost to the Eagles more times than we've won.

My question: In 1979 the Redskins lost the division to the Cowboys on the last game of the season when Dallas made a late comeback to win 35-34 after being down 34-21. What other unthinkable thing happened on the same day that meant the Skins didn't even make the playoffs?

new question:

True or false, we have an all-time losing record to the Eagles

False: 77-67-6 all time (including playoffs)

Who was the first Redskins inducted into the Hall of Fame and (follow up) what year was it?

Edit: my bad hail2skins, almost identical timing, must've missed your post while looking up my question.

1979 - The Bears beat the Cardinals by more than 33 points which affected the tie breaker and kept the Redskins out of the playoffs if they lost to Dallas.

Silver lining to that loss : If Skins made the playoffs in 1979, how likely would it be that Pardee gets fired after the 1980 season and we hire Gibbs in 1981??? Good point to bring up to Cowboy fans who want to gloat about that game.

Im going to guess Brillz, #46 forget his name (Woods), but he threw the final block on Green's punt return vs. Chicago (BTW he was also the only replacement player to play in the SB that year - got that from NFL Network), and Craig Mcewen(?)

Silver lining to that loss : If Skins made the playoffs in 1979, how likely would it be that Pardee gets fired after the 1980 season and we hire Gibbs in 1981??? Good point to bring up to Cowboy fans who want to gloat about that game.

It was a devastating loss but Dallas lost in their first game of the playoffs at home anyway (which turned out to be Staubach's last) so they don't have a lot to brag about.

You wonder what led to the falloff in 1980 after the good 1979 season. Was it mainly due to Riggins not being there? Seems like from looking at the stats that the offense was pretty dreadful in 1980.

Zorn's first year reminded me of Pardee's first year, and I was hoping that 2009 would turn out to be like 1979, sans a bad loss to the Cowboys. Unfortunately, we didn't even come close to that!

1979 - The Bears beat the Cardinals by more than 33 points which affected the tie breaker and kept the Redskins out of the playoffs if they lost to Dallas.

You know I have often wondered that myself.....

One was Shane Falco

shane-falco.jpg

:silly:

Sorry I don't know, that's just the first thing to pop into my head :ols:

Good answer he did get the Starting QB Job back from from Eddie Martel. :D

Anthony Allen - WR

Joe Caravello - TE

Dennis Woodberry - CB

What was Sammy Baugh's other 2 positions besides QB?

What was Sammy Baugh's other 2 positions besides QB?

Punter and defensive back.

In 1975 the Redskins played three OT games in four weeks. Name the opponents in the games and whether the Skins won or lost. Also, extra credit for telling how the Skins got royally hosed in one of the games. :mad:

Cardinals (Infamous Mel Gray no catch TD at the end of regulation- No instant replay back in the day) - Skins Lost

Dallas - Skins won (Kilmer 1 yd sneak in OT)

Raiders- Skins lost

Also, had a nail biter against the Vikes the week after the Raiders game. McDole blocked a FG late in the game to preserve a Skins win and someone stole 2 tires off our Ford Pinto when we parked in an unofficial/free parking lot at the Vikes game. We never parked there again.

Skins were 8-4 going into the last two weeks of the season and got blown out in the final 2 games.

Skins were 8-4 going into the last two weeks of the season and got blown out in the final 2 games.

What was the name of the backup QB for the Skins who threw six interceptions in those final two games? What other Skins backup QB had three INTs of his own in the last game?

What was the name of the backup QB for the Skins who threw six interceptions in those final two games? What other Skins backup QB had three INTs of his own in the last game?

Randy Johnson and the other BU that threw the 3 picks in the last game was none other than a very young Joey T.

Joe Theismann threw a single touchdown in each of his final 4 games of his career, name the players that caught them and who caught Joey T's final touchdown pass?

Archived