Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2009 Draft Preview...

SkinsAllDay34

I really like Selvie out of USF. Man like i said before he has D. Ware type potential. If we somehow got rid of marcus washington in a draft trade and acquired an extra pick or two would be good and somehow get Selvie. I would also be interested to see if we reach out to lavar and see if he is willing to help out our LB core. The dude just turned thirty...

Pretty sure arrington is all sorts of weak health-wise. He's had a lot of injuries and last I heard he couldn't really play football with his bad knees any more. I'd love to see selvie as a redskin but if we keep winning that is less and less likely to happen!

cj spiller could be a big play guy but we need defense and i dont think D line early because we have young guys (james, wilson, jackson) along with taylor, evans. So we really shouldnt spend a first rounder on a dline. I hope we trade up to get selvie because could be D. Ware for us...but that might be hard to do. So i say D back like taylor mays or malcolm jenkins but again would have to trade up. I really dont think we need to spend a early pick on o line because good ones can be found in 3rd round and so on.

• 2 months later...

whoo, i had to dig this bad boy up, the first draft thread i started. Now we know we are going to pick in the mid to late teens. I think we have to either trade up to get a stud tackle and then have less draft picks, or hope one of those many talented O linemen fall to us. There are also a good deal of LB/DE players that could be there.

I love Michael Johnson out of GT. 6'7 265lbs can really get to the passer.

We can't overhaul the team in one shot so in my opinion I'd approach it this way

FA -- sign a LB, Offensive lineman, Fix the line in one shot by breaking the bank and signing Haynsworth. According to Blache before the season, he was most interested in a push up the middle. In 05, Griffin was a monster and then we had a dangerous D. Resign Hall. I'd be cool with Hall, Rogers and Smoot at DB.

in the draft I'd go best player available: Offensive line & linebacker.

If they sign one decent up and coming offensive lineman in FA and draft 2 of them or at least one. The line would be on the way of being fixed.

Perhaps find a veteran WR FA who wouldn't break the bank

Skins have four picks. I say they shoud draft four more receivers to complement the three they drafted in 2008. Maybe some one could actually catch the ball.

I agree.

Or if we decide not to do that, we should load up on more safeties and corners. Remember you can never have too many top notch players in the secondary because if you can cover opponents receivers for 10 or 15 seconds, our defensive line may actually breath on the QB.

While I'm mocking those fans, there were actual fans who tried to justify ignoring our defensive line and drafting more players in the secondary these last two seasons with the essence of that very rational.:doh:

James Laurinaitis from The Ohio State University. I would love for him to play for us if we do end up with a high draft pick.

No. God no. See "Barbie Carpenter" Wasted pick. Draft Four Defensive Linemen consecutively. Period. Then draft a punter. Anything other than this is an enormous mistake.

My wants

1. Andre Smith

2. Micheal Oher

3. Micheal Johnson

4. Duke Robinson

5. Aaron Curry

6. Eugene Monroe

7. Jason Smith

8. Sen'derrick Marks

9. Terrence Cody

I wouldn't be upset with any of those picks....

We are not going to be close in getting Smith, Oher, or Monroe unless we trade up into the top 10. All will probably go in the top 5- to 10.

Andre Smith, OT Alabama (Jr.)

Alex Boone, OT Ohio State

Jason Smith, OT, Baylor

Alex Mack, C, California

Russell Okung, OT, Oklahoma State

Andy Levitre, G, Oregon State

Andrew Hartline, OT, Central Michigan

After we draft O-Line:

Greg Hardy, DE, Ole Miss

Sen'Derrick Marks, DT, Auburn

Mike Mickens, CB, Cincinnati

Victor Harris, CB, Virginia Tech

Clay Matthews, OLB, USC

Darius Butler, CB, Connecticut

Connor Barwin, DE, Cincinnati

Phillip Hunt, DE, Houston

Donald Brown, RB, Connecticut

Rashad Jennings, RB, Liberty

P.J. Hill, RB, Wisconsin

One of those OG/OT will be there. I say stay put and add an extra 1st (somehow, even if it meant trading the rest of our picks. With the two picks get an OT and C (Mack)

Let Kendall go, let Rabach go, let Jansen go.

Samuels/Rhinehart/Mack/Thomas/OT

In FA go fix the D line. Haynsworth would increase the push up the middle we need that is lacking, that is a reason why our ends cant get to the QB.

OR...

Sign Gross from the Panthers, Resign Hall, let everyone else go like i said earlier. Get an extra 1st and go D lineman. Cody from Alabama is a monster, Raji from BC.

Either one is fine by me.

If we had a second round pick, I'd like to pick up Terrence Cody. The guy is a physical freak. I think it would be too much of a reach in the first round (considering we'll be drafting in the top half :rolleyes:). Trade down for 2 seconds, pick up a Guard and Terrence Cody.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=82264&draftyear=2010&genpos=DT

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/andy_staples/09/25/cody/index.html?eref=T1

Archived