Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2009 Draft Preview...

SkinsAllDay34

How do you expect to get Nnamdi AND Haynesworth. Then get Mays AND Johnson? Madden much?

LOL...I knew that sounded unreasonable. But hear me out...we have signed two big FA's before and we always find ways to make cap room. Plus we will have a decent amount after all our 09 FAs go off the books, granted we have to resign some of them:

Pete Kendall (Let him go and have Rhinehart fill in)

Demetric Evans (IDK we could let him go, but we could keep him)

Kedric Golston (tough decision)

Anthony Montgomery (see Golston)

Khary Campbell (ST keeper)

Leigh Torrence (let him go and sign Nnamdi Asomugha)

Reed Doughty (sorry all you reed lovers but he has got to go)

We would probably have enough to give Asomugha a good deal. BTW I didnt say sign Asomugha AND Haynesworth, I said POSSIBLY. IF we had enough cap room to do it I would. But that would probably result in letting either Kedric and Monty go. Then Draft Mays and the whole Johnson thing was a stretch I KNOW but people slip into the second round and if we see someone slip and move up to get him (Rocky Mcintosh).

Ok guys, this isn't '09 draft related but, Isaiah Gardner was released by the Jags to make room for some OLinemen they desperately need. Would he be worth adding to our practice squad? Is he better than Westbrook or Richardson, or could he just take the place of Broughton since we could release him and it's doubtful anyone would pick him up.

the top cb from the ohio state would be my first player. having good cb's allows you to bring the rest into shutting down running backs and scrambling qb's.i need to get to work on getting to know olineman and lb. i have said that if we are going to rebuild this team it would be faster if we just completely start over and trade all that we can for draft picks and or younger players. it's not an easy descion but we need to be honest. moss is in his late 20's and randle is like 28. our offensive line needs an over haul. rt, rg, c , lg. the bucs have a great young line. if i heard a right guard out of oklahoma a rg is not starting. trade for him. we need youth bigtime.but we also need cb, lb and dline. fact is that this team is old in alot of area's. unless this team just snaps back into place and they start playing as a team then they can make some noise. but can someone please tell me when all the cap stuff will settle itself out. i mean i keep waiting for all this cap space to return to us and it keeps walkin away. starting over would give us that as well. then we could draft for most of our needs and then pick up a smattering of good young fa.but we can't now because our cap is soo out of control.we've got cap issues and age working against us. maybe it's time to cut losses and trade away the people want for the best draft and/or players we can get and start over.and if done right within two to three years we could be scary. of coarse it has to be done right.but it can be done pretty quickly.i'm fed up with middle of the pack. i want teams to be be afraid of having to play the skins.i miss the way the 80's skins where respected and were a force and a legitamate contender.

LOL...I knew that sounded unreasonable. But hear me out...we have signed two big FA's before and we always find ways to make cap room. Plus we will have a decent amount after all our 09 FAs go off the books, granted we have to resign some of them:

Pete Kendall (Let him go and have Rhinehart fill in)

Demetric Evans (IDK we could let him go, but we could keep him)

Kedric Golston (tough decision)

Anthony Montgomery (see Golston)

Khary Campbell (ST keeper)

Leigh Torrence (let him go and sign Nnamdi Asomugha)

Reed Doughty (sorry all you reed lovers but he has got to go)

We would probably have enough to give Asomugha a good deal. BTW I didnt say sign Asomugha AND Haynesworth, I said POSSIBLY. IF we had enough cap room to do it I would. But that would probably result in letting either Kedric and Monty go. Then Draft Mays and the whole Johnson thing was a stretch I KNOW but people slip into the second round and if we see someone slip and move up to get him (Rocky Mcintosh).

We dont have a second round pick for starters.

see the sig;)

I would probably agree. I think the one philosophy that is proven time after time to lead to success is building the Lines build winning franchises. You can have great receivers, but if you don't have time to get the ball in their hands what good are they. You can have great corners, but they will eventually get picked apart as well if the opposing QB has all the time in the world.

If Snyder is truly intent on winning, I think he should try the one thing he has not yet, build dominant lines. See what happens. Duke Robinson would be a good start.

As far as tackle goes I def. like Michael Oher better than Eugene Monroe even though Monroe is a very solid player. In my opinion Rey Maualuga is the best prospect in the draft and since MLB is such an important position in the NFL I'm not sure I would mind getting him early.

However, after watching our first game a few things became apparent. We definitely need a DT that can clog up that middle. I would love to see us get Albert Haynesworth in the offseason since the Titans franchised him last year so he'll be available at the end of this year. If we go DT in the draft I wouldn't mind seeing us get USC DT Fili Moala although he has been projected as a 2nd rounder so far.

We also need some youth on the Oline as we are getting very old. We have to stop trying to be a run first team if we have the smallest Oline in the NFL. Championships are won on the lines and we need to start fixing both of our lines up immediately.

At center Alex Mack (and not from the 90's Nickelodeon show) is an absolute stud. There are plenty of tackles available including Oher, Monroe, Andre Smith from Alabama, Ciron Black from LSU, Phil Loadholt from OU, and Jason Smith from Baylor. Duke Robinson is a beast at G for OU as well. Regardless, there is plenty of talent on the OLine that will be available in the first round and I think we owe it to ourselves to really address the need.

WR is stacked in this years draft which makes me kind of look back at our past draft and wonder if taking two was such a great idea. However, Kelly and Thomas will be a year ahead of any WR drafted in this years draft and they take away the need of us having to use a top round pick on the position.

Please God, to all those people saying that we should draft Brian Cushing please take a look at his injury history, the pictures of him from senior year of high school where he was off steroids for a short stint after he got hurt and had the flabbiest pecks ever, and all the rumors from people who went to high school with him that not only did he take steroids but that he stacked Deca and Winstrol. Brian Cushing kind of feels like Andy Katzenmoyer all over again to me. Now granted a lot of that stuff is hear say rumors his injury history suggests to me that it is not.

We need to take the best available offensive lineman with our early pick as long as they haven't all been taken early like in last years draft. Rinehart was a good pick where we got him but all others would have been stretches earlier.

If there is a stud Dlineman or stud corner (Malcolm Jenkins) then we should go in the direction. I'd hold off on LB and definately would not take Laurenitus.

RB is not an option but depending on the development of Campbell and his future with this organization, Matt Stafford could be an option as well.

Its not that I dont think we should draft a O lineman, but dont do it in the first round. That means ur gonna give first round money to an O lineman which I think is stupid. Look at Derrick Dockery, and countless other linemen who wernt drafted in the first couple rounds and have been productive. We got rinehart and i think tackle is where you go but do it again in the 3rd or 4th round. I say CB, S, or maybe LB...and if there is somebody on the board that you cant pass up (Crabtree) at a position that you may not need, I would take him.

Our greatest needs next offseason are going to be CB, DT, and SLB because the FA class of 2004 (Springs, Washington, and Griffin) are just not worth their contracts anymore. Griffin has not been a stud since 2005 and he is pretty average right now. Washington is the worst of our LB corps now and the hip injuries have caught up to him. I question how effectively Springs will be as a corner in 2009 when he is 34 and he is a malcontent anyway.

We are set on the OLine with Rinehardt and Brown replacing Kendall and Thomas next season.

Its not that I dont think we should draft a O lineman, but dont do it in the first round. That means ur gonna give first round money to an O lineman which I think is stupid. Look at Derrick Dockery, and countless other linemen who wernt drafted in the first couple rounds and have been productive. We got rinehart and i think tackle is where you go but do it again in the 3rd or 4th round. I say CB, S, or maybe LB...and if there is somebody on the board that you cant pass up (Crabtree) at a position that you may not need, I would take him.

I don't agree w/ this mindset at all. I think OL or LB is the best way to go for the first round this draft. OL even more so. Forget trying to find someone that is merely productive, we need another franchise type tackle to start builiding the trenches again. Our oldest and seemingly washed up group on the team needs to be revitalized. Rhinehart was a good guard, I see him becoming a great guard for us. But RT is a major need for us.

LB is another major need for this team, but I feel as if a pretty damn good one can be nabbed in rounds 3-5 if your scouting is adequate (GO MOROCCO). But hopefully our scout team does its homework and has a great strategy. I did really like way I saw from Ray Malaluga (sp?) tonight.

well the OSU USC game was not as good as advertised...haha. Maualuga is a beast, the whole USC defense could be first rounders and their offense is awsome. I like Malcolm Jenkins from Ohio State and Lauranitus (sp) didnt impress in tonights game.

Laurinitus looked good on a defense that was severely outmatched by the USC offense.

Jenkins was abused all night by USC's larger WR's. Does not bode well for his NFL career.

Though I wish Sean Taylor was still here playing for the Skins I couldn't help but notice this kid from USC that reminds me of Sean. Taylor Mays laided out Ohio State's QB and then let him know about. He has a similar body type and attitude like Sean. What do you think of this kid and could we use him?

Bio:

http://usctrojans.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/mays_taylor00.html

YouTube Video:

Archived