Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2009 Draft Preview...

SkinsAllDay34

lets hold off on drafting a CB/Safety for a year. We can draft Eric Berry out of Tennesse in a year! If he declares for the draft after his junior year (which he will looking at the pace he's on now).

Shoot, if our QB sucks, we may in running for the Tebow Sweepstakes.

Since we really only have a 1st, and a 3rd, I think, I'm all for drafting best DE and OL. Also, a later round RB to watch for is Arian Foster of Tennessee. Although, his stock could really skyrocket this year and he may end up being a 2nd rounder.

I do like the idea of James Laurenaitus, but I'd still rather go best available DE. That too a big DE that can play more downs than our current rotation. We should have pass rush depth between Wilson and James, but a big guy opposite of Carter will be solid.

All the James Laurinaitis love needs to be cooled down lol. He would be a HORRIBLE fit here. James is a great fit for a Tampa 2 defense where the 3rd LB plays a hybrid 3rd S/LB position. If you want an LB you gotta go Rey Rey all day. Maualuga is hands down the best LB prospect in the draft. If we are picking that high it will be a tough decision. We have Fletcher who can still ball for another 3-5 years. If Seau did it so can Fletcher. Rey is also a MLB. I would think he is too good of a prospect to pass up and we might transition him outside. Sean Lee would also be a better pick IMO then Laurinaitis. Lee is not playing his senior year because of injury. He is not injury prone it was a freak accident. He is the next good LB from LB U. Posluzney, Conner and now Lee. He would be a great value pick in the 3rd.

lets hold off on drafting a CB/Safety for a year. We can draft Eric Berry out of Tennesse in a year! If he declares for the draft after his junior year (which he will looking at the pace he's on now).

Shoot, if our QB sucks, we may in running for the Tebow Sweepstakes.

Since we really only have a 1st, and a 3rd, I think, I'm all for drafting best DE and OL. Also, a later round RB to watch for is Arian Foster of Tennessee. Although, his stock could really skyrocket this year and he may end up being a 2nd rounder.

I do like the idea of James Laurenaitus, but I'd still rather go best available DE. That too a big DE that can play more downs than our current rotation. We should have pass rush depth between Wilson and James, but a big guy opposite of Carter will be solid.

I think we need a CB this year. Can't really wait for your favorite player to come out or mature. Rogers really never panned out, Smoot is more of a nickle and Springs may retire.

We should stay the hell away from Tim Tebow. He has Andre Ware written all over him.

Laurenaitus will face his biggest test this week against USC. Still not sold on him nor am I even close to advocating drafting LB's this next year. We have bigger issues to go after.

Alex Boone, OT, Ohio State

Ciron Black, OT, LSU

Eugene Monroe, OT, Virginia

Michael Oher, OT, Ole Miss

Phil Loadholt, OT, Oklahoma

Herman Johnson, G, LSU

Duke Robinson, G, Oklahoma

Louis Vasquez, OG, Texas Tech

Kraig Urbik, G, Wisconsin

Xavier Fulton, OT, Illinois

George Selvie, DE, South Florida

Tyson Jackson, DE, LSU

Fili Moala, DT, USC

Greg Hardy, DE, Ole Miss

Vince Oghobaase, DT, Duke

Jeff Owens, DT, Georgia

Sen'Derrick Marks, DT, Auburn

Greg Middleton, DE, Indiana

Tim Jamison, DE, Michigan

Peria Jerry, DT, Ole Miss

Matt Shaughnessy, DE, Wisconsin

Malcolm Jenkins, CB, Ohio State

Myron Rolle, SS/FS, Florida State

Taylor Mays, SS/FS, USC

Vontae Davis, CB, Illinois

William Moore, FS/SS, Missouri

Kam Chancellor, SS, Virginia Tech

Mike Mickens, CB, Cincinnati

D.J. Moore, CB, Vanderbilt

Patrick Chung, SS, Oregon

Victor Harris, CB, Virginia Tech

Courtney Greene, SS/FS, Rutgers

Michael Hamlin, SS, Clemson

Myron Rolle? Ewwww I just threw up a little bit in my mouth. This kid has not put anything together as far as talent goes. There is even talk of moving him to OLB because he is not an NFL safety.

Tebow is a great individual but he has a long way to go to be a NFL QB. I think it would be a huge mistake if he came out this year. The QB class this year is horrible. If you think we need a new franchise QB then this year is NOT the year to make that move.

Myron Rolle? Ewwww I just threw up a little bit in my mouth. This kid has not put anything together as far as talent goes. There is even talk of moving him to OLB because he is not an NFL safety.

I'm just saying he's a 1-3rd round prospect. If he pans out, great. If not, meh.

our dream of the top safety duo for years to come was shattered when ST was killed. If we had a chance to redeem that, then we have to get Taylor Mays if he is available. The kid is like a physical replica of ST. He is a little taller, just as fast and can still get better which is scary. His only weakness they say is that he goes for the knockout blow too much...but wasnt that ST's only weakness coming out of College, the same with LL.

Laron Landry and Taylor Mays together would be a legit top safety duo...but it comes down to how Mays produces this season and how he transitions to the NFL.

our dream of the top safety duo for years to come was shattered when ST was killed. If we had a chance to redeem that, then we have to get Taylor Mays if he is available. The kid is like a physical replica of ST. He is a little taller, just as fast and can still get better which is scary. His only weakness they say is that he goes for the knockout blow too much...but wasnt that ST's only weakness coming out of College, the same with LL.

Laron Landry and Taylor Mays together would be a legit top safety duo...but it comes down to how Mays produces this season and how he transitions to the NFL.

I think LL will have a phenomenal year, but I don't believe Taylor will be as quick to the take as LL and ST were. IT'll take him some time, but he COULD be a stud.

Taylor Mays will be gone in the top 10 picks, so unless you think the Skins will really suck this year, there is not much of a chance to get him. And if the Skins DO end up picking that high, wouldn't you think a O-lineman would be a better pickup for this team?

I dont think O Line should be adressed that high. I mean we got Rhinehart last year in the 3rd and he looks pretty good for the future. Also Heyer is getting alot of reps early in his career and looks decent, so why waste a first rounder and have to pay big money to a guy that we arnt sure of.

It would be very unwise to use our first rounder on a safety, esp considering our front 7 looks soft and we have no 2nd rounder.

I agree but if we are in a position where an OL or DL is a reach at that point and we are looking at a top S and we cant trade back then why not?

I dont think O Line should be adressed that high. I mean we got Rhinehart last year in the 3rd and he looks pretty good for the future. Also Heyer is getting alot of reps early in his career and looks decent, so why waste a first rounder and have to pay big money to a guy that we arnt sure of.

Rhinehart was drafted to play guard, probably replacing Kendall. We should draft an OT becuz they anchor your offense and the prospects translate a lot more consistently being taken in the first round than most positions.

I like Heyer, works hard, good attitude. But he doesn't have enough talent to play the run effective enough to anchor a potent NFL offense. I like him as depth but don't see him as a beast on the other bookend of the offensive line.

I think we need a CB this year. Can't really wait for your favorite player to come out or mature. Rogers really never panned out, Smoot is more of a nickle and Springs may retire.

I agree. I was against it for this draft but unless Springs stays an extra year we need a #1 CB.

I like Malcolm Jenkins the most so far, but that's because I've seen both Ohio State games so far for some reason.

Maurice Evans out of Penn State, 268 pound DE, 12.5 sacks last year. Now that I have my homerism out of the way, I'd like to see Tyson Jackson in out uniform, depending on how high our pick is. But I'm in the tank for O-line/D-Line picks this year.

Say no to the pot head

well if we get cornerback via free agency that would change what we would do drafting wise. I like that guy with a weird name from Oakland. But if Mays is on the board, I dont think you can pass that up. Going back to the 04 draft...we liked Winslow but ST was just too good of a talent to pass up.

We should stay the hell away from Tim Tebow. He has Andre Ware written all over him.

Laurenaitus will face his biggest test this week against USC. Still not sold on him nor am I even close to advocating drafting LB's this next year. We have bigger issues to go after.

I still think Rogers can be solid. Smoot is still a solid #2 guy. We could use another good CB, but I'd rather draft a later round prospect to groom again (that isn't short and sucky like Tryon). Good CB's have been found not in the first round before.

As for Tebow, I disagree. Being a Tennessee fan, I have no care for Tebow, but the guy has shown enough to be a solid NFL QB. Plus his image in the NFL would only bolster it. Not only could he be the next "golden boy" but he's probably got the best character out of any signal caller in the league. He won't even need to run as much this year due to Florida's running game. I equate him to being a better version of Ben Roethlisberger or Daunte Culpepper.

I really could care less about any other great picks, but I still think we need some new DE, a bigger run stopping type.

if crabtree was on the board when we picked should we pass him up. I was just curious because ya, we drafted 2 wideouts in the 08 draft but he is a cant miss prospect. If Devin Thomas and Kelly fill their potential, and we added crabtree...look at this threesome:

Crabtree, Thomas, Kelly...haha that would be sweet but its highly unlikely

Taylor Mays, he could replace that bum Doughty and we'd have a formidable safety tandem. I wouldn't be opposed to Oline or Dline either. Also Malcom Jenkins is a monster at CB, there's some good talent this year, hopefully Vinny doesn't botch it. Of course we could get Asomugha in FA and focus on the lines in the 1st round, that would be ideal:D

Archived