Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2009 Draft Preview...

SkinsAllDay34

Watching the Pack and Vikes go at it tonight, two of the stronger teams in the NFC, I couldn't help but notice that both teams have quickly rebuilt themselves through superior attention to the men in the trenches. It's not rocket science Snyder, PLEASE starting focusing on the D and O lines!

Is Asomugha a free agent this season? Im pretty Sure Roy williams (reciever), is, I really wouldnt mind getting those two and drafting O line and D line. That would be amazing.

the raiders franchised asomugha. he is the only free agent that i want us to get this year. after that we need to spend every pick on our lines. we definitely need a dominant dt but i am willing to forgo de help for a year to see what we have in erasmus james but if that experiment fails then we need to go de first pick in 2010.

like someone else said the whole D line thing is overblown. We have 2 young guys in wilson and James who we still have to see more of but at least Wilson has shown he can get the the qb and James is still feeling his way back. Even Jackson the 7th rounder showed some potential in the preseason so I think we got to be patient with those guys for now and Carter isnt that old and JT is gonna be here for at least one more year. The oline I dont think should be addressed in the 1st round because of the money factor and getting someone in the third is a better option.

maybe vinny can work magic and keep our first rounder and get back into the first or second with a trade. We could then address two needs early. I think we should try hard to sign Asomugha and maybe even Dawan landry, but Taylor Mays is tempting. Also Roy Williams is out there and TJ WHO IS YOUR MAMA. But aside from that I think if mays is there, get him, then if we sign asomugha, we dont need a CB so, we draft a lineman either O or D, but with a early pick on a lineman i am opposed to giving big money to an unproven guy at least at that position so maybe go another WR like Aaron Kelly who is a big 6'5 and has hands like Malcolm kelly and has no injury history.

I also agree if we cant trade back and Crabtree or Heyward-Bey is still there I wouldn't be the slightest bit upset if we took one of them.

Well Crabtree is a cant miss and even though we have thomas and kelly, Crabtree wouldnt hurt. As a freshmen he showed what he could do in the big 12. But Heyward Bey reminds me too much of Troy Williamson: kinda tall, game changing speed but not much else, just a homerun hitter and Williamson is almost out of the league already. (he barely made the Jags roster)

Ray Maluauga Will be a STAR. He is the best defensive player in college football. He big, fast, he hits like a truck seriously. Just ask Juice Williams and UVA's QB. Unfortunately we would have to be really bad to get him. Plus MLB isn't our biggest need. I still think we can make the playoffs this year, so I have no clue where we could be picking.

With that said these are my guys:

Ray Maluauga

Malcolm Jenkins

Taylor Mays

James Laurinaitis

Vontae Davis

Macho Harris

Michael Johnson

George Selvie

Longshots:

Chris Wells(I no we don't need him, but If we are in the top 3 I couldn't pass on him. He is a SUPERSTAR.)

Tim Tebow(If Campbell is horrible He could be an option. I think he fits a WCO perfectly)

Before we put who we would like to draft, we have to first think about what our needs are.

Priorities:

1) Defensive Tackle - Griffin/Montgomery/Gholston are not worthy to be starters in this league IMO. We were getting ZERO push from our front 4 last Thursday.

Would love to take 2 DT's with our first two picks.

2) Offensive Line - RT, Heyer is not a force in the run game but has decent pass protection,. He is not nothing but a backup IMO.

I would want to draft a RT after 2 DT's.

3) Safety - None of the safetys playing with LL are worthy of starting.

4) Outside linebacker - Depending on how Blades is (im assuming he can play MLB, even though he is undersized), we need to find a replacement for Washington. I believe that he has been on steady decline since last season.

5) Center - Rabach is past his prime. Have to consider this a position of need.

I do not believe we have to pick up a #1 CB like some people do. I think our secondary can play well through this year and the next year. We could move Springs to safety which I wouldnt mind at all. If he did move to S, then I would put Cornerbacks as our 3rd priority.

tim tebow..? seriously? come on...

i think it depends on what happens to nnamdi asomugha gets tagged in the offseason. if not.. we should make a strong move for him. if not, this is a corner rich first round. 3 or 4 solid #1 corners out there. if we have a top 10 pick, we get one of the great corners.. preferably vernon's little borther. if it's between 10 and 20, we get a LB. late round we go O line (unless there's a stud in the early goings).

everyone who's looking safety- cam chancellor. the kid is sick. he's a hard hitter and a leader. something landry is not. cancellor covers a lot of ground and makes tackles. something doughty does not. we need the kid. he's not an immediate starter, but something like kenny phillips. won't start but will play- start by mid-season.

other than that it should go by the board. no WR or TE, obviously. no qb (unless there's a total breakdown this year). DL and OL can be good anywhere. look at heyer. LB should be chosen 3rd-5th. we desperately need depth and strength. fletcher is old, washington is brittle, mcintosh is not a sure tackle yet. we need that with our OLBs.

i'm not hating on any of our players, but we need depth and youth at several positions. it's time to develop several replacements...

this dude....we should sign him as a field goal blocker.

no but seriously does anyone think that there is someone tall enough with a long enough wingspan that could block a high percentage of field goals...that to me would be worth more then a rob jackson, considering how many games the skins lose by 3 points or less.

this dude....we should sign him as a field goal blocker.

no but seriously does anyone think that there is someone tall enough with a long enough wingspan that could block a high percentage of field goals...that to me would be worth more then a rob jackson, considering how many games the skins lose by 3 points or less.

didn't someone want to try this w/ Wilt Chamberlain?

Great post...I love draft talk. Im going to be realistic and say the Redskins will draft somewhere in the middle. Therefore guys like Laurenaitus, Selvie, Maualuga, Oher, etc. will be gone. So, we should look at these prospects:

1. Ciron Black, OT - LSU

2. Tyson Jackson, DE - LSU

3. Fili Moala, DT - USC

4. Taylor Mayes, S - USC

5. Duke Robinson, G - Oklahoma

6. Vontae Davis, CB - Illinois

7. William Moore, S/KR - Missouri

8. Alex Mack, C - California

9. Greg Hardy, DE - Mississippi

10. D.J. Moore, CB - Vanderbilt

All these guys should be available in the middle to late first round.

if we do have a poor year, and since we don't have a second rounder next year...I would like to see us trade down and get best ol/dl available, and then best player available (non WR) at that point. One guy that interests me is CJ Spiller out of Clemson (RB) Yes I know we are loaded at RB but they are both (Portis and Betts) getting up there in terms of age for RB's, and Spiller is more of a change of pace guy that is scary. He returns kicks and could provide us with a Joe Washington type scat back...That being said...I would still take a DL or another OL with second pick if we were able to trade down

maybe vinny can work magic and keep our first rounder and get back into the first or second with a trade. We could then address two needs early. I think we should try hard to sign Asomugha and maybe even Dawan landry, but Taylor Mays is tempting. Also Roy Williams is out there and TJ WHO IS YOUR MAMA. But aside from that I think if mays is there, get him, then if we sign asomugha, we dont need a CB so, we draft a lineman either O or D, but with a early pick on a lineman i am opposed to giving big money to an unproven guy at least at that position so maybe go another WR like Aaron Kelly who is a big 6'5 and has hands like Malcolm kelly and has no injury history.

aaron kelly is tall, but hes not 'big'. listed at 190lbs, but i find that a stretch and would realistically put him at 180. my best friend put it accurately when we were at the citadel game saturday. he said for kelly being such a toothpick, he was surprised he has never been hurt. and he said that after kelly got whacked after a nice pickup on a bubble screen.

dont get me wrong, i love kelly's hands. but i wouldnt want him going across the middle with his lack of bulk. if he put on about 25-30lbs and got up to around 210-220, then sure, id go for it. BUT, we did just get two WRs in this draft, so it would be a luxury pick.

Auburn senior right tackle, Jason Bosley, 6'4" and 273 lbs, is SEC Offensive Lineman of the Week.

Auburn, Ala.--Teammates on the Auburn offense like to talk about how smart senior Jason Bosley is

On Saturday, in Auburn’s 27-13 victory over Southern MissBosley showed what a quick learner he is by being named SEC Offensive Lineman of the Week after making the move to right tackle on Wednesday before Saturday’s game.

Bosley played in 70 offensive snaps for the Tigers and had the top grade

of any of Coach Hugh Nall’s offensive lineman with a grade of 94 percent.

Bosley was credited with five “rodeo blocks” and two “****roach blocks” for the Tigers.

Archived