Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The TE is not looked at that often in this offense

terpcap24

Cooley didnt do anything different last night than hes been doing his whole career. Look at Seattle's offenses in the past. The TE has never been featured. I noticed in the preseason against Buffalo that Cooley was getting frustrated due to what seemed like lack of looks. He was pretty much invisible all preseason and again last night. I just dont think he is a major target in this offense. Kinda scary too considering he is our best option in the passing game.

Cooley didnt do anything different last night than hes been doing his whole career. Look at Seattle's offenses in the past. The TE has never been featured. I noticed in the preseason against Buffalo that Cooley was getting frustrated due to what seemed like lack of looks. He was pretty much invisible all preseason and again last night. I just dont think he is a major target in this offense. Kinda scary too considering he is our best option in the passing game.

It would piss me off if that were true, especially since we drafted another TE so highly as well.

our offensive line has to play better, the WCO requires alot of 1 on 1 with the 5 OL cooley was assigned to help pass/run protection but was horrible why throw him the ball when he causing runs for loss yards? Thats more pressure on your team to make up those yards

EDIT: our draft was a bust our 2nd round picks account for 1 catch short of a first down. Kenny phillips would have been a better choice

Seattle WANTED to feature their tight end but Jerramy Stevens is a piece of crap as a human being and only a barely competent receiving TE.

I would not read much into that, between Fauria and Mili, they tried to use their TEs but simply never found an answer there. At least they have a QB, though.

Isn't one game a bit early to be calling our draft a bust?
i see the preseason as no indication for success either, i bet zorn put alot of thought when drafting 2 WRs and 1 TE with 3 2nd round picks. These guys were gonna be featured in our WCO but now we have the same guys from last season minus Mccardell, Lloyd and Caldwell

I think improved pass blocking will allow Cooley to run routes more often. It'll come...give them time.

Exactly, the Giants have a really good D-Line and Cooley was asked to help a lot, you can;t catch passes if you are forced to pass block. One game against the defending SB champs doesn't worry me yet. With almost 10 days to prep for the next game I think we will see a totally different team.

Seattle hasn't had a TE worth the salt he is made of in for ever! What has Holmgren done every time that a TE comes around in the draft? He takes him. It sucks for him that they turn out to be garbage like Jerremy Stevens and he is stuck using a 320 year old Marcus Pollard. He even drafted a TE in the 1st this year. That should tell you how important a pass catching TE is in this offense.

Gibbs used to try and use RB's and TE's sometimes even Moss and ARE to block defensive ends. Zorn needs to trash all those plays from the Gibbs playbook and heck maybe even introduce one seattle running play per week into our playbook.

Cooley on a Giants DE = failure from the start.

Were we not told that the reason fro drafting Fred Davis was because Zorn's version of the WCO utilized the TE alot?

I was as shocked as anyone to not see Davis get any playing time last night as well as Cooley not being utilized.

This was due to the nature of the specific plays Zorn called and not the WCO itself.

Go listen to Zorn's presser.

Everytime they had a play call for Cooley, whether it was gonna be a screen or whatever. The offense jumped offsides, or had a penalty that negated a gain.

They looked to him, but something else ****ed it up.

That reasoning should not make you happy.

At most we had 4 False Starts? Add the two other times Cooley was thrown to (one catch, one penalty), and you get 6. Six passes is not enough for the our best receiving option.

Plax had 10 catches, and multiple other balls thrown his way. I'm not saying Cooley should get 15 balls a game, but 6 isn't going to cut it since he's our only possession receiver.

I think there is possibly some truth to Zorn not being familiar enough with the TE position.

Brent Jones and Mark Chmura would like a word with you.

Just don't go agree to go in the hot tub.

There is an interesting pattern at play.

Holmgren has been entirely unsuccessful with TE's in Seattle. However, Favre has helped no less than 2 separate TE's get new deals since Holmgren left. Also, look at Montana versus Young in relation to TE's.

I don't think you can definitively say the WCO is TE friendly, so much as you can say that Favre and Montana were TE friendly.

No. He didn't get a lot of looks. However, Coach Zorn addressed why. And after watching the game some more, it'll become obvious that it wasn't Zorn's type of scheme at fault. A couple of times, I think Chris was ready to fire a flare to get Jason's attention.

Dah!!! I made that statement in the beginning of Preseason. Zorn's offense does not include Cooley like we are accustomed to. Did everyone notice the reality last night? Cooley can't block. He is a favorite of mine, but I knew better this year not to pick him at TE for points. Sorry, reality hurts. Moss will be the key this year.

Archived