Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

1 Billion Dollars to Georgia????

boobiemiles

His point is you are being incredibly niave on this point

Obama is not about to cut off foreign aid at all, in particular if he wants to "work with our allies" as he says he will.

And I could say you are being incredibly stubborn on your point.

In the end, we all go round and around over and over again.

This is exactly why most of the younger generation are at odds with the older folk. They think they are ten times smarter and so much better than everyone else.

The youth have sat on their asses for too long and let everyone else make important decisions in this country. I hope to God that changes this year. I pray they all get sick and tired of being called "naiive" and looked down upon year after year and Obama beats McSame in a ****ing landslide.

Maybe that will shut some people up for at least four years.

Wow..

I never said you were unintelligent. Don't try to play games with me or put words in my mouth; I've been verbal fencing since before you could walk.

Do what you want, believe what you want. It's all good. Only fools don't take suggestions.

Only fools take suggestions while not bothering to think for themselves.

And I could say you are being incredibly stubborn on your point.

In the end, we all go round and around over and over again.

This is exactly why most of the younger generation are at odds with the older folk. They think they are ten times smarter and so much better than everyone else.

The youth have sat on their asses for too long and let everyone else make important decisions in this country. I hope to God that changes this year. I pray they all get sick and tired of being called "naiive" and looked down upon year after year and Obama beats McSame in a ****ing landslide.

Maybe that will shut some people up for at least four years.

The problem is you have made no point and seem to have zero grasp of our history of foreign aid. That is why I am calling you naive, that you think Obama will change this significantly. If he was, he would go right after the Israeli lobby and a key Democrat constituency. He wouldn't be for sending 30k extra troops to Afghanistan or bombing Pakistan

And newsflash buddy, I am only 6 years older then you. We are in the same generation, unfortantley you are voting for the ideas of the 60s which have gotten us into this mess

The problem is you have made no point and seem to have zero grasp of our history of foreign aid. That is why I am calling you naive, that you think Obama will change this significantly. If he was, he would go right after the Israeli lobby and a key Democrat constituency. He wouldn't be for sending 30k extra troops to Afghanistan or bombing Pakistan

And newsflash buddy, I am only 6 years older then you. We are in the same generation, unfortantley you are voting for the ideas of the 60s which have gotten us into this mess

Last time I checked, the past eight years got us into this mess.

Unless I'm missing something. Or imagining things.

Iraq didn't happen? Katrina didn't happen? 9/11 was a fallacy?

No way this election will produce a president that will change decades of broken policy. I don't pretend to think it will.

But the past eight years have been horrible. Parts of that can be fixed in the short term.

Last time I checked, the past eight years got us into this mess.

Unless I'm missing something. Or imagining things.

Iraq didn't happen? Katrina didn't happen? 9/11 was a fallacy?

No way this election will produce a president that will change decades of broken policy. I don't pretend to think it will.

But the past eight years have been horrible. Parts of that can be fixed in the short term.

If you think those are the big issues for our generation, you are mistaken.

This will help you quite a bit

www.perotcharts.com

And take some time to study this particular issue before shooting off your mouth and becoming emotional and off hinge. The policy of this country, regardless of which party is in power, is to be quite generous with our foreign aid

How about 1 Billion dollars to the American Education System? That would be sweet.

Or 1 Billion dollars for better armor on our troops? That would be rad too.

Both are splendid ideas that I'd love to see as well.

I would have given aid to Georgia but 1B is a bit much. If anything I'd match to an extent whatever (if anything) the EU gives them.

Both are splendid ideas that I'd love to see as well.

I would have given aid to Georgia but 1B is a bit much. If anything I'd match to an extent whatever (if anything) the EU gives them.

lost in all this is what the money will be used towards exactly.

Also, why 1 billion, why not 999,999,999. 1 billion is just the standard these days? like the standard 20 bucks your grandma gives out in birthday cards for all her grand kids?

Doing a bit of research, its really only $500M

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2008/sep/03/usa.georgia

The multiyear proposal calls for spending about half the total in the administration's remaining five months in office and recommending that the next president and his team continue financing the project when they take over in January, a senior official said.

http://blogs.usatoday.com/onpolitics/2007/04/obama_double_fo.html

"Democrat Barack Obama said today he wants to double foreign aid to $50 billion by 2012, and focus on helping "the world's weakest states" improve health, education and business opportunities. In return, he would ask those countries to build democratic institutions, honest police forces and a free press."

"Democrat Barack Obama said today he wants to double foreign aid to $50 billion by 2012, and focus on helping "the world's weakest states" improve health, education and business opportunities. In return, he would ask those countries to build democratic institutions, honest police forces and a free press."

LOL....Paging, Toe Jam

sigh. what ever happened to the non-interventionism policies of George Washington, John Adams, and Thomas Jefferson? Or the Monroe Doctrine? I know the times have changed and our government has changed... but sometimes we just need to butt out and worry about ourselves.

Toe Jam,

Expect it just as much under Obama.

Dammed straight! Both Obama and McCain are on board with supporting Georgia.

Yeah let's save a Billion dollars on aid to Georgia, knowing the Iraq war cost 3 Trillion and any war with Russia would likely cost 10 trillion and thousands of more lives.

Hell in reality we are giving Georgia 1 Billion in additional aid... We actually give them more than that yearly today, and we also help them get IMF loans, which is mostly American money too. Money well spent.

I'm still waiting to hear what economic / or other penelties Bush is going to announce on Russia for sliding back into cold war tactics. That looser took two vacations while this trash was going down.

For you youngsters out there who don't remember the cold war...... Russia is why we freaking spend all that money on our military. Business as usual with the Russki's after they invade a pro western democracy is how the first one started.

sigh. what ever happened to the non-interventionism policies of George Washington, John Adams, and Thomas Jefferson? Or the Monroe Doctrine? I know the times have changed and our government has changed...

WWI, and WWII happened.

The monroe doctrine had to do with keeping european powers from colonizing or interfering in the affairs of newly independent nations in the Americas. One correct usage of the Monroe doctrine in this discussion would be, isn't Russia entitled to their own Monroe Doctrine. If that's what you meant the response would be Georgia is a democracy and semi dictatorial states shouldn't be allowed to overthrow and repress democracies because it's inconvenient for the US to assist them.

but sometimes we just need to butt out and worry about ourselves.

Another argument would be that historically appeasing dictators in europe has only emboldened them. The earlier you take care of business, the cheaper the cost in lives and in treasure. And make no mistake, America would come to Europe's aid if threatened by the Ruskie's. It's been a cornerstone of American foreign policy for 100 years.

Archived