Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Will everyone please calm down!?

djbubba4life

Originally Posted by djbubba4life viewpost.gif

This is ridiculous guys.

Everywhere i go, theres something stupid being written on this board about, how Colt Brennan should start, How Malcom Kelly and Devin Thomas are ALREADY busts. how Jason Campbell wont adapt in time. How Jason Taylor isnt going to be the same. How Greg Blache is nowhere near is good as Williams.

Why cant we all just relax? Its the preseason, i surely remember this board the past few years when our team just was crushed in the pre-season, and there was some woory but no panic like this!

This isnt a Transition year, This isnt a Rebuild year, This isnt a Superbowl year. Its just another season of N.F.L. football, and we can in no way predict the outcome by what we have right now.

We have everything in this team that can show we mean buissness on sundays, We have a great leader on defense (whos name is London, no Jason). We have a prodigy of Sean Taylor playing Safety, we have a dominant defensive line, Our offensive line stood up with only one of the starters last year, A Team leader in Portis, Recievers, and Yes a Quarterback.

There is too much heart in this team, for you guys to give up on them like this so easily. We are Tradition, We are Humble, We are The Washington Redskins, where the sky does not fall unless we have something to say about it. So dont worry guys, everything will be okay. :helmet:

WTF, is this old? Or are you totally forgetting he's dead?

EDIT: Oh, you mean dirty... my bad

You mean, protege.

We know who the Panthers were. Everyone can crown their asses if they want to, go ahead and crown them. We know who they were and we let them off the hook, LOL.

Man, I think every word in this is on point with how the Skins played the last two games...

It's the most hilarious thing, to ever think of Gibbs acting that way.

The Skin fans have certain expectations ... and, unfortunately for the past decade or more the Team has failed to deliver. There are excuses galore.

From a talent stamp point, we have just as good as we did during our super bowl runs.. but, the sad reality is that the players are not driven or motivated to get the job done. It starts with each player doing his best, and collective the team rising to the challenge.

This is ridiculous guys.

How Malcom Kelly and Devin Thomas are ALREADY busts.

Kelly isn't a bust but his injury problems (you know the same ones that caused teams to remove him off their draft board) have caused him to be a waste of a pick.

Thomas is a bust as of now. He's done nothing. Some people like to dismiss Colt or Marcus' performances because it was against "scrubs". Well, Devin Thomas hasn't even flashed against those very same scrubs.

Also, it's not too soon to have an opinion.

It's a well known story that the Redskins players knew Desmond Howard was a bust and couldn't play receiver in the NFL from the first moments he joined the team.

Okay I'm a bit scared. Giving up 47 points even in the preseason raises some alarms to me. I'm not even hoping for playoffs this year since this is Zorns first year as head coach. All I want to see is honest to goodness improvement of Jason Campbell, a 7-9 record, and seeing Thomas and Kelly develop into starters by the end of the season...........I don't think our defense will be that dominating and don't like how many of them play so far back. It's like hey don't give them the big yards but it's ok to give them 7-8 with a chance for them to run for a first down.

Would love to eat alot of crow if we do make the playoffs and both sides of the football start clicking but I'm really really doubtful.

The Redskins have shown a lot of heart in recent years, no doubt. How much of that heart can be attributed to the leadership of Joe Gibbs and Gregg Williams though? There is no denying that those two coaches built a very good team from the ground up. They took over Spurrier's dreadful 5-11 squad (remember Trung Candidate), and they built a team with chemistry, heart, and talent.

Can Jim Zorn keep this team on the right track? It seemed like Zorn was doing a decent job through the offseason, with a seemingly solid draft, two-a-days in camp, and a decent showing early in the pre-season, but the Redskins have looked flat out awful the last two weeks. I don't care who is on the field, you can't have a showing like the Redskins did against Jaxsonville in front of your home crowd, especially not after being obliterated the previous week. I know it is preseason, but you rarely saw a Gibbs team lose like that, and never in back-to-back weeks. I am very nervous that Zorn does not have this team ready for what lies ahead.

This team has shown boatloads of heart in the recent past, so I am willing to suspend judgment for now, it is just preseason after all. Still, I am not sure that Jim Zorn has this team ready for the dogfight of the NFC Beast. We play the Champs in less than a week, and even though we beat them soundly Christmas Eve, I am anything but confident . . .

but from this post, you don't seem too crazy - just uneasy. Thats normal, and I think we all are. If you were to start telling everybody to put their money on a winless season, then we'd probably be referring to you in this thread too.

Lets just remember that the season is 16 games. And GW once said, you're not as good as your best win nor as bad as your worst loss.

Long ago I realized us redskins fans are far too overreactionary, fickle, ignorant, misinformed, and a host of other things. Every week it seems there is a calm down thread (and they are necessary) because we are just a bunch of winey babies. I include myself because I am one of you but I don't b#### and complain like many on here.

The Redskins have shown a lot of heart in recent years, no doubt. How much of that heart can be attributed to the leadership of Joe Gibbs and Gregg Williams though? There is no denying that those two coaches built a very good team from the ground up. They took over Spurrier's dreadful 5-11 squad (remember Trung Candidate), and they built a team with chemistry, heart, and talent.

Can Jim Zorn keep this team on the right track? It seemed like Zorn was doing a decent job through the offseason, with a seemingly solid draft, two-a-days in camp, and a decent showing early in the pre-season, but the Redskins have looked flat out awful the last two weeks. I don't care who is on the field, you can't have a showing like the Redskins did against Jaxsonville in front of your home crowd, especially not after being obliterated the previous week. I know it is preseason, but you rarely saw a Gibbs team lose like that, and never in back-to-back weeks. I am very nervous that Zorn does not have this team ready for what lies ahead.

This team has shown boatloads of heart in the recent past, so I am willing to suspend judgment for now, it is just preseason after all. Still, I am not sure that Jim Zorn has this team ready for the dogfight of the NFC Beast. We play the Champs in less than a week, and even though we beat them soundly Christmas Eve, I am anything but confident . . .

Couldnt have said it better myself. I think those two a days wore the team out.

Thank you for haveing some common sense, it is funny how people get so worked up over some silly preseason BS. :applause: Everything will be just fine. I am glade you liked my whole paloffs statment, once I thought of it I coundn't stop laughing.

haha thank man i appreciate it, and i pretty much fell out of my chair when i saw that comment, hilarious man.

Thomas is a bust as of now. He's done nothing. Some people like to dismiss Colt or Marcus' performances because it was against "scrubs". Well, Devin Thomas hasn't even flashed against those very same scrubs. .

+1

It's understandable that most NFL rookies suffer from being very inconsistent.

The one thing you can say about Thomas is that he's been very consistent...as in consistently non-existent on the field.

The jury is out on Kelly and will be as long as his knee keeps him planted on the pine. As scruffy said, everyone in the league knew about Kelly's knees but we're the ones that were dumb enough to spend a 2nd round pick on him.

Why don't we ever take a chance on a Dlineman in the first 3 rounds of the draft??

Right now, it looks like only Davis was the solid pick coming from Vinny's "vaunted" 2nd round.

Maybe Vinny misunderstood the Meatloaf song playing in the Skins' warroom last April??

It's two out of three ain't bad,Vinny. Not one out of three.

:silly:

This is ridiculous guys.

Everywhere i go, theres something stupid being written...

This isnt a Transition year, This isnt a Rebuild year, This isnt a Superbowl year. Its just another season of N.F.L. football, and we can in no way predict the outcome by what we have right now.

....everything will be okay. :helmet:

Taking nothing away from your experinces with the team but every Year starts with great expectations, but the problem is that some of us remember the "good ol days"! Real expectations that were met (Skins fan from birth) !

After 1991 season we really havent done too much to talk about. Years of barely squeaking into the playoffs and bad FO moves you get tired of the same old same. Hence the panic when you have two terrible games back to back.

This is a transition year. This is a rebuilding process. We never addressed the OL and DL for the future. We still have several areas on the D that need to be addressed.

People in ES were high on the draft (rated A by most/I rated a C), so to see all the top picks do absolutely nothing angers some. Blanche has looked confused and his defense is vanilla.

We dont know the outcome yet, but it does NOT look like a Superbowl year. It does look like yet another Losing season IMO.

Guest sith lord

The reason why so many people are up and arms is because we have all seen this movie before. You guys just go ahead and keep lying to yourselves and continue to say that those last two beatings we suffered don't matter. This team will not flip a switch and look good Thursday. I'm sorry to say, but this opening game against the Giants could get ugly real fast.

Also, I just can't help but laugh at the few that says that the Giants suck.

+1

It's understandable that most NFL rookies suffer from being very inconsistent.

The one thing you can say about Thomas is that he's been very consistent...as in consistently non-existent on the field.

The jury is out on Kelly and will be as long as his knee keeps him planted on the pine. As scruffy said, everyone in the league knew about Kelly's knees but we're the ones that were dumb enough to spend a 2nd round pick on him.

Why don't we ever take a chance on a Dlineman in the first 3 rounds of the draft??

Right now, it looks like only Davis was the solid pick coming from Vinny's "vaunted" 2nd round.

Maybe Vinny misunderstood the Meatloaf song playing in the Skins' warroom last April??

It's two out of three ain't bad,Vinny. Not one out of three.

:silly:

. . . our first game is on Thursday.

Please wait until we actually PLAY to grade our draft, even though most would agree that it takes YEARS to fully assess a draft.

Archived