Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Under Construction - Update Avatars

TK

Magic Wand tool never works for me - always grabs part of the player in addition to the background. How do you fine tune it? :mad:

CS3 Extended. You can use either Magic Wand or right click on it & you can use it as a Quick Selection tool. It's kinda like a cross between magic wand & magnetic lasso.

In lieu of the magic wand, I would recommend the Vertus Fluid Mask PS plug. If you have it. Quick, easy and accurate with automatic feathering.
Also, you can adjust the sensitivity of the wand.

Which one have you found works the best? With Quick Selection, I can do a cutout in 2 minutes or less depending on the picture.

Which one have you found works the best? With Quick Selection, I can do a cutout in 2 minutes or less depending on the picture.

If you are that fast, the quick selection is probably best. Vertus is better when using a cutout against varied backgrounds with it slider-controlled feathering, and it lets you select things like individual hairs, leaves, branches etc. quickly like no other plug. You can even use the histogram to add or remove parts of your selection. But for a simple avatar clean cut on a black background, your way is probably best with that kind of proficiency. I would have added some avatars, but I simply don't own any good game pics to use. Is there a copyright issue with avatar photos? BTW excellent job on the new site!

You can see some of the capabilites of Vertus in these tutorials.

http://www.vertustech.com/fm_tutorials.htm

Sorry not meaning to hijack this thread, felt it was better to post in here, rather then start a new one.

Directed at a MOd-

It used to be with the old system we could block posts by certain individuals, but I dont see that process on the new system. Is it not enabled? Or am I not looking in the right spot ?

BTW- can you get that guy that has the signature that says "TASTE LIKE CHICKEN" to design some avatars ??? :laugh:

PG, Slinky, and RP make some of the best avatars I have seen. I tried making some, an posted them earlier in the thread, but they aren't that great. The edges are all jagged and don't look that good. I used Photoshop Elements 5.0 and just used the polygonal lasso tool and just cut out around everyone.

I like the idea of your sig...but she aint got no donk!

All.

We're still working under the hood here & apologise for any technical difficulties (board being down this morning) you have had or may have in the coming days.

What is with the apologise? Are you British or something? In the states we spell it apologize.

But seriously thanks for all of the hard work you do on this board. :saintsuck

HTTR

• 3 weeks later...

Archived