Extremeskins

GOAL LINE BLITZ - Extremeskins Franchise

Robbnva

Who's the better comedy lead  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Who's the better comedy lead

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
Dude! You're on my team. Steady blockin' for Runny (best RB ever).

Tell me about it. He's such a beast. Def top 5 GLB RB ever! lol.

A good o-line helps though... :silly:

And I just thought that i would tell you that a took some "notes" of your build if I ever plan on making a powerback. And by notes I mean screenshot. :paranoid:

lol. But i'm not sharing it with anyone or something like that just for my own personal use. :D

Tell me about it. He's such a beast. Def top 5 GLB RB ever! lol.

A good o-line helps though... :silly:

And I just thought that i would tell you that a took some "notes" of your build if I ever plan on making a powerback. And by notes I mean screenshot. :paranoid:

lol. But i'm not sharing it with anyone or something like that just for my own personal use. :D

Good O line definitely helps.

Two random dudes asked me to help them on their power back builds as well. Kind of flattering to be honest.

Share my build with anybody and I'll cut you! Cut you!:silly:

Another thing...

I had a player on the Extreme but I went to another team because he was a back up and the Extreme weren't looking so good. So I was going around looking at different leagues and saw the Extreme in some league other than USA Pro. The hadn't won a game all season. Any insight as to what happened there?

Here's what happened to the Extreme...

1: I started to feel really bad badgering people to buy flex

2: Our builds were subpar

3: The initial fun feeling wore off

When I let it be known I wasn't going to renew my ownership, no one stepped up to take over (and I didn't blame anyone, it wasn't a good situation to step into), so people started making plans to go to other teams. When squatch did step up to take over a lot of people were already on their way out. He had to find replacements for well over half of the team. He's put in a lot of effort, but there just aren't enough quality free agents to go around.

I had hamstrung him, unintentionally. I tried to keep the team as much ES as possible. I feel bad that some guys from here were relegated to second string roles or traded away, in retrospect I wish I'd stayed true to the principle of ES first. It meant more than the season 2 championship.

Anyway, couple the personnel losses with really strong teams (more like one guy with an absurd amount of both money and free time) being promoted and USA Pro became too tough for the remnants of the team. Even USA AAA is too much, apparently. I haven't logged in for weeks and I'm not missing it at all. If anyone wants my account PM me and we can work out details. Retiring my guys would probably be worth about 3k flex...

I'm still playing for now...

The game has some serious weaknesses and I'll probably just stick around until my guys start declining and then quit. The random changes in the game that keep requiring a change in build is frustrating.

I'm still playing for now...

The game has some serious weaknesses and I'll probably just stick around until my guys start declining and then quit. The random changes in the game that keep requiring a change in build is frustrating.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I have an RB who is pretty much a monster. He's a power back build for the most part. I'm worried that randomly, builds like mine will be nerfed and then my monster of an RB will be just average.

If that happens, I quit. I built him to be a destroyer and if all of a sudden he isn't, it will suck.

Ah....old teammates showing up!

The changes are damn frustrating. The power back thing actually pisses me off a bit. It really bit our team in the ass down the stretch this past season. Not to piss you off Springfield, but once again, I think Bort did go a little overboard. The nerf will come eventually. :)

When I let it be known I wasn't going to renew my ownership, no one stepped up to take over (and I didn't blame anyone, it wasn't a good situation to step into), so people started making plans to go to other teams. When squatch did step up to take over a lot of people were already on their way out. He had to find replacements for well over half of the team. He's put in a lot of effort, but there just aren't enough quality free agents to go around.

My FS didn't get to join the Extreme until season 3, so I missed the championship. Squatch was on another team I had players on but I had already decided to take my FS elsewhere because it wasn't looking good.

I took him over to the Bullets, owned by monkeyskins (who I believe is a member here). We won a championship this season (7) so all is well. He did sell his team to another teammate but this should hopefully turn out to be a better situation than the Extreme was. The reason I left there is because there was just too much uncertainty.

For my time there on the Extreme, it was a well run team. It won it's championship. I think that is half the fun of the game... spending a whole season doing the right things and then winning a championship. The pursuit, not the end.

Ah....old teammates showing up!

The changes are damn frustrating. The power back thing actually pisses me off a bit. It really bit our team in the ass down the stretch this past season. Not to piss you off Springfield, but once again, I think Bort did go a little overboard. The nerf will come eventually. :)

What team were you on? What's your s/n in GLB?

Plays like this? A bit frustrating?

http://goallineblitz.com/game/replay.pl?game_id=311779&pbp_id=10922960

But as it is concerned to the game and the power backs. Seasons 2-5, everyone concentrated on speed, EVERYBODY. I did as well... it wasn't until about season 3 or 4 when I had my RB on the Fireskins that I decided to turn him into a power back. All things considered, his speed and agility are good too.

My line of thinking is... everybody built elusive backs. Elusive backs worked very, very well. But the defenses caught up to that and learned how to stop it. A lot of it meant exceptional speed without strength or tackling. I built my guy so that after he breaks through the line (good blocking helps a lot) most LBs and DBs can't match his strength. They may be slightly faster than him, but tackling him is the problem.

Frustrating? Yes. Did I "guess" right? I'd say so.

When squatch did step up to take over a lot of people were already on their way out. He had to find replacements for well over half of the team. He's put in a lot of effort, but there just aren't enough quality free agents to go around.

He went there when he left the Fireskins, right? He helped us out a lot.

I miss the Fireskins, that team was close. All ES too.

The BCLCo. is kick ass. Glad Robbvna puts in the work. He is a killer GM.

The game is still frustrating. I am focusing on building up the primaries and hoping they stay consistently good. regardless of the "Borting".

~Whiskeybilt

Archived